The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

They may end up being all capable of being 1st line center's...Bo already is and is still going to get better for a few years yet...we may have the best set of center's in the league in a couple years....

Check that....We will have the best set of center's in the league within 3 years...!

Pettersson is an amazing talent.  I see no reason why he couldn’t be (right now) a top offensive center, because we have Bo and Sutter to take the harder Dzone matchups.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Pettersson is an amazing talent.  I see no reason why he couldn’t be (right now) a top offensive center, because we have Bo and Sutter to take the harder Dzone matchups.  

I don't think it matters too much where he plays this year...if he was a center all year he would not be with Horvat or (probalbly Boeser) so he may end up with say 20 goals and 30-40 assists...if he plays with Bo and Boeser he gets 30 goals and 40 assists....and that is a minimum people....!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I don't think it matters too much where he plays this year...if he was a center all year he would not be with Horvat or (probalbly Boeser) so he may end up with say 20 goals and 30-40 assists...if he plays with Bo and Boeser he gets 30 goals and 40 assists....and that is a minimum people....!

I have felt he is a player capable of 70 plus points in his first year. He will get points on the power play where other players couldn't. He will make space for Boeser when players should be keying up on Boeser and he will get chances when teams take Boeser's space away.

• Upvote 4

Pettersson's best line when pressed about his weight and how it's an issue for many and not him: "I'm trying to bulk up to 200 pounds. I'm just kidding. I don't even know what my weight is today — I think it's around 177." #Canucks

I feel like if he's up to 177 at the end of the season that it won't be unreasonable at all for him to get to camp at about 185.

29 minutes ago, zduck14 said:

Pettersson's best line when pressed about his weight and how it's an issue for many and not him: "I'm trying to bulk up to 200 pounds. I'm just kidding. I don't even know what my weight is today — I think it's around 177." #Canucks

I feel like if he's up to 177 at the end of the season that it won't be unreasonable at all for him to get to camp at about 185.

It has already been corrected a few times that Elias did not say 177.  He said 77, as in kg. That is 169.5 pounds.

• Upvote 1

Hearing JB say he only wanted Pettersson to put on muscle and doesn't think his weight is an issue was encouraging for me.

I had been a bit concerned about his weight. Given his height, you just want him to be 200lbs though, right?

Lots of super skilled, smart, slippery players. 

Looking forward to seeing this thread moved to "Current Roster"

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

It has already been corrected a few times that Elias did not say 177.  He said 77, as in kg. That is 169.5 pounds.

Elias said 177 he was not talking in Kg. They were talking his weight in lbs before that and he said 177. Hockey as a rule uses lbs . If he had said it in KG's he wouldn't have said he was aiming for 200 lbs. Or that 200 in kg's would be lol. So to correct it for good Elias said 177 and he was aiming for 200. He would not have said I am 77 kg's aiming for 200 lbs. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

too small for the circle and handling big centers defensively....they will start him on the wing imho.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Hearing JB say he only wanted Pettersson to put on muscle and doesn't think his weight is an issue was encouraging for me.

I had been a bit concerned about his weight. Given his height, you just want him to be 200lbs though, right?

Lots of super skilled, smart, slippery players. 

Looking forward to seeing this thread moved to "Current Roster"

if he tops out at 190 he's good....he's elusive, doesn't need to be 200lbs and with his frame I'd be surprised if he can get there. He will always we tall and lanky. But as long has his core and legs are strong as ox! he's good

• Cheers 2

With two experienced winger Petterrson should have no problem to play at Center.

Granlund - Pettersson - Eriksson

or with more offensive power:

Eriksson - Pettersson - Vanek

That's just a great scoring second line, don't you think?

Edited by the harry

3 hours ago, cory40 said:

Elias said 177 he was not talking in Kg. They were talking his weight in lbs before that and he said 177. Hockey as a rule uses lbs . If he had said it in KG's he wouldn't have said he was aiming for 200 lbs. Or that 200 in kg's would be lol. So to correct it for good Elias said 177 and he was aiming for 200. He would not have said I am 77 kg's aiming for 200 lbs. 

Sorry Cory, but I think it was more a hint of sarcasm towards all the talk about him bulking up in the Canadian press and amongst the fans.

A Scandinavian would never speak about his weight measurement in lbs, until he has lived in a country that uses lbs.

He was speaking about he last weight measurements before the WC, and clearly said 77... I am sure he was speaking about kgs.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

I have a feeling that Jaromir Jagr might be the only 5th OA that will be better than EP when his career is over.

Or maybe Jagr might be the 5th OA, who's closest to Elias :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Sorry Cory, but I think it was more a hint of sarcasm towards all the talk about him bulking up in the Canadian press and amongst the fans.

A Scandinavian would never speak about his weight measurement in lbs, until he has lived in a country that uses lbs.

He was speaking about he last weight measurements before the WC, and clearly said 77... I am sure he was speaking about kgs.

So because youre sure, it makes it fact? He said 177, get over it and cut your losses. Even 3 months or so ago his weight on eliteprospects was 172, so you think he lost close to 3 pounds? I believe the analysts, journalists and EP more than i believe you. And its much easier to believe he gained 4 pounds during a playoff and WC stretch, rather than losing 3 pounds. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Wat 1

57 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

So because youre sure, it makes it fact? He said 177, get over it and cut your losses. Even 3 months or so ago his weight on eliteprospects was 172, so you think he lost close to 3 pounds? I believe the analysts, journalists and EP more than i believe you. And its much easier to believe he gained 4 pounds during a playoff and WC stretch, rather than losing 3 pounds. 

How about you get over you self.

You believe EP more than me??? Have you spoken to EP, or have you heard him give any other informations about his weight, than the posted telephone interview??? 

I can definitely not hear him say 177 in the interview. I stated clearly I was sure, he spoke about kgs...I never said it was a fact, but until you can prove differently, I stand by my statement. 

The only thing of interest in you post is Elite prospects had him at 172lbs 3 month ago... the rest is speculation.

And PS. I like @cory40 and enjoy his posts... More than I can say for this garbage reply of yours.

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1