The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cup predictions

Cup Preditions !  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those of you predicting San Jose to win, well good luck with that. Dont get me wrong, I'd love another 1st rounder as much as anyone but how often do teams who get to the final and lose end up repeating the next year and win? Only one team comes to mind in the cap era and that's the Penguins. Not even the modern dynasty Blackhawks have been to consecutive finals, so in what alternate dimension do the perennially choking Sharks do it?

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the Sharks go back to their old ways and bow out in the first round. In fact I'd prefer that because I dont like Thornton and most of the players on that team and I'm sick of seeing teams which are newer than the Canucks win a cup.

I'd bet on Pittsburgh to win again.

I would love to see the Capitals win but they've struggled since they came back from theirb5 day break a week or two ago. Before the break they were running like a week oiled machine. Similar thing happened to them last year as well. 

Right now Chicago looks like it's the team to beat. I think Toews and the Blackhawks will win their 4th Cup this summer.  

• 2 weeks later...

Montreal is lucky they have a cushion , they are stone cold first round knockouts. Toronto is impressive lately, Ottawa has been good. Edmonton is high scoring but a first round collision with Anehiem would be a tough challenge. Calgary looks mediocre and needs a perfect matchup. It's nice having some Canadian teams to cheer for again.

SJ has a whole other fanbase in their corner now....have to pull for them.  It's in our best interest.

But I'd love to see Burr do well, so the Sens are my close second.  Beyond that, throw the cup in the ocean and let all those other dogs swim to it.   (Hard for me NOT to cheer for Bieksa, but Anaheim).

13 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Caps or Wild. Sens as a dark horse.

Don't see Pens or Hawks getting past the second round.

What?

The Hawks aka the hottest team in hockey since post all star break?

Nobody in the west can match Chicago. I see them easily getting to round 3. They can handle Minny,St. Louis, Nashville and anybody in the Pacific no problem.

Other than the Sharks who has the talent and pedigree of the Hawks?

Minnesota has Boudreau a constsnt choker. St Louis another major loser franchise and Nashville? Calgary or Edmonton? Anahiem? Chicago has more big game players than those 3 teams combined.

Chicago fears no one at this point. Pittsburgh winning last year only motivated Chicago to get back on top.

Not a player more competitive in the league than Captain Serious. You know he wants to distance himself as a winner between himself and Crosby.

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

What?

The Hawks aka the hottest team in hockey since post all star break?

Nobody in the west can match Chicago. I see them easily getting to round 3. They can handle Minny,St. Louis, Nashville and anybody in the Pacific no problem.

Other than the Sharks who has the talent and pedigree of the Hawks?

Minnesota has Boudreau a constsnt choker. St Louis another major loser franchise and Nashville? Calgary or Edmonton? Anahiem? Chicago has more big game players than those 3 teams combined.

Chicago fears no one at this point. Pittsburgh winning last year only motivated Chicago to get back on top.

Not a player more competitive in the league than Captain Serious. You know he wants to distance himself as a winner between himself and Crosby.

And I'm not debating that, I'm just going with my gut. I just don't see a recent cup winner taking it this year.

Archived