The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, tas said:

there's been nothing tangible that he's said or done to make me think he has bad intentions, it's just a nervous gut feeling. I feel sometimes like he WANTS to be a leader more than he IS a leader, much the same way that he WANTS to be a responsible two way player more than he IS a responsible two way player. 

I think there's some smoke there

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Post some evidence. Have not heard this at all. I hope you are not trying to stir up some drama.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyler Motte, the one <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Canuck?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Canuck</a> other than Elias Pettersson who was forcing his way on to the team, looks injured after blocking Gudbranson shot in practice. On bench a while, now back on ice but limping.</p>&mdash; Iain MacIntyre (@imacSportsnet) <a href="https://twitter.com/imacSportsnet/status/1045390626785611777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 27, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://twitter.com/imacSportsnet/status/1045390626785611777?s=20

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If you actually take the time to read something before you post you would realize that it was Motte that was being referred to and not Pettersson.

Yeah really. I mean, the sentence starts with “Tyler Motte”. My heart can’t handle this kind of shoddy reporting. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I think goldy has potential to be second line caliber as well he shows more and more every year so far 

I think Goldy has potential to be first line caliber - he also has the potential to bust out to the khl if he can’t figure out how to consistently play at full intensity. Here’s hoping Green can get through to him shortly.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Elias : Nice pre season so far:

How many twitter highlights does Elias have? Its seems endless, Its hard to find any game where he doesn't do something spectacular. and hasn't seemed to miss a beat even as we get closer to NHL caliber teams. Could see him even getting better. Usually when players are small it isn't their size that prevents them from succeeding in the NHL. It's the way they shy away from the play and stay away from tough areas (Jim Sanlack cough cough). Elias has already shown that will not be a problem at all. He is conditioned very well and uses his energy when needed. A very shifty, speedy and at times slows the pace down center ice man. Coming into the regular season some have felt Elias has been the best player on the entire team, some will insert Bo Horvat, in the sentence. Hard not to get excited about a rookie who can (in a heartbeat) find the open man or send the perfect pass or back check and take a scoring chance away (in the process blow by other Canuck back checkers). (ie Video above ,Calgary game).  Doesn't play a style of game that would put him in harms way. Yet uses his frame to make separation of player and puck ie: Dan Hamhuis!  

Elias Pettersson completed his first season in Sweden's top SHL league with Vaxjo HC, recording 56 points (24-32-56) in 44 games played. He led his team in assists (32), points (56), plus/minus (+27), and tied for the lead in goals (24) as a rookie. His 56 points set an all-time record for most points by an SHL rookie and he was subsequently named SHL Most Valuable Player, Forward of the Year and Rookie of the Year. He added 19 points (10-9-19) in 13 games played in the playoffs, helping his team win the Championship where he was named SHL Playoff MVP.

Edited by cory40

1 minute ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Pettersson decided to be selfish and take over the game near the end today, and we look soooo much better. 

Pretty sad reflection of the rest of the group when a 19 yr. old rookie has to carry the rest of the team on his back! The Canucks as a group are playing like a bunch of losers. No determination, no out-muscling the opposing player, virtually no hitting .... I could go on and on. Very frustrating as a fan seeing this lackluster effort game after game.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, rekker said:

He is impressive. He plays like he has eyes in the back of his head. Compete level is very high. Dangles, speed when needed. Kid is a beauty. 

Another thing that amazes me about the kid is how well he protects the puck, even when he's been knocked on his ass, which is admittedly quite often. Point is, even when he's on his ass he's still protecting the puck and trying to make a play, and he often pulls it off. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Another thing that amazes me about the kid is how well he protects the puck, even when he's been knocked on his ass, which is admittedly quite often. Point is, even when he's on his ass he's still protecting the puck and trying to make a play, and he often pulls it off. 

The way he gets up and isnt fazed is Gumby like. Lol.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1