The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Jonathan Drouin, conditional 2018 6th-round pick to Canadiens for Mikhail Sergachev, conditional 2018 2nd-round pick

27 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

if im tampa i leave coburn callahan and garrison unprotected    not sure if callahan has a nmc probably 

Callahan has a NMC and he was not asked to waive.  At the TDL they were trying to trade Coburn and Garrison.

F: Callahan, Stamkos, Kucherov, Palat, Johnson, Killorn, Namestnikov

D: Hedman, Stralman + ?

56 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I wonder if this deal puts some pressure on Toronto to get into the arms race and pick up Tanev? Reiley and Tanev played great together during the 2016 worlds and would be a great top pair for TO.

That's a good point. Trade-war bidding between TO, Dall, Buff, Philly,Rags & TBay, please...

3 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

I knew he was undrafted. I wrote as such in my following comment. If you don't understand the point I was trying to make and want to get nit picky then fine.... I have no problem with people who disagree with me. But if you want to sit on the sideline and snipe insignificant details then I don't know what to tell you.

Nah, I think you forgot Tanev was un-drafted and just don't want to admit it now :P

As for your point, a D-man's potential isn't the only thing he can be judged on. Tanev has consistently been a top 10 fancy stats player for the past couple of years, on a terrible team. That does carry some weight. Maybe not enough to land a Drouin or Hall (lol) on his own but he's more valuable to the right team than you give him credit for.

3 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

I never realized that we can't trade a 26 yr old RD for maybe a 23/24 year old.

Is that in the CBA as impossible?

And if you read what I said about Nylander, I said Toronto wouldn't do it. Wow the lack of reading comprehension here is frightening

Tanev is 27. I expect a team wiling to part with a player in a similar phase of his career. Someone like a Duchene is theoretically possible if the Avs weren't looking to rebuild.

Like I clarified, it was a prediction.

Looks like your own reading comprehension skills are lacking. I never suggested that you thought that Nylander was a possibility. I even tossed in Reinhart's name so you should have figured out that it wasn't a reference to your post. I picked those examples because they have been the names that people frequently toss around in threads related to Tanev..

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

Tanev is 27. I expect a team wiling to part with a player in a similar phase of his career. Someone like a Duchene is theoretically possible if the Avs weren't looking to rebuild.

Like I clarified, it was a prediction.

Looks like your own reading comprehension skills are lacking. I never suggested that you thought that Nylander was a possibility. I even tossed in Reinhart's name so you should have figured out that it wasn't a reference to your post. I picked those examples because they have been the names that people frequently toss around in threads related to Tanev..

It really depends on the stage of the team. If they are 'going for it' giving up a younger player is not out of the realm of possibility if that player is not 'key' to their run now.

While its lower probability it is not impossible at all. Especially if a pick (for instance our 55) was involved. 

I think you have to look at how valued a top 5 defensive RD is in the NHL, that is the most valuable player out there other than a number 1C and a true number 1D

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Last year, before the draft, I was riding my scooter along Granville, and a little birdie landed on my steering wheel.  I asked him who the Canucks should draft at five, and he said (okay tweeted) "Juiolevi".  I asked why not Tkatchuk or another dman, and the birdie tweeted again, "Juiolevi".  Maybe JB got those tweets too? 

Oilers said they were taking Sergachev at #4 had Poolparty not dropped

51 minutes ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Whats your definition of defensive defensemen. Is it different than stay at home defensemen. Defensemen that has all defense and no offense? 

Off the top of my head of players that are better than tanev and doesn't get points

Vlasic

McDonagh

Stralman

Hjalmarsson

Lindholm

Manson

Suter

Larsson

Hedman

Ekman Larsson

Lol

31 minutes ago, Toews said:

I don't see how this trade has anything to do with Tanev. Sergachev and Tanev are two players in completely different phases of their career. Sergachev's value is mostly potential at this point. Tampa is betting that he can be a top pairing defenseman or even a #1 some day. The point is that Tanev and Sergachev could not be more different. This trade does show us what Juolevi might be worth though.

THIS.   Well said.    Juolevi is a far more intriguing player too and I personally would not trade him straight up for Sergachev 10 days out of 10.

We've got three yrs of OJ at ELC terms.

Drouin's exiting that $ nirvana..might even pout for pay.

So the timing wasn't right for us. Had all this been NEXT summer, then perhaps. We can start to deal for more immediate help when our books are cleared. Now's the time to plant seed.

1 minute ago, PassittoBoeser said:

It really depends on the stage of the team. If they are 'going for it' giving up a younger player is not out of the realm of possibility if that player is not 'key' to their run now.

While its lower probability it is not impossible at all. Especially if a pick (for instance our 55) was involved.

I believe in precedents. We know that the asking price for a blue chip D prospect now is a 22 year old highly talented winger. I would bet that Juolevi can fetch a similar caliber of player. I just don't see this trade as any sort of reflection on the value of Tanev.

Just now, Toews said:

I believe in precedents. We know that the asking price for a blue chip D prospect now is a 22 year old highly talented winger. I would bet that Juolevi can fetch a similar caliber of player. I just don't see this trade as any sort of reflection on the value of Tanev.

just ignore him....he is backtracking from his inital point which was that the Larsson and Sergachev trades set the market for Chris Tanev, a player who has basically nothing in common with either of those players, aside from the fact that he is a defenseman.

59 minutes ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Whats your definition of defensive defensemen. Is it different than stay at home defensemen. Defensemen that has all defense and no offense? 

Off the top of my head of players that are better than tanev and doesn't get points

Vlasic

McDonagh

Stralman

Hjalmarsson

Lindholm

Manson

Suter

Larsson

Hedman

Ekman Larsson

Disingenuous. Has to fit within the cap-paradigm. Therefore meaningless to compare Tanev-apples with say, Suter-oranges.

28 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Habs need a dynamic offensive young talent desperately. And he's French Canadian, all the better for them. I agree his attitude is of concern and I would not want to have made the Juolevi deal either, that kid has talent AND character, a much better mix. But I get why Mtl did it.

It's funny how players with "bad attitudes" at 21 turn out to be leaders of teams when they're 24/25. Kind of like they're maturing like normal adults or something.

4 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

just ignore him....he is backtracking from his inital point which was that the Larsson and Sergachev trades set the market for Chris Tanev, a player who has basically nothing in common with either of those players, aside from the fact that he is a defenseman.

Actually I'm not backtracking at all! sorry! 

Nothing in common with Larson? really? errr ok

LOL

Archived