The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Jonathan Drouin, conditional 2018 6th-round pick to Canadiens for Mikhail Sergachev, conditional 2018 2nd-round pick

Just now, Warhippy said:

Again, let's draft Vilardi and then trade Horvat because we filled his spot with Vilardi.

Don't freak out, wait to see the return for him first.

LOL, that kid plays too much EA man, you just trade in that game because you're bored and you want to see what you can do lol

Just now, Warhippy said:

Again, let's draft Vilardi and then trade Horvat because we filled his spot with Vilardi.

Don't freak out, wait to see the return for him first.

We don't fill horvat's spot by drafting Vilardi cause Vilardi is 17 years old and has never played an NHL game. Why don't you use a better comparison?

2 hours ago, khay said:

For sure. Because Drouin is already a top 3 forward, whereas Sergachev being top 2 is anything but sure in my opinion.

Wow, so all it took to get Drouin was Sergachev huh? Good prospect sure and I could be very wrong but I think Yzerman didn't get quite the same value back?

Yea I'm just shocked this got the deal done.

Must be super high on sergachev and wanted to get a top d prospect over a roster player with a salary but still.

Drouin has huge prestige and has already proven performance in AHL and NHL.

im just shocked they didn't at least get a Montreal 1st in the deal.

Now anyone who says Tanev can't get Dylan Strome or a Sam Reinhart im not so sure anymore

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Yea I'm just shocked this got the deal done.

Must be super high on sergachev and wanted to get a top d prospect over a roster player with a salary but still.

Drouin has huge prestige and has already proven performance in AHL and NHL.

im just shocked they didn't at least get a Montreal 1st in the deal.

Now anyone who says Tanev can't get Dylan Strome or a Sam Reinhart im not so sure anymore

Uh oh don't start talking about Tanev actually having value buddy! LOL you'll get rage spam back telling you its nonsense!

2 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

We don't fill horvat's spot by drafting Vilardi cause Vilardi is 17 years old and has never played an NHL game. Why don't you use a better comparison?

Because YOU are stating very clearly that Drouin filled Galchenyuks spot after a meager 2.5 seasons thus making him expendable.  Therefore obviously by that logic if we draft Vilardi in 2.5 years Horvat is totally expendable by your logic

Why don't you understand how hypocritical you sound.

Galchenyuk IS in fact a better 2 way player than Drouin, larger, better in the dot and going to be a better C than Bergevin is going to hope Drouin can be.  Don't forget Julien also said roughly the exact same thing about Seguin pre trade as he did about Galchenyuk post season.

How'd that work out

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Because YOU are stating very clearly that Drouin filled Galchenyuks spot after a meager 2.5 seasons thus making him expendable.  Therefore obviously by that logic if we draft Vilardi in 2.5 years Horvat is totally expendable by your logic

Galchenyuk IS in fact a better 2 way player than Drouin, larger, better in the dot and going to be a better C than Bergevin is going to hope Drouin can be.  Don't forget Julien also said roughly the exact same thing about Seguin pre trade as he did about Galchenyuk post season.

How'd that work out

Galchenyuk has been very disappointing as a center and they aren't even sure what they have in him - is he winger a center?  Etc

Drouin > Gally IMO

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Galchenyuk has been very disappointing as a center and they aren't even sure what they have in him - is he winger a center?  Etc

Drouin > Gally IMO

Again, see Seguin.

At 23 years old writing off or making Galchenyuk expendable based on the picking up of Drouin is shortsighted in the extreme

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How'd that work out

Obviously MTL has other plans... I don't realy know what to tell you. I thought they got hosed in the PK Subban deal. Thoguht it at the time, think it even moreso now.

I think they feel Drouin can be their new no 1 centre, and that they need to turn their focus to another area.... that is all.

You're the one using Horvat as a comparable to Galch to make your argument appear stronger than it is... Horvat is a heart and soul of this team and he would never be traded unless the return was too good to pass up....which is so high I doubt any team would ever pay it.

Maybe Galch has other problems? Seguin was a party animal that Boston couldn't contain. I heard during their last playoff run the Bruins had to post a security guard outside his hotel room so he wouldn't go out and party. Montreal has had similar problems in the past (Kostitsyns). Am I saying this is what happening now? No. But there are other possible explanations of why they feel he is now expendable.

1 hour ago, vancan2233 said:

Yes I'm agreeing with the LOL. The list in terrible and for a hockey fan not to know how high a point producer the follow are: McDonagh, Hedman and OEL. He also does not think of cap hit.

