The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Jonathan Drouin, conditional 2018 6th-round pick to Canadiens for Mikhail Sergachev, conditional 2018 2nd-round pick

21 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Yea I'm just shocked this got the deal done.

Must be super high on sergachev and wanted to get a top d prospect over a roster player with a salary but still.

Drouin has huge prestige and has already proven performance in AHL and NHL.

im just shocked they didn't at least get a Montreal 1st in the deal.

Now anyone who says Tanev can't get Dylan Strome or a Sam Reinhart im not so sure anymore

Yeah. I think after the expansion draft, the often proposed Tanev for 3OA straight up is not as farfetched as I originally thought.

Just now, cdubuya said:

LOL.... it is

Who are the best two players in the game? Where did they go in the draft?

Oh

My

God

OK so Now you're using McDavid and Crosby to justify your ridiculous statement as though that is the end all be all in an attempt to drag down Tanevs value because he wasn't drafted, but also to heighten your argument about Larsson.

But completely ignores the fact that Reinhart at 4 1 year later was also picked up by the oilers and is busting.  Forgetting Yakupov of course but hey

McDavid and Crosby at 1st overall in their drafts since they were aged 13 are good indicators of their future success

Go outside, step away from the viewing screen.  Please, for your own good.

3 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

yep, lets get our seguin please!

Tanev and maybe #33

For Galchenyuk and their first (20th so not that big a move) and if we have to throw in 55 do it 

Wouldn't be opposed to this at all but why does Montreal do this?

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh

My

God

OK so Now you're using McDavid and Crosby to justify your ridiculous statement as though that is the end all be all in an attempt to drag down Tanevs value because he wasn't drafted, but also to heighten your argument about Larsson.

But completely ignores the fact that Reinhart at 4 1 year later was also picked up by the oilers and is busting.  Forgetting Yakupov of course but hey

McDavid and Crosby at 1st overall in their drafts since they were aged 13 are good indicators of their future success

I NEVER SAID CHRIS TANEV DOESNT HAVE TRADE VALUE

I NEVER SAID THAT

Let me try that again:

Of course there will be busts in the NHL. I have seen many throughout all sports over the years.

Of course there will be players that go late in drafts or not at all, that go on to become great players.

This goes without saying.

Draft Position is an indicator of potential. Teams spend millions of dollars scouting, cumulating in a draft listing that orders players based on their perceived potential. It will never be perfect, but it is pretty good. $hit happens in life. You used Cam Barker earlier....he had loads of potential but at some point started abusing alchohol....you don't think that limited him? Guys who have potential don't always reach it for one reason or another. Its no coincidence you are seeing all these trades lately that have young players that were former very high picks:

Seth Jones (4)

for Ryan Johansen (4)

Taylor Hall (1)

for Adam Larsson (4)

Drouin (3)

for Sergachev (9)

......etc

Draft Position isn't a prerequisate for having massive potential. But when you are dealing players this young, you are unlikely to see such dramatic fluctuations in potential in such a short period of time. 

Comparing the return of Larsson and Sergachev to Tanev is silly. A large part of those guys' value was their young age and limitless potential. This is my point. Chris Tanev doesn't have that unlimited potential. He is already 27. Teams know what they are getting and will be hesitant to pay a monster premium for an oft injured, no offensive premiere shot supressor. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh

My

God

Buddy, this guy is a troll or not very smart, just leave him be....we was doing the same with me as you saw....trolling or well not very smart

5 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Who considers Drouin "so much better" than Horvat? 

Just based on the comments about him. How he's a bonafide Top 6 and other comments mostly about his offensive pedigree. I don't hear the same things about Horvat from non-Canuck people.

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Wouldn't be opposed to this at all but why does Montreal do this?

Lacking D with experience

Tanev solidifies their back end with a anchor for their second pair

He's at an age where he's coming into his prime and has alot of great years left and on a geat contract

One of the top defensive defensemen in the league

They are in a win now stage with Weber, Price, Pacioretti, Radulov, etc, this isn't a team rebuilding 

Only offers I see better would be someone like Anaheim who may be willing to part with one of their Dmen but they are offensive and perhaps that's a better fit depends on what they need

But Montreal wants to win now, I don't personally understand why they want to move him to begin with

4 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Simply but they do! see how easy it is to just make unsubstantiated statements on the interwebs! lol

I've explained at length why Tanev isn't a fit on a Montreal team who's biggest need is a top 6 centre.  I don't feel the need to go into it again

2 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Lacking D with experience

Tanev solidifies their back end with a anchor for their second pair

He's at an age where he's coming into his prime and has alot of great years left and on a geat contract

One of the top defensive defensemen in the league

They are in a win now stage with Weber, Price, Pacioretti, Radulov, etc, this isn't a team rebuilding 

Only offers I see better would be someone like Anaheim who may be willing to part with one of their Dmen but they are offensive and perhaps that's a better fit depends on what they need

But Montreal wants to win now, I don't personally understand why they want to move him to begin with

WHAT?!@!

Weber, Petry, Emelin,and Most likely Markov. 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

I've explained at length why Tanev isn't a fit on a Montreal team who's biggest need is a top 6 centre.  I don't feel the need to go into it again

But they are trading a top 6 center for another top 6 center? who's going to trade them a center (who is by logic clearly better since he's a real center) for a guy they say can't play center? 

see the conundrum they have?

Just now, PassittoBoeser said:

But they are trading a top 6 center for another top 6 center? who's going to trade them a center (who is by logic clearly better since he's a real center) for a guy they say can't play center? 

see the conundrum they have?

Drouin is a winger, they still need a centre

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

WHAT?!@!

Weber, Petry, Emelin,and Most likely Markov. 

Tanev is MUCH better defensively than Petry, that pushes Petry down to our third paring on the right side which is a GOOD Thing = depth

Markov is 38, he can't play at the level he used to and is at best a PP depth guy now. and he's also a UFA

If nashville and pitts showed anyone anything, having 6 strong dmen is key. Tanev bolster's their right side incredibly

They are young an inexperienced on the left side. You partner him with Beullieu and allow that kid to free wheel

And BTW Markov is a LD anyways.

right side would be 

Weber

Tanev

Petry

Thats very solid

Archived