The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

His size will be a concern to people until it isn't. We'll start finding that out one way or another next fall.

That said, by most accounts, despite his smaller (thinner) size, EP's apparently, actually quite strong. 'Wiry-strong' with good core strength is the general consensus. It's why he's been able to be successful in a top men's league at his age/size (and obviously his skill/ability).  And he has another off season to improve on that as well. 

He certainly won't be the first skinny/smaller kid to prove he belongs in today's NHL if he does make it.

FWIW, I'm not inking him in any potential line ups yet. Light pencil at most :lol: I think he'll be in a battle with Goldobin, Dahlen (maybe this year's 1st) etc for a skilled W'er spot on the club. I do think he'll have a VERY good chance of earning it though.

It's posts like these that have me second guessing a bit and writing both Pettersson and Gaudette into next years lineup right alongside Dahlin.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don't think anyone's saying he should be handed a spot regardless of how he plays. If he clearly struggles transferring to the N.A. game when he gets here, is easily pushed around and outmatched etc, he won't be on the Canucks.

But if his season is any indication, we may just have an elite prospect on our hands here who's broken/set to break generations old scoring records, in a VERY good men's league, at 18/19 years old and despite his slighter build. He may just be too damn talented to play anywhere else.

That's the word...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I know Linden has already stated that Pettersson would play in NA next season, but despite his insane talent level you can count me in the category of fans that feel he should play another year in Europe or Utica before joining the Canucks, unless he absolutely shines at camp in September. 

What do people who have watched him play a few dozen games this year say about that? 

Utica is in NA, so he's either good enough to crack the NHL roster or he's going to Utica if Linden is saying he's coming to NA. He would/should be one of the first call ups if he does end up in Utica.

Just checking out the stats of Kent Nilsson...... wow!

Stanley Cup with the Oilers, most points in a season by a Swede and Flame at 131 pts, most assists by a Flame in a season at 82.... a player who Wayne Gretzky said was the most skilled he has ever played with.  

Random information.... he's the father of former NHLer and 2003 1st round draft pick of the Islanders, Robert Nilsson.  Robert happens to be married to Nikolai Khaibulin's daughter.  

Anyways.... if EP can be as successful as Kent Nilsson.... it'll be as if the Canucks found a Henrik Sedin/Markus Naslund hybrid! :o

• Cheers 3

58 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Would a "kid" line work? Young GOAT...

Leipsic - Bo - Boeser

EP - Gaudette - Virtanen

Baer/Gran - Sutter - Loui

virtanen n pettersson on same line would be nice. Virtanen needs to finish plays, he  has had countless chances in.last few games

40 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Seriously, I thought giraffe even before I read your post under the picture. The guy could peak around corners like water from The Abyss.

Head and shoulders better than the competition.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Elias “the giraffe” pettersson that neck is a record of its own 

Elias walks into a bar and sits down on a bar stool.

Bartender says "Longneck"?

Elias says "What did you call me"?

Bartender says " Do you want a Budweiser Longneck"?

Image result for bud longneck

• Cheers 1