The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

Palmu is certainly a very exciting prospect and already well-grounded and doing the necessary to be a pro.

Do we now have so many good prospects that we can't keep them all in Utica and have to spread them out onto other leagues like the KHL and the SEL?

I cannot remember a time when we had so many young players to be excited about.

Thanks to Trev and Jim and company; this is so much better.

And we now have multiple players in every juniour tourney and even some on Team Canada; I used to hate that when we didn't have anybody.

I also noticed Palmu is wearing a "C" or an "A" in many of these clips and he seems like a determined leader even in things like the rafting and the grind.

Great kid!  I can see him making it to the NHL.

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

It was when I was in grade eleven 7-8 years ago. But it's in one ear out the other for most kids. 

First thought. Damn you're old. Then I started counting...we're the same age.

If you need me I'll be crying in the corner.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

You're only 24 and you're married?!

I may have exagerated a bit lol im 25. I have an early birthday in Jan. 

Not the same age but pretty close i guess.

As for being married this young, when you know, you know. You know?

Also my wife is 28 so I felt cruel making her wait. Especially for no reason.

Edited by 73 Percent

8 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Yes they do. Just a guy lookin' to poop on CDC.

Funny how some people like to talk crap about other people on CDC or talk crap about the team. Good times around here.

Middle of the summer. Not much hockey to talk about. Forum boredom has set in 

• Upvote 1

On 2017-06-24 at 10:13 AM, Tystick said:

He's going to have to play look Guadreau to succeed. Good news is there's potential.

I still can't believe this is guy fell to us in the 6th round! What an amazing scoring touch, who does he think he is, Pavel Bure??

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JayCanuck10 said:

I still can't believe this is guy fell to us in the 6th round! What an amazing scoring touch, who does he think he is, Pavel Bure??

Easy there, depending how you're defining there, there was a reason Bure was selected so late. 

19 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

No body knew Bure was old enough for the draft that year. ::D 

Or eligible based on number of international games played. The Canucks European scouts pulled some sanctioned game scoresheet out of nowhere from a game no one else seemed to know was played to get the favourable ruling.

I hope that Palmu does think he is Bure, with that kind of confidence a young guy can go a long way, I hope he is thinking big.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Or eligible based on number of international games played. The Canucks European scouts pulled some sanctioned game scoresheet out of nowhere from a game no one else seemed to know was played to get the favourable ruling.

I hope that Palmu does think he is Bure, with that kind of confidence a young guy can go a long way, I hope he is thinking big.

Well, there certainly are some similarities. Smaller than average player, late round draft pick, comes to camp weighing about 180 lbs, very high skill level, ridiculously strong for his size. Those all fit both Bure and Palmu. If Petrus is determined to be another Bure, I support him.

• Upvote 1