Yea the only way to classify a defensive defensemen is one that doesn't get points... I'm talking about shot blocks, hits, take aways. The fact those guys can get points in addition lead the league in blocked shots, take away shows that Tanev isn't close to being top 5. 

Hell, Dumoulin, Irwin, Ghost had more blocked shots than Tanev 

8 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Drouin > Gally IMO

Hard to say on that one IMHO, I think Drouin has been sheltered in that he's had very talented players to play with and hasn't had to play C on a very offensively deficient team and certainly not 1c at a young age (he's played primarly wing).

Gally to me seems to have been rushed in, now Mtl is having an issue because of the pressure of the city, the role, and he just wasn't ready to be a 1c at 21 years old, what players are? Even Bo with all his maturity isn't ready for full time 2c yet.

I would love to see the Nucks grab him, I see a Seguin 2.0 all over him, with the right coaching, evironment, less pressure, and a bit of time to learn, wow.

Note that Galchenyuk Goldobin and Boucher were a line in junior and VERY dynamic, so there is existing chemistry.

Tanev + Virtanen

for

Galchenyuk, Mtl 1st

Draft at #5 Glass/Middlestadt/Villardi

Mtl Pick - Grab best dman available (Foote hopefully)

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Baer Bo Boeser

Goldobin Galchenyuk Erickson

Gaunce Sutter Dorsett

Boucher

Molino

48 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

My ignorance? Is that personal attack? You seem to be derailing this thread and focusing on trolling

My ignorance in valuation is made me quite wealthy thanks

what are you doing on this site then?

so eager or needy to convince others

and flaunting your self proclaimed status

you are boring and make yourself look small

you clearly assume few have credibility and talent on here

you lack it in my view due to your present behaviour

4 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

Obviously MTL has other plans... I don't realy know what to tell you. I thought they got hosed in the PK Subban deal. Thoguht it at the time, think it even moreso now.

I think they feel Drouin can be their new no 1 centre, and that they need to turn their focus to another area.... that is all.

You're the one using Horvat as a comparable to Galch to make your argument appear stronger than it is... Horvat is a heart and soul of this team and he would never be traded unless the return was too good to pass up....which is so high I doubt any team would ever pay it.

Maybe Galch has other problems? Seguin was a party animal that Boston couldn't contain. I heard during their last playoff run the Bruins had to post a security guard outside his hotel room so he wouldn't go out and party. Montreal has had similar problems in the past (Kostitsyns). Am I saying this is what happening now? No. But there are other possible explanations of why they feel he is now expendable.

We're on a Canucks forum.  I am using canucks players to point out how shortsighted or silly your point of view  is.

Boston made Seguin expendable, Drouin is making Galchenyuk expendable.

At 23 years old.

Just now, Warhippy said:

We're on a Canucks forum.  I am using canucks players to point out how shortsighted or silly your point of view  is.

Boston made Seguin expendable, Drouin is making Galchenyuk expendable.

At 23 years old.

It also helps other readers be more sympathetic to your point....cause they instantly go "NO I WOULD NEVER TRADE BO HORVAT THEREFORE WARHIPPY IS RIGHT"

Boston made Seguin expendable due to his partying ways. Seggy matured. Great.

We don't know why MTL is making Galch expendable. Maybe they wanted to get rid of him for awhile but didn't feel like they could afford it until they found a new no 1 centre...which they did.

You don't know so stop acting like you know everything.

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

what are you doing on this site then?

so eager or needy to convince others

and flaunting your self proclaimed status

you are boring and make yourself look small

you clearly assume few have credibility and talent on here

you lack it in my view due to your present behaviour

My Haiku is good

My Haiku is much better

Your Haiku is not

Writing in odd patterns

Makes me standout from the crowd

It makes me feel good

I will write like this

Forever, even though it is

Completely nonsense

2 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

It also helps other readers be more sympathetic to your point....cause they instantly go "NO I WOULD NEVER TRADE BO HORVAT THEREFORE WARHIPPY IS RIGHT"

Boston made Seguin expendable due to his partying ways. Seggy matured. Great.

We don't know why MTL is making Galch expendable. Maybe they wanted to get rid of him for awhile but didn't feel like they could afford it until they found a new no 1 centre...which they did.

You don't know so stop acting like you know everything.

Says the guy who states that high draft status is a true indicator of future success

2 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Drouins stats this past season were very similar to Horvat. I'm sure Drouin probably has a higher ceiling but why does it seem like he's considered so much better than Horvat? Drouin has shown attitude with his contract hold out, while Horvat is showing himself to be consummate captain material.

Who considers Drouin "so much better" than Horvat? 

Archived