The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Jonathan Drouin, conditional 2018 6th-round pick to Canadiens for Mikhail Sergachev, conditional 2018 2nd-round pick

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

They don't have to protect Sergachev, so this also garauntees they keep Killorn as well. Another aspect to consider this year in trades. Plus cap space.

Drouin has been a pain in the ass for Yzerman for a good chunk of his young career.  Great talent and potential, but Steve has some excellent found talent and a 1st OA or two on his roster. 

He could afford to loose value on this deal. This gives weight to the value of Hutton Speculation if he is dealt before the ED and thee potential value of Tanev at the draft. 

If Serge and 2nd can get you a Drouin, what is the current market value for a proven NHL defender in Hutton who is exempt?

Tanev and a 2nd could get a high pick especially if a cap dump is coming back. Dallas and Tampa are at a very similar point, Tampa is further ahead.  

Dallas is almost as desperate as the Oilers where for a defender that can keep the shots down.  

Trade Tanev and the 55th for the 3rd and a cap dump and sign Russell for a higher than average price to replace Tanev. In the short term we can eat the extra dollars for a FA (not LE money or term) and improve the prospect pool by leaps and bounds 

other teams that could be in the hunt for Tanev... Edmonton, Buffalo, Toronto. 

JP, Reinhardt and Kapannen.   All players that could be available. We would have to add to get the first two, but Kapannen and the TO first... not my favourite deal, but still worth a look. 

To me, Montreal just solved a huge team need with Drouin. They need scoring and a game breaker... he can be that guy for them. 

We need a guy like that here. 

EmW

4 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

so you actually think Chris Tanev has the same value as Larsson and Sergachev?

Chris Tanev and Larsson are actually quite comparable. Two RD both in same age range 24-27. Larson is more physical, Tanev has better underlying defensive numbers.

I am not going to repeat my point on goalposts, go read my posts and learn something about the game When you have we can chat ok little guy?

Try looking at Tanev's advanced stats vs Larson here son

http://ownthepuck.blogspot.ca/

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Lol

Vlasic

McDonagh

Stralman

Hjalmarsson

Lindholm

Manson

Suter

Larsson

Hedman

Ekman Larsson

So much wrong with this list and the thought process of " Off the top of my head of players that are better than tanev and doesn't get points "

7 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Chris Tanev and Larsson are actually quite comparable. Two RD both in same age range 24-27. Larson is more physical, Tanev has better underlying defensive numbers.

I am not going to repeat my point on goalposts, go read my posts and learn something about the game When you have we can chat ok little guy?

little guy?

I think you care a little bit too much about this whole RD thing.... anyway....

24-27 range? That 3 year age difference is a big deal when it comes to trade value, so don't act like it isn't.

Adam Larsson was drafted 4th overall, Tanev went undrafted. The fact that he went 4th overall and wasn't a complete bust added a significant premium to his value. 

These two factors are the main advantages Larsson has on Tanev.

Chris Tanev has great underlying numbers. He also has a history of injuries and no offensive game to note. He will not be bringing back a Taylor Hall or Jonathan Drouin in a 1 for 1 swap.

4 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Vlasic

McDonagh

Stralman

Hjalmarsson

Lindholm

Manson

Suter

Larsson

Hedman

Ekman Larsson

So much wrong with this list and the thought process of " Off the top of my head of players that are better than tanev and doesn't get points "

Well the names I bolded were all 40+ point guys, with Hedman finishing around the 70 point mark (off the top of my head). Talk about grasping at straws to prove a point. I mean, I'm pretty sure OEL has been Arizona's top point getter more than once.

3 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Larsson is nearly 4 years younger than Tanev. He was traded at the age of 23. He made serious strides after the Devils chose to fire Pete Deboer. Under the tutelage of Scott Stevens Larsson rose to play top pairing for the Devils in the post-Deboer era. He was a young defenseman just coming into his own and still had higher potential. Tanev likely isn't going to be getting any better at age 27. He is what he is at this point. I don't think he has the value that Larsson did last year.

Just now, cdubuya said:

little guy?

I think you care a little bit too much about this whole RD thing.... anyway....

