The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, pluralsight said:

Obviously it's still early and these stats may never translate at the NHL level but Benning has absolutely proven me wrong on this one. I was fully on board the Cody Glass bandwagon.

The players he is passing their stats translated. So expect more from Elias.

10 hours ago, mll said:

Babcock is often asked why Hyman with Matthews.  He says because he gets him the puck and good players want the puck.  He says Datsyuk always told him to put him with a guy that will get him the puck and not a 3rd guy who wants the puck too.  

I would rather have Adam Boqvist. A dynamic high IQ puck mover who will pass the puck nicely to Pettersson and Boeser on the power play. 

PP unit #1                                                   PP unit #2 

Horvat                                                       Gadjovich 

Boesser                        Lind                       Dahlin                                  Pettersson 

Juolevi                Stetcher                            Gaudette                   Boqvist

9 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Look at the names on that list.  When you see the company that Pettersson is keeping it makes you realize how good he could become. 

As any metric outside of actual NHL scoring, Pettersson is an incredible pick and prospect.  

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Great list, but, as a 'nuck fan who has suffered unrequited hopes and expectations, I don't like to place too many new hopes on Pettersson. Sort of a 'don't tempt Murphy' situation. Murphy doesn't seem to care for the mighty Canucks.

The list is a reminder that in the 1999 draft, Daniel was rated higher than Henrik. Iirc, #33 was rated as low as #10. It is also a reminder of what a great job Brian Burke did to unite the twins. It'll probably be his 'legacy' moment. I wonder what the twins would have done if drafted by different teams.

11 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

If possible I would like to see us go after a younger tough guy like Tom Wilson from Washington or Michael Ferland from Calgary. If not then hopefully Yan-Paval Laplante can help hold people accountable. 

Wilson's only 2 years younger than Gudbranson, and Calgary is using Ferland on their first line.  Gudbranson will also not cost any assets to acquire.

13 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I would rather have Adam Boqvist. A dynamic high IQ puck mover who will pass the puck nicely to Pettersson and Boeser on the power play. 

PP unit #1                                                   PP unit #2 

Horvat                                                       Gadjovich 

Boesser                        Lind                       Dahlin                                  Pettersson 

Juolevi                Stetcher                            Gaudette                   Boqvist

I think you mean Dahlen unless we're getting a second top 5 pick to go with winning the lottery this year.

18 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

If possible I would like to see us go after a younger tough guy like Tom Wilson from Washington or Michael Ferland from Calgary. If not then hopefully Yan-Paval Laplante can help hold people accountable. 

Why would we acquire Bieksa's punching bag from Calgary.

10 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Why would we acquire Bieksa's punching bag from Calgary.

You’d have to be crazy not to! Physically beats on other teams and he has enough skill to slot in Calgary’s top 6. He has 30 points in 49 games. He’s a hate to play against him but sure would love him on my team kinda guy! Do you not remember the fits he gave us in the playoffs.

16 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Great list, but, as a 'nuck fan who has suffered unrequited hopes and expectations, I don't like to place too many new hopes on Pettersson. Sort of a 'don't tempt Murphy' situation. Murphy doesn't seem to care for the mighty Canucks.

The list is a reminder that in the 1999 draft, Daniel was rated higher than Henrik. Iirc, #33 was rated as low as #10. It is also a reminder of what a great job Brian Burke did to unite the twins. It'll probably be his 'legacy' moment. I wonder what the twins would have done if drafted by different teams.

Yeh what a bust Daniel was.

Good news is just that. 

Petterrsson was underrated in his draft year and teams will regret not taking him. 

Not something that a nucks fan gets to say too often.

first Brock and Gaudette, OJ will get there and now Petterrsson and Lind. 

Looks like JB is finding his players and whatever the new approach to scouting is in Vancouver, more please. 

EP is proving his talent at the highest level he can play currently. What more

can you ask of a prospect. 

• Upvote 2