The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Anaheim Ducks Mar 28,2017 07:00PM

3KBieksa

44 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

If Jake can channel a bit of Raffe Torres by banging bodies and chipping in 15-20 goals along with some swagger that wouln't hurt at all.

Yes indeed. Tanev the wise and shifty is also an essential piece.

54 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

If Jake can channel a bit of Raffe Torres by banging bodies and chipping in 15-20 goals along with some swagger that wouln't hurt at all.

I feel that a Torres type player is Jake's floor. While it's definitely not good enough for a 6th overall pick, Torres type players absolutely help teams win. That said, I think Jake will be more of a 25-30 goal scorer that sticks up for teammates and can run over anyone that gets in his way. Reading the article in the Province yesterday about Jake should make fans a lot more confident in this young kid.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

I'm quite pleased we have a guy like Goldy in the mix.  Bordering on cocky, at least outwardly very confident.  I think this franchise has needed some blatant swaggger for some time now.  If he can do his talking on the ice we'll have a beaut.

As Goldobin learns to put everything together at the NHL level and likely become a 20-30 goal guy, I think Canucks fans will finally have exactly what they expected Shinkaruk to become. A very likable, somewhat cocky player that will give fan the highlight reel goals.

Bo, Baertschi, Goldobin, Boeser, Virtanen, Granlund, Dahlen, Juolevi, Tryamkin, Gudbranson, Stetcher, all make it very exciting to be a Canucks fan right now looking toward the future.

1 minute ago, zduck14 said:

Bo, Baertschi, Goldobin, Boeser, Virtanen, Granlund, Dahlen, Juolevi, Tryamkin, Gudbranson, Stetcher, all make it very exciting to be a Canucks fan right now looking toward the future.

This'll make me a happy Canucks fan when those guys come together.

16 hours ago, J-23 said:

Rumor has it that they tried to get Luongo to take that photo shoot before they asked Kesler.

They also asked Lu to star as Sask in a Kokanee ad.

GCG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4-3 we lose. Brock gets a tricky-chapeau. 4 Duck goals off de'arse of Noname.

30 minutes ago, zduck14 said:

I feel that a Torres type player is Jake's floor. While it's definitely not good enough for a 6th overall pick, Torres type players absolutely help teams win. That said, I think Jake will be more of a 25-30 goal scorer that sticks up for teammates and can run over anyone that gets in his way. Reading the article in the Province yesterday about Jake should make fans a lot more confident in this young kid.

As Goldobin learns to put everything together at the NHL level and likely become a 20-30 goal guy, I think Canucks fans will finally have exactly what they expected Shinkaruk to become. A very likable, somewhat cocky player that will give fan the highlight reel goals.

Good comparison 

44 minutes ago, zduck14 said:

I'd add boucher to that list as well. He has a hell of a shot.

1 hour ago, zduck14 said:

don't forget Demko and Gaudette!!! and this years pick as well :)

Edit: oh and Hutton

18 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

don't forget Demko and Gaudette!!! and this years pick as well :)

Edit: oh and Hutton

34 minutes ago, fourtwentyfour said:

I'd add boucher to that list as well. He has a hell of a shot.

Absolutely! I knew I was forgetting someone. 

Demko - I do believe the hype and having seen him playing several times, I think the Canucks have an even better goalie on their hands than Schneider.

Gaudette - I've only seen one game and, while he looked good, it was just one game. No idea what to think about him.

Boucher - For a waiver claim, I think Boucher is a steal. Could be one of the better waiver claims in in the NHL in a very long time.

On top of these guys, I'm sure one or two of Jasek, Stukel, Zhukenov, Neill, Lockwood, Olson, Subban or Brisebois will surprise and become an regualr NHLer. 

Like I said before, very exciting time for Canucks fans that follow them as closely as the average CDCer does.

4 hours ago, riffraff said:

I'm quite pleased we have a guy like Goldy in the mix.  Bordering on cocky, at least outwardly very confident.  I think this franchise has needed some blatant swaggger for some time now.  If he can do his talking on the ice we'll have a beaut.

As important as winning is of course, it is still the entertainment business.  Who remembers the days of Shack, Tiger, and Shakey?  Always fun to have some characters around to spice things up.  Goldie looks like he's able and willing and BHut is non-stop giggles.  Often the enforcers are good that way too, like Timmy Hunter.  Explains why so many were sad to see Lack go even though he was a mediocre goaltender.  The game's supposed to be fun!

20 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Home debut for Brock !!   Should be a great game !!

I predict Canucks win 4-2....Brock scores one and the hometown fans go wild !!

Image result for brock boeser canucks

Image result for brock boeser canucks

Should that not read .Brock scores one and the hometown fans go MINNESOTA wild !!

Archived