The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tanev Poll - The Mother of all Polls (Discussion)

The Tanev trade Poll  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK.....I am not the judge here...you guys are............

Please vote for the most Realistic trade you feel the Canucks could get for Tanev

Do Not Vote the best trade offered!

These are the ones I have read on here and HF Boards

Tanev will get us a Drouin, Puljujarvi, Nylander type of player and hopefully a pick to boot. You have to pay up for a Dman of Tanev's calibre these days. Just look at what the Oilers paid for Larsson. 

People seem to forget Tanev is only 27 and the only way he is traded is if they make it impossible to say no. Oilers become a serious threat with Tanev, and so does some other teams. It's amazing what teams will give up to win a cup. If Tanev is traded I can gaurentee No1 will be disappointed in the return. Atleast knowledgeable non trolling fans anyway.. 

Hansen = Goldobin + 4th

Burrows = Dahlen

Tanev = more

Edler is the one I'd be shopping hard. TBH I want to keep Tanev, unless we get a no brainer offer

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

Was this thread really needed?

Well, no it wasn't...we should have had just one, but this is a summary of the majority of trade suggestions.....we can add to it if needed, but it is really the poll, that I am interested in......hopefully the less vocal join in and vote too....but I hope everyone votes

Anyways....hope you voted!

I like Pulvi for the Olli connection lol.  But Drouin would be sweet. I also think Jake Gardiner may be an option out of TOR as well.  He would assist us in the transition game and would be a decent gap stop around the 4-5 range.  The dream would be Gardiner + Kapanen + 1st but that's slightly unrealistic.  I am not sold on kapanen but if Jim believes in him I'm definitely interested.  Drouin might be 2 much of pre modona as much as i'd love his skill. 

I didn't realize Jake Gardiner was near 0.5 PPG.  so that seems silly now lol

No way we get Puljujarvi. He is better than any player in the 2017 draft IMO. 

I chose Kapanen, Leipsic, and a 1st.  That seems pretty fair.

However, I think we could maximize Tanev's value by trading him at the 2018 deadline. 

Tanev isn't a rental because of his contract, but he could still command a hefty price.

He'll have a NTC, but it only restricts 8 teams, so GMJB will have 22 teams to work with.  (31 - 8 - 1 = 22)

what is with the reporters and fan base in this town? I swear it has to be the worst in the league. Now the expectation is we trade him and people are going to be oh so dissapointed when either we don't or the return isn't as astronomical as they expected

3 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

No way we get Puljujarvi. He is better than any player in the 2017 draft IMO. 

I chose Kapanen, Leipsic, and a 1st.  That seems pretty fair.

However, I think we could maximize Tanev's value by trading him at the 2018 deadline. 

Tanev isn't a rental because of his contract, but he could still command a hefty price.

He'll have a NTC, but it only restricts 8 teams, so GMJB will have 22 teams to work with.  (31 - 8 - 1 = 22)

What. 

5 hours ago, duc_evo said:

I'm really high on the Nylander brothers, I'm sure we can swing a deal to acquire both of them....

What do you guys think?

Tanev won't be enough for Will, and very very doubtful he's enough for Alex. Tanev never playing more than 70 games in a year also hurts his value, no matter the reason he missed those games. The problem with trying to trades vets to teams on the rise for their good young players is generally that they want to keep them. Even Larsson got the older Hall, not the younger Drai.

6 hours ago, Jaku said:

What. 

Not really that crazy....Puljujarvi was ranked #3 last year before the draft.

Laine and Matthews are clearly better than any 2017 draft eligible player.

So the #3 player Puljujarvi could also be better than NP and NH. I've watched him, Hischier and Patrick play and Puljujarvi seems like the better player. The only issue is he isn't a center.

6 hours ago, duc_evo said:

I'm really high on the Nylander brothers, I'm sure we can swing a deal to acquire both of them....

What do you guys think?

36 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Tanev won't be enough for Will, and very very doubtful he's enough for Alex. Tanev never playing more than 70 games in a year also hurts his value, no matter the reason he missed those games. The problem with trying to trades vets to teams on the rise for their good young players is generally that they want to keep them. Even Larsson got the older Hall, not the younger Drai.

Yup TOR isn't gonna let Will go for cheap. 

If GMJB trades for the Nylander brothers, we're gonna have to give till it hurts and then some.

36 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Not really that crazy....Puljujarvi was ranked #3 last year before the draft.

Laine and Matthews are clearly better than any 2017 draft eligible player.

So the #3 player Puljujarvi could also be better than NP and NH. I've watched him, Hischier and Patrick play and Puljujarvi seems like the better player. The only issue is he isn't a center.

My bad! I definitely mis-read that.

I'd say he's worth either 5-10 high pick in this years draft or a 20-30 pick + a B prospect.

Would love to be wrong and land an A prospect or legitimate elite talent young forward, even if we do have to add to Tanev to make it happen.

But realistically, I think we're looking at a late 1st and a B prospect akin to Goldobin or Dahlen.

Archived