The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, terrible.dee said:

This guy was a 10-15 pick

Why did we spend #5 on him??

Is every single scouting service who has proved Bening wrong in the past with his flight of fancy first rounders, wrong .......yet again??

THIS time Bening knew better than they did?

We may have gotten a good player, but we didn't get the BEST PLAYER POSSIBLE, and this guy is reallly really skinny......another, "Oh, wait till he...." pick?

Why can't we pick the guys EVERYONE says are better, and physically prepared to play in the league that THIS team plays in.

Benning is not a smart man, I've watched it for years now, he should be filling scouting reports from remote arenas for a real GM to read, 

This guy cannot do the simplest things right, and I'm sooooo sick of it

Petterson may be good, just like Joulevi might be good....but they aren't the BEST AVAILLABLE, I feel like Benning wants to make these of the board picks to "Get his scout on" not to stock this team with the best players possible.

A general manager should not say while looking into a camera "We don't got no defensemen" An executive who can't even structure a sentence can't be expected to make sound decisions, being an assistant GM doesn't mean all that much, many GM's keep thier "Road dogs" around, to help them deal with the job (Nonis)  it does not mean they are qualified GM's

Benning is in way over his head, has been for years, and I don't understand why Trev (Who does not lack intelligence) supports it.

Again, might well be a good player, but wasn't our best shot at success.....what else is there to say, that hasn't already been said,

This has been such a weird 4 years......like a mixture of Keenan and Nonis.......I don't know, whatever.....It's not my team, maybe Aqua needs to lose money through the team to qualify for other tax shelters......whatever......it's so lame now, it's not even worth being ruffled over.

Some lists had him top 10 man, saw as high as 5

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Dahlen - Petterson - Virtanen

Goldobin - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Gaudette - 

Not saying Virtanen is a first line player by himself but more that Petterson and Dahlen are the type of skilled players that allows Virtanen to play on the first line and be effective. Like the Sedins brought out the best in Carter and Burrows.

I thought we would pick Glass or Makar but with Makar gone, I was thinking that it would be Glass. Initially slightly shocked but I understand the pick. Dahlen-Petterson gives us 2/3 of a line and he brings more of elite level skill than Glass. And with heavy center in Horvat, I think getting the elite skill player makes sense. 

• Upvote 2

Solid choice, once again gotta remember some teams might not be willing to give good value to move up. It's not good to make a trade for the sake of it. 

That being said, welcome to Vancouver Elias! Good luck and we'll be rooting for you!

8 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Looks like the kid needs some of Jake's summer '16 diet.

Super skinny, but crazy skilled.. shoot for the moon, Elias, we need you to be great!

Hopefully the twins can combine their powers into one and transfer it to the new Swedekin. Go Canucks!

If anyone can show Pettersson and Dahlen the ropes, it's the Sedins. The twins were always those guys that people call soft, but in reality, they haven't been for a long time. They take a beating out there and still make sick plays. Sure, they don't go making hits themselves, but they take a ton of hits, slashes, etc and still keep the puck.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, cyoung said:

Some lists had him top 10 man, saw as high as 5

That list was ONLY FOR EUROPEAN SKATERS

He was the #5 EURO SKATER, not including North Americans

#10 sure 

#5? 

Whatever, we've done this too many times before......let Benning play at whatever he's playing at, I don't have to watch it, at least he will be enjoying the Canucks

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, khay said:

Not saying Virtanen is a first line player by himself but more that Petterson and Dahlen are the type of skilled players that allows Virtanen to play on the first line and be effective. Like the Sedins brought out the best in Carter and Burrows.

I thought we would pick Glass or Makar but with Makar gone, I was thinking that it would be Glass. Initially slightly shocked but I understand the pick. Dahlen-Petterson gives us 2/3 of a line and he brings more of elite level skill than Glass. And with heavy center in Horvat, I think getting the elite skill player makes sense. 

You don't pick some guy with #5 because some other guy who may never even make the league is on the same team as him.....you don't say "Hmm, this guy is better, but these two have played together.....yeah, let's draft him" That is the thought process of an idiot.

A skilled pro, will make things work, he doesn't need his Jr. Hockey line-mates there to hold his hand.

If this was his reasoning, our GM is not a smart man.

• Haha 2