The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Shiftynifty said:

Kid is really good, highest offensive ceiling in this draft (in my unprofessional opinion). Can't believe the amount of people trashing this pick.

The real question is, will he be better than Glass, and know one knows right now, but I'm pretty confident saying Glass will be playing in the NHL long before Petterson.

I'm amazed by some of you misconstruing the entertainment value of this. The draft is never all that exciting. I suppose if you use 14' as the reference point, of Benning wheeling and dealing, then you're always going to be disappointed.

That said, Pettersson has some pretty outstanding upside. His Allsvenkan numbers put him in the conversation with Filip Forsberg. I like too that he has chemistry with Dahlen. We'll have to wait, as I assume he won't even attend camp next season. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Rocksterh8 said:

The real question is, will he be better than Glass, and know one knows right now, but I'm pretty confident saying Glass will be playing in the NHL long before Petterson.

Glass will be a good two-way guy. I watched a lot of his highlights and I just can't see the 'dynamics' Benning was looking for. 

Given our rebuilding timeline, I think Pettersson has atleast 3 years to develop in the SHL/AHL before playing.

14 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Very Vanilla Draft so far by Benning. yawn

Actually, he took a pretty big risk with Pettersson. Glass and Vilardi were always the "safe" choices, while Pettersson is more of a "boom or bust" type prospect.

Hardly what I'd call "vanilla".

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ice orca said:

Just about every player is elite according to McGuire on draft day.

I REEEEEALLY miss McGuire on draft day.  Dude knows his stuff.  He gets a little excited,  but he made the draft fun to watch, while adding a ton of knowledge.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I REEEEEALLY miss McGuire on draft day.  Dude knows his stuff.  He gets a little excited,  but he made the draft fun to watch, while adding a ton of knowledge.

He's more exciting, he loves every pick and player

27 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Very Vanilla Draft so far by Benning. yawn

Are you kidding with this.  Most teams had one pick in round one. Canucks took a chance on what may be the most talented guy. How is that vanilla

• Upvote 1