The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, Isam said:

Just to correct myself. Second u20 player to win the shl scoring title. First was Mr magic apparently.

Actually Nilsson didnt win the scoring(oficially atlas)  was at the same points as Ericsson but less goals put him second

Screenshot_20180310-193342.png

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Actually Nilsson didnt win the scoring(oficially atlas)  was at the same points as Ericsson but less goals put him second

Screenshot_20180310-193342.png

Good post forza. I stand corrected back to my original stance.

• Cheers 1

With Pettersson and Boeser, is it getting greedy to draft another high-octane forward? I don't want us to pull an Edmonton and be too thin on the blueline. But maybe we could trade away the older guys (Baertschi, Granlund, etc for some serviceable d-men

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I don’t think so. We have some nice forward prospects but we’re not nearly deep enough at every position to pass up on the BPA. Obviously we need to pick some Ds in this draft, but not necessarily with our first pick, depending on where we fall and who’s available.

which D not named Dahlin would you take over Zadina or Svechnikov? For me, I think Gaudette makes Brady Tkachuk passable on given how much we need a 1D. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Zoolander said:

With Pettersson and Boeser, is it getting greedy to draft another high-octane forward? I don't want us to pull an Edmonton and be too thin on the blueline. But maybe we could trade away the older guys (Baertschi, Granlund, etc for some serviceable d-men

I believe we'll go BPA with our 1st round pick but BPA will be determined by our draft position. If we get the #1 overall pick, we'll have Dahlin which will set up our defense for years to come. If we fall in the 2-4 range, I suspect we'll get a forward. And if we land at the 5-6 range, I won't be shocked if we get a defenseman and that defenseman will likely be Evan Bouchard or maybe Adam Boqvist.

And like you said, I won't be surprised if either Baertschi or Granlund is shuffled out for some d-men prospects or picks. Could see Baertschi moved for like a 3rd and a 6th.

Edited by Quantum
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Zoolander said:

I really hope we can get Dahlin or Svechnikov. Dahlin and Pettersson on the PP would be out of this world but if we can draft Svechnikov, his blend of size, speed, skill, strength coupled with Pettersson's skill would be an unstoppable line. Throw in Boeser as well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

which D not named Dahlin would you take over Zadina or Svechnikov? For me, I think Gaudette makes Brady Tkachuck passable on given how much we need a 1D. 

Personally I wouldn’t take a D (other than Dahlin) ahead of either Zadina or Svechnikov. 

That said, if our scouts had either Boqvist or Hughes that high, I could easily get behind the idea given that those guys have pretty high upside (albeit with some risk) and are coming out of leagues/regions where our scouting has been very strong.

Not a call that I’d be comfortable making myself, but I’d trust the scouts if they determined one of those Ds to be the BPA.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Personally I wouldn’t take a D (other than Dahlin) ahead of either Zadina or Svechnikov. 

That said, if our scouts had either Boqvist or Hughes that high, I could easily get behind the idea given that those guys have pretty high upside (albeit with some risk) and are coming out of leagues/regions where our scouting has been very strong.

Not a call that I’d be comfortable making myself, but I’d trust the scouts if they determined one of those Ds to be the BPA.

I'd have to agree. I really wouldn't want to pass on Zadina or Svechnikov. I get the feeling we're taking a D almost no matter what though which isn't necessarily  a bad thing. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

which D not named Dahlin would you take over Zadina or Svechnikov? For me, I think Gaudette makes Brady Tkachuk passable on given how much we need a 1D.

If JB is really set on a dman, if we land 2 or 3 no doubt he will field offers to move down to 4 or 5, and still get the guy he wants.  With there being a distinct top-3, there would be a very nice return.  If not, he has to take the forward.

• Upvote 2