The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

27 minutes ago, kacholu said:

So can somone please tell me what was the main reason he was selected to team Canada? 

Was it because of physical presence and having the duty of a cheker?? 

Or did he actually outperform other players? 

Both. When you have a guy who can physically dominate his peers, it's hard to dismiss. 

4 hours ago, cyoung said:

Both. When you have a guy who can physically dominate his peers, it's hard to dismiss. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Big, tough, and scores.  Same reasons why he’s going to be a GREAT Canuck!  ::D

Thanks for the update guys! More reason to be excited about him. 

I still have no idea how him and Lind fell to us? But hey I'll take it and run with it 

With watching Gadjovich at juniors, in Penticton, and now on the world stage, I just can't help but  be impressed with his hockey sense, his grit, and toughness on the puck during puck battles.  If I could give him Virtanen's wheels, he'd most assuredly already be on the big club, and a definite force.  Have to admire the guy for knowing his role, and doing it well.  Can't wait to see him develop into a top 6 forward, and think he'd definitely compliment Petterson.

I can see that this year they chose a rather heavier, bigger, and faster forward group than in recent years. Skill is slightly lacking though.

However, Canada's skill lies within the very stacked defensive core and a deep goaltending pool. It's evident so far in this exhibition game how fast, skilled, and mobile the defense is.

Bean, Timmins, Foote, Mete, Makar, Clague etc. That is one helluva d core. Still though, it's gonna be tough beating Sweden and it's all around skill.

Edited by Odd.

4 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

This will probably come across as overly critical, but it's not my intent...it seems to me that Jonah falls to the ice a lot. Which surprises me considering he is one of the bigger, stronger guys on the team.

Could just be he is pushing himself extra hard to impress the coaches.

It could be that he is a little bit nervous since it's his first go round with team Canada.