The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

Looking at the Instagram of the kids river rafting.... I am assuming this is the short guy in the front.

He looks like a refrigerator, as wide as he is tall.  I am less worried about his height now.

Edited by Provost

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Looking at the Ibarra gram of the kids river rafting.... I am assuming this is the short guy in the front.

He looks like a refrigerator, as wide as he is tall.  I am less worried about his height now.

Palmu vs Gaudreau in the battle of the smurfs

43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Palmu vs Gaudreau in the battle of the smurfs

Palmu looks like a fire hydrant...way more solid than Gaudreau...but shorter...he is getting a bit old for a growth spurt as well but you never know, if he has the talent he looks strong enough to handle some knocking around.

56 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Would like to see him in utica. We lost some players down their and have more control over their developement too.

Guessing palmu, dahlen and pettersson can all make more money in europe though over utica

Just now, UticaHockey said:

Doesn't like the AHL is an option this year.

Crap. I was getting excited about the prospect of the bowling ball hitting the AHL. I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking regarding the Comets and Canucks management. There's definitely a disconnect there if Palmu was willing to sign there, but was never approached about the possibility.

11 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Crap. I was getting excited about the prospect of the bowling ball hitting the AHL. I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking regarding the Comets and Canucks management. There's definitely a disconnect there if Palmu was willing to sign there, but was never approached about the possibility.

I think he already signed to play in Finland before the draft but this sounds like there could be an out.

“Maybe AHL or pro league in Finland,” he responded when Canucks Army’s Ryan Biech asked him about his plans for next year. “I have signed with TPS but we need to discuss that with the agent and with the Canucks.”

11 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Honestly the Canucks may not want to commit a contract to him for this season and let him develop in Finland while retaining his rights. Right now assuming all of the RFAs that were qualified are signed they have 46 of 50 contracts used an 47 if Olli Juolevi doesn't go back to juniors.  So let's assume 47 because you don't want Juolevi being sent back to to juniors strictly for the reason of needing his contract to slide.

If they sign Alex Kerfoot when he becomes a UFA in August now they are at 48 contracts a month before training camp and the young stars tournament.  Too many wasted contracts on guys like Mackenzie Stewart and Yan Pavel Laplante (I'd also include Michael Carcone). I shake my head every time I see someone post a free asset when the Canucks sign another undrafted overage player out of the Q.  There are no free assets if they tie up a contract spot for three years.  That's what one year prove it to me AHL contracts are for.

Edited by UticaHockey

5 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I think he already signed to play in Finland before the draft but this sounds like there could be an out.

“Maybe AHL or pro league in Finland,” he responded when Canucks Army’s Ryan Biech asked him about his plans for next year. “I have signed with TPS but we need to discuss that with the agent and with the Canucks.”

OIC

Just now, canuckledraggin said:

OIC

This was also from CanucksArmy......

If the Canucks were to insist that Palmu stay and play in the AHL, he’d join an already formidable looking Comets squad that looks like it’ll get at least a couple of high end forward prospects. On the flip side, if he heads overseas, he’ll be one of a handful of young Canucks prospects plying their trades in Europe, with Nikita Tryamkin and Dmitry Zhukenov in the KHL, Lukas Jasek in the Czech Extraliga, and Elias Pettersson (and possibly Jonathan Dahlen) in the SHL.

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/07/04/what-does-the-future-hold-for-canucks-prospect-petrus-palmu/

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

This was also from CanucksArmy......

If the Canucks were to insist that Palmu stay and play in the AHL, he’d join an already formidable looking Comets squad that looks like it’ll get at least a couple of high end forward prospects. On the flip side, if he heads overseas, he’ll be one of a handful of young Canucks prospects plying their trades in Europe, with Nikita Tryamkin and Dmitry Zhukenov in the KHL, Lukas Jasek in the Czech Extraliga, and Elias Pettersson (and possibly Jonathan Dahlen) in the SHL.

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/07/04/what-does-the-future-hold-for-canucks-prospect-petrus-palmu/

Those handful of guys should be in the A this year as well. Zhukenov has served his time in the Q, but I guess they wanted to let his contract slide and keep him in the Q for his overage season. In that case the KHL is a good alternative.

Jasek is a beauty. I can't wait to see him hit NA ice, but he is going to be stuck in the Czech league again. I watched a few games in the playoffs to try to catch a glimpse of him and he was being deployed in a very strange way. He's not a center from anything I've seen, but he was being used as a center to take draws in his own zone. He was basically a Malholtra, who would take the draw and skate straight to the bench.

Petterson is for sure going to play in the SHL, but I would love to see Dahlen join our prospects in Utica. We know they have chemistry and I don't need to see it again in Sweden to know they will play great together.

And Tryamkin... You broke my heart. :(

Love the way Petrus reads the play. Has a real knack for finding open ice or creating extra time and space. Moves into gaps well. Stick on the ice and ready to receive pucks. Quick release. Really good instincts. Very good in tight and down low, but also effective as a high forward or at the point. Walks the line effectively and makes those little moves and adjustments to find open shooting and passing lanes. He's really a joy to watch on those highlight packs. So many weapons in this kid's arsenal. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typos
  • Upvote 2