The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

22 minutes ago, Filthymitts32 said:

Anyone have any insight into why we haven't signed Lind? With that tweet dhaliwal put out quoting Johnson saying he's a priority, you gotta think it's on their list, but is it weird he hasn't signed yet? When does he have to sign by? Sorry I don't know the rules that well on signing draft picks. 

I believe we have 2 years to sign CHL players, otherwise they re-enter the draft. I would expect they are just waiting for the season to end, I'm sure we'll see him signed sometime soon.

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Any way Lind gets in a Canucks game this season? (assuming they sign him)

Teams can only recall players from Junior in emergencies. (Ex: they have so many injured players, recalling from the AHL would mean the Comets can't ice a full team).

17 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Teams can only recall players from Junior in emergencies. (Ex: they have so many injured players, recalling from the AHL would mean the Comets can't ice a full team).

Oh okay, thanks. Looks like he'll be a great player for us one day. 

7 hours ago, Vancouver FTW :D said:

Kelowna is playing in my home town tonight and tomorrow night against the Prince George Cougars, Very excited to see Lind play in person as he should just destroy the cougars. The cougars have traded away all of their really good guys for young future developers, it is points night in the central interior. Expecting Lind to walk away from this double header with 5-7 points.

How are the Cougars games? Packed, or no? Might be moving up there in the coming years :D

12 hours ago, beni said:

How are the Cougars games? Packed, or no? Might be moving up there in the coming years :D

They were getting good crowds last year because they were winning. This year not so much. Weekend games are busier. Even the division leading Spruce Kings have a hard time getting 500 fans. 

Just for a quick comparison to some recent Canucks draft picks in their D+1 year.

Bo Horvat: 1.37 ppg 

Horvat's Stats: 54 games, 74 points

Jared McCann: 1.45 ppg

McCanns Stats: 56 games, 81 points

Kole Lind (season not over): 1.62 ppg

Lind's Stats: 50 games, 81 points

Now, I know that they aren't exactly great comparables, but the numbers are intriguing and promising to Canucks fans. If Kole can progress at rate similar to Jared McCann, that would be awesome.

Edited by Echo Park
Couldn't get the stats to embed

Yeah well said Momesso, there are lots of bandwagon jumpers when they are winning. But it comes with some history that kind of explains it. The teams owner for many years ran the team into the ground, hiring family members who have no clue about hockey to perform key roles in the organization. This resulted in many losing seasons and bad blood between the players and the organization. The inevitable aftermath was that P.G. became a reputable place for young players careers to die. So ownership and management ran the team soo far into the ground that eventually they were forced to sell (but not after running every season ticket holder out of the building and alienating the part time fans).

Enter Dan Hamhuis, Eric Brewer (Cougar alumni) and a local investor, they bought the team cleaned house and immediately things started to look better the cougars were winning and the fans have started to return. Like Momesso said we had a winning season and the building was pretty packed again, although it would be short lived as much of our success was coming from veteran junior players at the end of their age limit to play junior, (Harkins, Watala, Gabriel, Olson), (a few players off the top of my head), So now we are in a rebuild again but it wont last long as it is junior. Good hockey days are on the horizon again in P.G.

They are not completely terrible right now they just beat Kelowna last night 4-1. I missed the game because I was at a Big Wreck concert but I will be going to the Kelowna P.G. rematch tonight and I'll give an amature scouting report after here on the Lind page. My buddy was at the game last night and said Lind was hands down the best player on the ice.

Here are the highlights from last nights game, Looks like Lind could have had 2 or 3 goals with his play. At :31 seconds he dances the defence very nicely

http://whl.ca/video/highlights-rockets-1-at-cougars-4

Cheers

Edited by Vancouver FTW :D
  • Upvote 1