The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

This kid gets paid $90,000 per hockey game.

Yet he looks skinny and extremely weak, constantly falling down.

He is pathetic so far this year. 

If this kid doesn't get his s&^t together this team takes another step back. How many steps back do they have to take before HUGE CHANGES happen?

Edited by Canuck Luck

1 hour ago, Canuck Luck said:

This kid gets paid $90,000 per hockey game.

Yet he looks skinny and extremely weak, constantly falling down.

He is pathetic so far this year. 

If this kid doesn't get his s&^t together this team takes another step back. How many steps back do they have to take before HUGE CHANGES happen?

Hughes is tiny, and so is Garland. They are not as physically slow and frail as Pettersson. What does this tell you about Pettersson’s commitment and professionalism during the summer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddogy said:

Hughes is tiny, and so is Garland. They are not as physically slow and frail as Pettersson. What does this tell you about Pettersson’s commitment and professionalism during the summer?

I'm actually getting sick of watching pettersson fall down and give pucks away. It is the GMs fault for giving out WAY TOO MUCH money to young guys that have proven very little. This kid looks like s&^t so far this year....pathetic.

9 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

time too trade him, I'm serious 

Petey for Rasmus Dahlen?

Petey + Hamonic for severson and hirschier?

Petey + 2023 1st for Jonathan Toews + 2022 1st?

Truly a terrible terrible idea. Petterson had more points in both of his good years than both 10 million dollar Sedins did in their last 3 seasons. 

The only thing we'd get for him is someone else's struggling prospect. 

I remember years ago ,listening to an interview with a strength and conditioning coach that Ryan Kesler was seeing. The guys business was called Karp or something. 

This was well before Kesler became elite. It was in his tweener years. The coach said they were specifically training Kesler to be better at protecting the puck. I kinda laughed and thought it was cute. Yeah Kesler is gonna train his way into an elite player.

Yet it worked. And Kesler improved and improved into the player we all know. That , is who Elias Petterson has to see. Right now. 

Edit: This is Karp.

http://www.karpfitness.com/high-performance-athlete-training/

With over 20 years of experience and working with thousands of athletes including stars such as Kyle Turris, Ryan KeslerKevin Bieksaand Ryan Johansen,  Karp Fitness has a proven track-record of success. 

Send Boeser and Hughs in too.

Edited by MaxVerstappen33
  • Cheers 1

This won't fix Pettersson's penchant for falling so far this season, but I would be curious to see the Canucks play Pettersson on wing, as in actually leave C defensive responsibilities out of his scope of on-ice responsibilities.  He can be moved back to C in the future, but right now he's really struggling and part of it may be positional.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I remember years ago ,listening to an interview with a strength and conditioning coach that Ryan Kesler was seeing. The guys business was called Karp or something. 

This was well before Kesler became elite. It was in his tweener years. The coach said they were specifically training Kesler to be better at protecting the puck. I kinda laughed and thought it was cute. Yeah Kesler is gonna train his way into an elite player.

Yet it worked. And Kesler improved and improved into the player we all know. That , is who Elias Petterson has to see. Right now. 

Edit: This is Karp.

http://www.karpfitness.com/high-performance-athlete-training/

With over 20 years of experience and working with thousands of athletes including stars such as Kyle Turris, Ryan KeslerKevin Bieksaand Ryan Johansen,  Karp Fitness has a proven track-record of success. 

Send Boeser and Hughs in too.

Thanks for posting the link Karp!

On 11/11/2021 at 10:08 PM, Canucks Curse said:

time too trade him, I'm serious 

Petey for Rasmus Dahlen?

Petey + Hamonic for severson and hirschier?

Petey + 2023 1st for Jonathan Toews + 2022 1st?

I would go for any of those deals.  Unfortunately, the Canucks will wait until he gets injured and then he is worth zero.  

Remember when Petey held out during camp, saying he wanted to play on a winning team?  Maybe he has no clue that he's relied on to be our star. He sure doesn't play like one. 

Petey signed a 3 year contract so he could assess the Canucks and decide if this is where he wants to continue play after that ends. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.  The Canucks can more likely assess him and decide is he is a part of the future or if he should be traded at some point. 

Lots of angry posts on this forum lately. 

Petey will turn it around. 

The sky is not falling. 

I am expecting a BIG game out of him tonight. After what happened in COL, everyone on this squad should be chomping at the bit to redeem themselves!

• Huggy Bear 1

Does anyone know why Petey replaced his stick this offseason? Is it because the doctors think the stick played a role in his wrist injury? That third goal the Canucks surrendered to the Avs is one of many instances this season where his normally hyper-reliable stickhandling has failed him. I also think his poor shooting percentage has a lot to do with the stick.

• Cheers 1

Is Pettersson going to turn this around or is he Yashin 2.0?

That is a question that will have huge ramifications for the Canucks going forward.

Does anyone know what is going on with him to make him so below his first 2 years performance 15 games into this season?

12 hours ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Does anyone know why Petey replaced his stick this offseason? Is it because the doctors think the stick played a role in his wrist injury? That third goal the Canucks surrendered to the Avs is one of many instances this season where his normally hyper-reliable stickhandling has failed him. I also think his poor shooting percentage has a lot to do with the stick.

Yeah he changed sticks, he went from a CCM to a newer brand called Excuses

• Haha 1