The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Jonathan Drouin, conditional 2018 6th-round pick to Canadiens for Mikhail Sergachev, conditional 2018 2nd-round pick

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I think he will strive in it.  He loves pressure. just like baer looked more pressure being on the pp and moving up the lineup.  Kids like that want to be in the spotlight.  they want to be the star of the show.  He was a side show on tampa with the likes of stamkos, kucherov, and johansen.  On montreal hes going to be the star of the show.  I'm really excited too see montreal play now.  Drouin imo is a top 15 skill player in the nhl.  He's got elite caliber.

Аrpon Basu @ArponBasu 7m7 minutes ago

"I'm going to thrive on that pressure. I love that stuff." - Jonathan Drouin.

Just now, PassittoBoeser said:

Yes after my playing days were done I went back to school quite normal actually 

:)

Bye!

No one cares.  You probably work at McDonald's flipping burgers pretending to live the lavish life on CDC.  Beat it pal.

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

No, because the big 3 in Toronto are untouchable.  No offer would pry a rookie who just finished scoring over 60 points out of Toronto.

Well idk about that. I mean a McDavid for Nylander trade would have Maple Leaf fans laughing..

Take Tanev's value as you see it multiply it by 4 and you have his actual trade value. Dmen, especially a shutdown top 4 dmen like Tanev, in his prime is worth a hell of a lot more than most think.

And Babcock loves Tanev so if Babcock gives the word then yes I could deffiently see a straight up trade Tanev for Nylander.

1 minute ago, Hortankin said:

Well idk about that. I mean a McDavid for Nylander trade would have Maple Leaf fans laughing..

Take Tanev's value as you see it multiply it by 4 and you have his actual trade value. Dmen, especially a shutdown top 4 dmen like Tanev, in his prime is worth a hell of a lot more than most think.

And Babcock loves Tanev so if Babcock gives the word then yes I could deffiently see a straight up trade Tanev for Nylander.

You're smoking rocks if you see a 1 for 1 trade, Tanev for Nylander.

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

No one cares.  You probably work at McDonald's flipping burgers pretending to live the lavish life on CDC.  Beat it pal.

2 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

bye kid

Now now children. This is CDC, not a kindergarten.. 

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

if you mosey on over to the tanev to toronto thread you will see some people actually think Toronto adds to this

2 hours ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

I guess our comparable would have been something along the lines of Joelevi and one of our 2nd rounders for Drouin.

I'd have considered that if I were JB

Juolevi hasn't impressed like Sergachev has since the draft. You wouldn't have gotten the same deal for Juolevi. 

Tanev makes TO a serious threat and really adds a huge boost to their backend. Nylander is great but the skill of young forwards they have they can afford it.

Buddy of mine is a huge Leafs fan and says he would do it in a heart beat. The Leafs may look to swap some picks in their favour but I don't see there being any major pieces added from our end to make it happen.

Your smoking rocks if you don't see the possibility

45 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

so you actually think Chris Tanev has the same value as Larsson and Sergachev?

That is a fair question.  I would argue to a team on the bubble.  May consider paying the extra value required to make a deal like that.  If they felt that player that is fully developed is ready now.  I don't think the value the same.

Tanev is better then Larsson.  But edm overpaid to get who they wanted.  Sergachev was a very risky swap. 

I am so flabbergased lol

49 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

If they're seriously shopping Gally now, after basically riding 2 months of the season with less quality center depth than even we had than they're idiots.

Although, if they want we DO have this kid who is a center with a french sounding last name in gaudette.

If they want to maybe throw us Gally and a conditional 3rd for Gaudette and a 5th I'd be down.  You know, since Bergevin is about to completely destroy his teams ability to compete by leaving Plekanec, Flynn or Shaw as their #1 center lol

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Juolevi hasn't impressed like Sergachev has since the draft. You wouldn't have gotten the same deal for Juolevi. 

Not offensively. But I'd still take Juolevi over Sergachev if the draft was today. People are way too analytic nowadays. Analytics work best in basketball and baseball, they work in hockey also, but to win in hockey a lot has to do with heart and character and analytics just don't cover that aspect of the game

3 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Tanev makes TO a serious threat and really adds a huge boost to their backend. Nylander is great but the skill of young forwards they have they can afford it.

Buddy of mine is a huge Leafs fan and says he would do it in a heart beat. The Leafs may look to swap some picks in their favour but I don't see there being any major pieces added from our end to make it happen.

Your smoking rocks if you don't see the possibility

Delusional.

42 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

little guy?

I think you care a little bit too much about this whole RD thing.... anyway....

24-27 range? That 3 year age difference is a big deal when it comes to trade value, so don't act like it isn't.

Adam Larsson was drafted 4th overall, Tanev went undrafted. The fact that he went 4th overall and wasn't a complete bust added a significant premium to his value. 

These two factors are the main advantages Larsson has on Tanev.

Chris Tanev has great underlying numbers. He also has a history of injuries and no offensive game to note. He will not be bringing back a Taylor Hall or Jonathan Drouin in a 1 for 1 swap.

Kyle Turris was drafted 3rd overall.  Cam Barker was also drafted 3rd overall.

Please stop making "draft spot" your platform.

Because we just got a ransom in return for a guy drafted 2nd last in the 9th round and a guy who was picked up from a ball hockey league

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

If they're seriously shopping Gally now, after basically riding 2 months of the season with less quality center depth than even we had than they're idiots.

Although, if they want we DO have this kid who is a center with a french sounding last name in gaudette.

If they want to maybe throw us Gally and a conditional 3rd for Gaudette and a 5th I'd be down.  You know, since Bergevin is about to completely destroy his teams ability to compete by leaving Plekanec, Flynn or Shaw as their #1 center lol

I think the issue is they don't think he's a C - I agree with you but maybe there are flaws in his game (perhaps on the d side) that don't make him a real C and thus they may trade him for one. That is my guess..But given their lack of young offensive talent, I agree moving him is stupid, especially given how well he's played for a young player at this stage, way to early to give up on him, he's been very good offensively. Defense you can teach, unless he's too high maintenance  / uncoachable but Drouin isn't a saint either.

Delusional.

You know I'm talking about CHRIS Tanev and not Brandon Tanev right? TO made a huge jump last year and their only real question mark is lack of experience and an elite shutdown Dman. How can you not see that Tanev is a perfect fit for them?

Archived