24-27 range? That 3 year age difference makes a big deal to trade value, so don't act like it doesn't

Adam Larsson was drafted 4th overall, Tanev went undrafted. The fact that he went 4th overall and wasn't a complete bust added a significant premium to his value. 

These two factors are the main advantages Larsson has on Tanev.

Chris Tanev has great underlying numbers. He also has a history of injuries, no offensive game to note. He will not be bringing back a Taylor Hall or Jonathan Drouin in a 1 for 1 swap.

So i guess Cody Hodgson has more value than Tanev since he was drafted 10th overall - heard that nonsensical argument before son

What matters is production - as I said go learn something about the game and come back to me when you have. I am not going to engage with people who don't read, can't think and want to argue

FACTS learn to use them = Tanev is a better defensive defenseman than Larson, Larson is more physical and sure 3 years is a difference in age but Tanev is also not OLD and is just coming into his prime. You can argue with a tree, perhaps it will side with your baseless opinions

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

Well the names I bolded were all 40+ point guys, with Hedman finishing around the 70 point mark (off the top of my head). Talk about grasping at straws to prove a point. I mean, I'm pretty sure OEL has been Arizona's top point getter more than once.

Yes I'm agreeing with the LOL. The list in terrible and for a hockey fan not to know how high a point producer the follow are: McDonagh, Hedman and OEL. He also does not think of cap hit.

So i guess Cody Hodgson has more value than Tanev since he was drafted 10th overall - heard that nonsensical argument before son

What matters is production - as I said go learn something about the game and come back to me when you have. I am not going to engage with people who don't read, can't think and want to argue

FACTS learn to use them = Tanev is a better defensive defenseman than Larson, Larson is more physical and sure 3 years is a difference in age but Tanev is also not OLD and is just coming into his prime. You can argue with a tree, perhaps it will side with your baseless opinions

you are so daft.... I never said that draft position is the only determinant. Guys can bust out after 2-3 years. LA Rams just traded a former 2nd overall in 2014 today for a future 6th round pick. This kind of stuff happens all the time. You think I don't notice? 

Henrik Zetterberg in his prime would have fetched a huge return on the open market despite the fact he was a late round pick. An aging Marty St Louis (undrafted) got a massive return for TBL. I have closely followed every draft day and TDL for the last 10-12 years. I have been on these boards since 05.

I don't deny Chris Tanev has trade value. I don't think we should just pawn him off for a low return. I want us to trade him, get younger, and embrace the rebuild.

I just deny the value you (and many other on CDC for that matter) have suggested.

Hero charts determine best defensive defense men? Are you really trying to justify your a black and white statement with grey numbers?

Tanev is not worth Larrson value.  There's more to being a good defense man than shot suppression

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Hero charts determine best defensive defense men? Are you really trying to justify your a black and white statement with grey numbers?

Tanev is not worth Larrson value.  There's more to being a good defense man than shot suppression

that's one stat junior b superstar

give it a rest - seen your posts you think you know everything because you played junior b lol

dude my sister was good enough to play junior b lol

1 minute ago, PassittoBoeser said:

give it a rest - seen your posts you think you know everything because you played junior b lol

Why do you choose to talk like that? 

It's poster like you the deteriorate good discussion and debates with 3rd party/ exterior non-sense that makes you look childish. 

Im all for arguing but there's a right way to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Why do you choose to talk like that? 

It's poster like you the deteriorate good discussion and debates with 3rd party/ exterior non-sense that makes you look childish. 

Im all for arguing but there's a right way to do it. 

Just have read his posts on Makar, he talks down to everybody bc he think's junior B means something? Lol - some of us have played serious hockey we don't wave it around like a flag to gain credibility - and junior b is not 'credibility' -it's basically "A" level beer league for 18 year olds

One's comments are valid on their facts and support, not "I am right because you know I know better than you since I played junior B" -that's nonsense.

6 minutes ago, PassittoBoeser said:

resorting to personal attacks now are we...

I have never seen any of said posts (and have seen lots of his posts), but if what you say is true, junior B is a higher level than 95%+ of the posters on this board have played.

Archived