The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Anaheim Ducks Mar 28,2017 07:00PM

3KBieksa

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

I know, I was joking, I gave up a while ago trying to figure out Willie's logic with deployment

The sad thing is some people still defend Wiillie letting his pet plugs play however the hell they like with absolutely zero consequences.  Any real coach would have told Benning that Larsen would stay in the press box no matter and he might as well be waived.  Taylor Hall cost us a good chance at dead last by forcing us to play 6 NHL defensemen.

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And straight away Larsen up to his usual worthless self.  Why in holy hell haven't we waived this bum?  Best case scenario is someone claims him and we gain a contract spot.  Worst case is Alaska gets some reinforcement.

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It was worth the risk.  What's baffling me is how this piece of garbage hasn't been waived despite making it abundantly clear he has no hope of learning how to play defense.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

First one courtesy of Larsen, who WD is now rewarding with PP time.  Not sure how in holy hell our coach thinks it's acceptable for our defensemen to play like trash in our own end yet bench forwards for minor miscues.

Utica is in a playoff race - they're not going to recall a D - simple as that.

Larsen is a space filler.  He's their #9 D, and probably 10 at this point, but they're not going to disrupt Utica to fill a 6 spot on their blueline.. 

Without Gud, Stecher and Biega playing forward, he's a stop gap in meaningless games.

I realize he fills your need for a whipping boy - and is such an easy target / low laying fruit for sure - but it's not really worth the protest.

We all know he hasn't seized his opportunity and is gone at season's end.

Just now, BoDangles53 said:

does he use a worn down superblade on his stick? lol

Possibly.  I remember playing with one that was about 1"...Even then, I think I was better at keeping the puck in than Edler.  He doesn't even look like an NHL calibre defenseman

9 minutes ago, BoDangles53 said:

If they can find a center that works with him and Goldobin who knows - those two lit it up together in junior so they have chemistry - but galchenyuk was their C so hard to know who was 'driving the bus' there

Maybe MTL is willing to part with Galchenyuk this offseason... Playoffs being the decider.

He's tops on my list!

Just now, oldnews said:

Utica is in a playoff race - they're not going to recall a D - simple as that.

Larsen is a space filler.  He's their #9 D, and probably 10 at this point, but they're not going to disrupt Utica to fill a 6 spot on their blueline.. 

Without Gud, Stecher and Biega playing forward, he's a stop gap in meaningless games.

I realize he fills your need for a whipping boy - and is such an easy target / low laying fruit for sure - but it's not really worth the protest.

We all know he hasn't seized his opportunity and is gone at season's end.

Then play 11 forwards and use Biega on defense.

There is absolutely ZERO excuse for letting Larsen to continue to waste icetime. 

Archived