The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Lol Wut?   

They were so predictable that they stagnated our offence?    Really?

105 points between the two of them in their retirement season. 

What the hell are you talking about stagnating? 

They didn’t slow down their own line offence, let alone the teams. 

People have no idea how much we are gonna be missing those two next year.  

We just lost a solid second line. 

Hahaha.  Geeeez

I disagree.  

The twins have struggled in the past few as teams figured out how to play them. 

That is not a knock against them. I had wanted to see them split up 5v5 since Hanks Art Ross year. The Player Hank became when he played without Daniel was amazing and it was the best hockey of his career. 

Then Daniel was so motivated that he had to match his bothers season the following year, playing his best hockey. 

Then it was never ever tried again, even as it became apparent that teams had a ‘book’ on how to play the twins. 

Age, injuries and a team in transition also had huge impacts. To me the single biggest ‘missed’ opportunity was to split the twins up for 5v5 and allow them to each carry a line. Motivate them by playing their natural competition against each other. Team Hank vs Team Dank. 

I felt that by having to players with the same the weaknesses to their game also made it easier fir teams to score against them in the latter years. 

The last bit, the twins were predictable, but were so good that they could still put up points each year. That is pure ability. But every time they set up in the O zone, tell me Dummer, did you ever once think Hank was going to shoot rather than pass?  

They gave the team and its fans some amazing years.  I am going to miss them and they deserve to be in the HHOF.

But a small part of that will be a regret to me that I never got to see Hank play again like he did with Burrows and Hansen on his wings. He was a man on fire.  

By far the best single season I have ever witnessed by a Canuck. I thought it could have been lightning in a bottle. Disagree, or not that is how I see it. 

EmW

Edited by Eastcoast meets Westcoast
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Just saw this; so apparently Pettersson rides a unicycle and juggles before games to warm up:

unicycle.png

I guess it makes sense when you see all the circus dangles on the ice :lol:

@ForzaTikare have you heard anything about this?

Word from Swedish fans is he is part of a traveling European gypsy circus in the off season. He can also levitate!! 

#plantheparade 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Just saw this; so apparently Pettersson rides a unicycle and juggles before games to warm up:

unicycle.png

Instead of kicking a soccer ball around pre-game, all Canucks will be riding around in unicycles and juggling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Obviously they aren’t what they used to be, and yeah it would have been great to see some different line ups.  

None of that means they have been bringing down the Canucks offence. 

They were again our top scorers (almost Hank). That isn’t being stagnant, and certainly wasn’t hurting our team.  

Sure teams knew how they played, but still couldn’t shut them down.   

Our problem is our top line isn’t a real top line (yet).  And now we don’t have a second line.  

The only Sedin problem we have, is they are now gone and we aren’t ready for it. 

Ready for what?  Which team easily transitions it’s entire make up when it’s long time Stars retire?  From Mario to Sid?  The team almost left, Edmonton has yet to recover from losing Pronger.  

Montreal post Roy, Colorado post Salic and Roy, LA post Gretzky, mess until 2012, Tampa sucked so bad post St Louis, They got two 1st OA picks.

New Jersey post Broudreau 

Etc...

The Twins have retired and they deserve the respect and accolades for such long and successful careers on the Canucks. But that opens up a lot of opportunities to improve this team for next year. 

What I see is a team that has had solid work done to move forward after the Sedins. 

Had Brock and Bo not been injured they would have been by far our best players, and scoring leaders. 

Baer’s numbers were down due to injuries. 

We will have 14 million in freed up cap space,  This team spends to the cap every season. There are really good FA’s pending this year. We have really good prospects and excellent prospect depth at forward. Hopefully we add to the defence this draft. 

There are some very high profile FA’s this year that can more than fill in the points gap and minutes that the twins occupied.  Are we going to find replacements for the 2008-2012 versions of the twins, no, but the 2013 on guys are going to available for 14 m.  

3 hours ago, samurai said:

3 hours ago, samurai said:

This also very good. 

I can't get enough of these lol. This kid is do gold. Probably the best prospect we got.  His potential ceiling is higher then any other player in our system or our NHL club.  Boeser is freaking amazing. I can only envision what those 2 and Dahlen would look like as a trio.

Dahlen - Pettersson - Boeser

That line in 5 years could haunt opposing defenders dreams lol.  Dahlen super clutch too. Reminds me of burrows and his clutchness.  Its way to soon to draw conclusions some of these guy may not be what we imagine but the sky appears to be the limit for this kid.

14 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

unicycle.png

That...

Is....

Outstanding! :shock::lol::towel:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

unicycle.png

Jesus Christ, does this kid perform heart surgery during off days as well?  That's impressive.

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Jesus Christ, does this kid perform heart surgery during off days as well?  That's impressive.

Performs heart surgery, while juggling on a unicycle!!!

Hear he's also working on a trick to turn water into wine, but have also heard that there's a few month fermentation process involved in that one :)