The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

On 11/20/2017 at 3:15 PM, BlueDragon23 said:

Unbelievable. 2017 draft has to arguably be the best draft I have ever seen by the Canucks in their entire history. Of course it is still early, but all of our prospects have been lights out so far. Now the biggest weakness we have is defence, and the upcoming 2018 draft is loaded with them. 

Bright days ahead! ::D

I agree, but it really is too early to tell.  Lots of players have looked good at lower leagues but just didn't click in the NHL.  

With that said, I'd say our prospect pool on forward is darn near complete.  Now to focus on d because we're pretty darn lacking back there.

7 hours ago, kloubek said:

I agree, but it really is too early to tell.  Lots of players have looked good at lower leagues but just didn't click in the NHL.  

With that said, I'd say our prospect pool on forward is darn near complete.  Now to focus on d because we're pretty darn lacking back there.

7 hours ago, kloubek said:

Interesting to see if it will outdo the 1979 draft - 940 career goals for Vaive, Ashton and Graham.  The tragic thing is, Graham never played for the Canucks, Vaive played 47 games, and Ashton played only 124.  Hopefully we keep the talent from this draft.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Interesting to see if it will outdo the 1979 draft - 940 career goals for Vaive, Ashton and Graham.  The tragic thing is, Graham never played for the Canucks, Vaive played 47 games, and Ashton played only 124.  Hopefully we keep the talent from this draft.

Sad time in Canuck history when the pressure to win often sacrificed long term talent. Add Derlago.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-11-22 at 7:55 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

For those of us older fans hearing the bellyaching about the long dark course of the past few seasons is really amusing.  Until Pat Quinn arrived, Vancouver didn’t know what a real GM looked like. Add the Neely trade and winning the last three games of our inaugural season to lose out on drafting one of two of the top 50 players to ever play the game.  

I am going go have a drink and try to black out now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

For those of us older fans hearing the bellyaching about the long dark course of the past few seasons is really amusing.  Until Pat Quinn arrived, Vancouver didn’t know what a real GM looked like. Add the Neely trade and winning the last three games of our inaugural season to lose out on drafting one of two of the top 50 players to ever play the game.  

I am one of those older fans and I agree with your statement about our early GM's. However, age does sometimes affect our memories and, while I would have loved to have drafted LaFleur or Dionne instead of Guevrement, it wasn't because we won our last three games. We actually went 1 - 1 - 1 in our last three games with the lone victory being against the woeful California Golden Seals. We probably would have passed on LaFleur and Dionne anyways.......:)

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

I am one of those older fans and I agree with your statement about our early GM's. However, age does sometimes affect our memories and, while I would have loved to have drafted LaFleur or Dionne instead of Guevrement, it wasn't because we won our last three games. We actually went 1 - 1 - 1 in our last three games with the lone victory being against the woeful California Golden Seals. We probably would have passed on LaFleur and Dionne anyways.......:)

::D I smile through the tears. Maybe age is wiping out some of those sad memories. To be honest my loyalty was with the Habs when they drafted LaFleur. What is truly comical is that Guy took 3 years to 'breakout' as Bowman rode his butt. Canucks and CDC would likely have given him 1 year.

40 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

::D I smile through the tears. Maybe age is wiping out some of those sad memories. To be honest my loyalty was with the Habs when they drafted LaFleur. What is truly comical is that Guy took 3 years to 'breakout' as Bowman rode his butt. Canucks and CDC would likely have given him 1 year.

0C287DB5-D852-45A8-9BA7-EAAE46B4E4F3_zps

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

4 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I don't want to add to the tears guys but we really could have used GM JB back then for the 1971 draft.

In the 1st round we could have taken Rick Martin in the 1st round AND

In the 2nd round Larry Robinson was still available when we selected Bobby Lalonde.

Hindsight is so wonderful......oh what could have been.

Jonah is looking like BPA at pick 55 last year. Can't argue with getting the BPA at your pick position.

Heponiemi is the only guy who I would have considered over Lind at this point. His season is top 10 all time in the WHL.

2.59 points per game is insane for a u19 player

3 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I don't want to add to the tears guys but we really could have used GM JB back then for the 1971 draft.

In the 1st round we could have taken Rick Martin in the 1st round AND

In the 2nd round Larry Robinson was still available when we selected Bobby Lalonde.

Hindsight is so wonderful......oh what could have been.

Loved Bobby LaLonde. I think the Canucks thought they were getting another Road Runner. LaLonde had a huge shot and put up some nice seasons. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Derp... said:

Jonah is looking like BPA at pick 55 last year. Can't argue with getting the BPA at your pick position.

Heponiemi is the only guy who I would have considered over Lind at this point. His season is top 10 all time in the WHL.

2.59 points per game is insane for a u19 player

He's 147lbs, I can only imagine the uproar if our first two picks in the draft are sticks! (There was a large crowd during the draft and even some now that think Patterson's weight will hinder him)

Lind was the safe pick. We took the home run swing with Pettersson instead of the safe pick in Glass, so I imagine they wanted a safer choice for their next pick.

• Upvote 2

Just got back from the Knights, Attack game.  I thought he had two assists, set up two goals in exactly the same way.  Spends most of his time in his office and added some toughness. 

Looked like a man amongst boys though his skating has a long way to go if he is going to make NHL. 

Nick Suzuki had a pair and was dangerous looking.

On 11/22/2017 at 3:55 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

On 11/22/2017 at 8:56 AM, Boudrias said:

Sad time in Canuck history when the pressure to win often sacrificed long term talent. Add Derlago.

Getting Tiger was needed for a club lacking character and veteran leadership. Ron Sedlbauer should have been the guy to go to Toronto right after his fluke 40-goal season for Williams. Think how better those early 80's Canucks would've been with Derlago, Vaive, Ashton and Graham.

Which is why I am so dead set against trading youth and draft picks. The more depth a team builds from the draft, the far easier it is to trade from a position of strength. Having two solid 2nd round picks in '17 certainly makes a hell of a difference compared to not having a 2nd rounder in other years.

• Upvote 1