The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

On 10/13/2017 at 5:26 PM, aliboy said:

When could we see him here, next year?

Here Utica...or here Vancouver?

Next year in Utica makes sense to me but with Gaudette, Goldy, Pettersson and Dahlen all ahead of him in the "smallish but super skilled category" and guys like MacEwen, Gadjovich and Lind also possibly pushing for spots next year ....his chances of making the Canucks are at least 2 years away....but you never know until they get here.

11 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Here Utica...or here Vancouver?

Next year in Utica makes sense to me but with Gaudette, Goldy, Pettersson and Dahlen all ahead of him in the "smallish but super skilled category" and guys like MacEwen, Gadjovich and Lind also possibly pushing for spots next year ....his chances of making the Canucks are at least 2 years away....but you never know until they get here.

If he beats out a guy then you let him on the team. We are probably going to have a few spots for guys this coming year as I can't see us resigning Sedins and Vanek. Then you have other guys you can trade like Dorsett and Sutter. Theres room for skilled guys but it will depend on how they fit and who they can knock off rosters(UTICA and Canucks). He'd be a good guy for Utica next year though when Goldobin graduates.

On 17/10/2017 at 0:33 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No points, 3 shots, even, and 17:02 TOI for Palmu today.

He has 10 points (5G 5A) in 15 Liiga games played.

That is impressive.  Not Elias Pettersson's SHL numbers impressive but arguably as good as Kole Lind's 1.8 PPG in the WHL if NHLe counts for anything.

Edited by SamJamIam

13 hours ago, SamJamIam said:

That is impressive.  Not Elias Pettersson's SHL numbers impressive but arguably as good as Kole Lind's 1.8 PPG in the WHL if NHLe counts for anything.

Palmu may not have the insane skillset that Pettersson has or the physical tools that Lind has but my god, from what his coach said this guy has the gumption and the will to succeed.

He was one of my favorite benning picks last year. The guy reminds me of Brendan Gallagher.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Game day! Palmu and Juolevi playing in a little under an hour as TPS takes on Tappara.

http://liiga.fi/ottelut/2017-2018/runkosarja/191/seuranta/

Figured this thread deserved a bump.

Palmu is on a bit of a slump (no points in last 3 games) but he’s playing on the first line today so hopefully he hits the scoresheet and gets back on a roll.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Palmu doesn't seem to be on the roster today, any reason why? Scratch? Injury? Sick? 

Something’s up. Can’t get a good injury report in English. Any Finns out there who can properly translate this?

Google translate comes back with: “From Kaskinen's comments, Palmu in a blouse, Ekeståhl-Jonsson was injured or injured. Tallinder less unexpectedly "a small blow to the upper body." #hctps #liiga”

I don’t know if “Palmu in a blouse” means he’s wearing a cast/sling, or maybe just wearing a dress shirt or suit (like he’s in the press box as a healthy scratch), or if Palmu has actually started crossdressing?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Something’s up. Can’t get a good injury report in English. Any Finns out there who can properly translate this?

Google translate comes back with: “From Kaskinen's comments, Palmu in a blouse, Ekeståhl-Jonsson was injured or injured. Tallinder less unexpectedly "a small blow to the upper body." #hctps #liiga”

I don’t know if “Palmu in a blouse” means he’s wearing a cast/sling, or maybe just wearing a dress shirt or suit (like he’s in the press box as a healthy scratch), or if Palmu has actually started crossdressing?

...hmmm...sounds a bit fishy to me....is he back at the old hot spot...in disguise....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

...hmmm...sounds a bit fishy to me....is he back at the old hot spot...in disguise....

Maybe those fisheries and wildlife officers are after him again? And he’s currently dragged-up in a disguise and hiding under a blanket somewhere. :lol:

Foiled by autocorrect once again
  • Upvote 2

On 11/29/2017 at 9:55 PM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

can't stop laughing at translations :) Nothing against anybody. Palmu viltissa means, he was eating popcorn in press box, scratched. By comments he has hit a rough patch. First year in pro hockey, these things happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3