The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

38 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

We have Baer, Archie, Leipsic, Gaunce and JG on his way on the left side as well a JD.  I don't think there is room for him.

You can't assume Gadjovich or Dahlen will be ready for the NHL next year, and Gaunce is pretty much done as a Canuck since Archie makes him expendable.

17 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

You can't assume Gadjovich or Dahlen will be ready for the NHL next year, and Gaunce is pretty much done as a Canuck since Archie makes him expendable.

I agree with the for the former part, I don't expect either of them to be NHLers until 2019-20 probably. I can't fully agree with the latter statement though, as the two guys bring slightly different things to the table. Gaunce is physical, but much less so than Archi; however, Gaunce has stellar defensive play whereas Archie is more average in that regard.

Gaunce is more of a shutdown forward and Archie is more of a hard-hitting grinder.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Goldy it isn't a good sign when recent throw in to a trade and waiver fodder Jokinen is getting ice time while you sit. You have such a great opportunity but your clearly not doing as the coach wants. If you can't win him over to end the year good luck making it to training camp and beating out someone there...

My guess is Goldy is included in a trade or traded himself at the draft. Sure seems like coach Green doesn't trust him. When you play an aging yet scoring Jokinen(as a canuck) and Dowd over Goldy you clearly aren't trying to ice a team with the most scoring ability. Green holds his players accountable, I admire that. I would like to see Goldy vs the above 2 but thats just from a fans point of view. Team wants players to earn their spot on the roster, just like how Hutton has been treated lately.

Goldy has the skill, but needs to do more in the coaches eye, so lets hope he can. But personally he has been given this wake up call a couple times this year and it hasn't registered yet so I doubt it does for the remainder of this season

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

I wonder what draft pick Goldy can fetch. 4th rounder?? 3rd rounder?? Maybe even less?? 

I doubt he fetches a 2nd 

Oh, he would fetch a 2nd.   Too much natural talent there and many teams are so desperately wanting offensive potential.   He has NHL skillset without question but seems unable to to fully apply himself.   Many organizations will view this as something they can make happen.   IF the Canucks were to dangle him, given his age and untapped potential he would most certainly be able to snag a second.   The issue is - do you give up on him now?   Perhaps one more year and the increased level of camp competition - that and perhaps a good summer with chats from Igor L.

26 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Oh, he would fetch a 2nd.   Too much natural talent there and many teams are so desperately wanting offensive potential.   He has NHL skillset without question but seems unable to to fully apply himself.   Many organizations will view this as something they can make happen.   IF the Canucks were to dangle him, given his age and untapped potential he would most certainly be able to snag a second.   The issue is - do you give up on him now?   Perhaps one more year and the increased level of camp competition - that and perhaps a good summer with chats from Igor L.

I'd be 100% down to give up on him assuming we can package him with something else to a get 1st rounder in this years draft. This is assuming there is a player benning likes in the late mid 1st rd. 

6 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I'd be 100% down to give up on him assuming we can package him with something else to a get 1st rounder in this years draft. This is assuming there is a player benning likes in the late mid 1st rd. 

I think we take a 2nd and run if offered. Too much depth at F now. The waiver eligible fringe players will need to be dealt, can't afford to lose anyone on waivers.

I think a 3rd would be his value, unless you deal him to a team with multiple 2nds, like Montreal....they have 4 2nd round picks, maybe we can get 1 of them for Goldy? 

12 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I think we take a 2nd and run if offered. Too much depth at F now. The waiver eligible fringe players will need to be dealt, can't afford to lose anyone on waivers.

I think a 3rd would be his value, unless you deal him to a team with multiple 2nds, like Montreal....they have 4 2nd round picks, maybe we can get 1 of them for Goldy? 

They already have Scherbak who has been getting similar criticism as Goldobin - he looked better his last recall though.  Also the Habs are undersized with Gallagher, Drouin, Lehkonen, Shaw, Byron, Hudon - they'd like to add size and a bit more toughness.

Molson also said this week that they want to add speed and character to their lineup.  That doesn't really fit Goldobin.

Edited by mll

I'm all for trading him. If offered a 2nd...I'm not looking any further, I'm grabbing it.  A 3rd...I'd take it provided it was top 10 in that round. Lower than that, I'm wanting at least a "B" grade player, preferably Dman, in return. All in all, that wouldn't be a bad return over a 2yr period for Honey Badger.

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

I'll take a 2nd and run too tbh. I think his value is a 3rd too

What i was saying earlier was that IF we can package him with something(s) maybe we can get a 1st? 

Edited by DontMessMe

16 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Beginning to think that might be best considering all the Russians we fail to develop. Trying to think of the last Russian we had that we developed.

I think this is a poor attitude.

Svechnicov is a teenager who has been playing in NA for 2 years now. If he didn't care about making the NHL as a dream he wouldn't be here. I'm sure he would be making more $$ playing in mother Russia. And yet here he is playing in such glamourous places as Muskegon Michigan and Barrie Ont!

He came over at 15 and has excelled but lets write the kid off as a flight risk.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I think this is a poor attitude.

Svechnicov is a teenager who has been playing in NA for 2 years now. If he didn't care about making the NHL as a dream he wouldn't be here. I'm sure he would be making more $$ playing in mother Russia. And yet here he is playing in such glamourous places as Muskegon Michigan and Barrie Ont!

He came over at 15 and has excelled but lets write the kid off as a flight risk.

Never said Russians were all flight risks. Just that we are poor at developing them. Lol. Easy there bud.

• Cheers 1