The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

DobberProspects List Canuck Prospects.

Glory_Days

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Isn't this ranking for FANTASY HOCKEY, and is strictly for potentially good FANTASY LEAGUE picks?

You're In-Laws are Calgarians -_-. So that means that you watch Flames game's ;) hahahahaha. Mr Alf.. is eating cats

On July 28, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Glory_Days said:

http://www.dobberprospects.com/july-31-in-31-vancouver-canucks/

Thought it was interesting that Dobber has done a top 20 Canuck prospect depth chart and how similar, for most part, it is to our own ongoing list of rating our prospects.

1. Brock Boeser (same) - 1st
  2. Elias Pettersson (same) - 2nd
  3. Jonathan Dahlen (+2) - 5th
  4. Thatcher Demko (-1) - 4th
  5. Nikolay Goldobin (-2) - 7th
  6. Adam Gaudette (+3) - 6th
  7. Kole Lind (-1) - 9th
  8. Olli Juolevi (same) - 3rd (Wtf?)
  9. Petrus Palmu (+1) ---
  10. Jake Virtanen (+1) - 8th
  11. Jordan Subban - Looks like 13th/14th
  12. William Lockwood - 12th
  13. Jonah Gadjovich - 11th
  14. Michael DiPietro - Looks like 13th/14th
  15. Dmitry Zhukenov ---
  16. Guillaume Brisebois - 10th
  17. Nikita Tryamkin ---
  18. Jack Rathbone ---
  19. Jalen Chatfield ---
  20. Michael Carcone ---

The only name is severely disagree with on this list is Juolevi is far too low, no idea how Lind/Gaudette/Goldobin are ahead of him.

Would also take Tyramkin out (Is he even a prospect anymore?) Chatfield and Carcone and replace with Gunnarson, McEneny and one of Cassels or Pedan.

This list is so far off its not funny??? I really laugh at these stupid post, look at the source? Some backyard hockey fan..lol.lol 

4 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

You should of watch the Summer Showcase, most impressive first impression from a prospect i have seen for a long time. 

This kids going to be a stud.

I don't disagree on any way.  I love the pick.  Demko is going to be a dominant goalie in the league in about 5 years, together they are going to bring some star power and a lot of W's to Vancouver.

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

if you truly think bo is the most important piece in terms of future core

then i'm afraid the ceiling for the canucks is set too low to win a cup

unless of course bo continues to blossom and become an undisputed 1st line centre... we'll know in 2 to 3 years

otherwise our most important core pieces has to start with a true #1 puck moving dman, an offensive #1 centre, and a stalwart #1 goalie

i see bo coming in at #4, (and maybe #5 after boeser) as captain and a character guy that keeps the other pieces performing to their elite capacities

I never said Bo would be our leading scorer or even our 1C. But he will be our captain and the motivating force that drives this team. Obviously Brock, Pettersson, Dahlen need to outscore Bo if we want to win at the highest level, but Bo is stil the most IMPORTANT player on this team going forward. He exemplifies Canucks hockey.

Linden didn't lead the way offensively either... and Bo may have an even higher offensive ceiling than Trev.

4 hours ago, wildcam said:

This list is so far off its not funny??? I really laugh at these stupid post, look at the source? Some backyard hockey fan..lol.lol 

Please venerate us with your boundless wisdom oh wise one. Enlighten us with your vast knowledge and untold, nay, infinite expertise on the subject...

6 hours ago, nergish said:

I never said Bo would be our leading scorer or even our 1C. But he will be our captain and the motivating force that drives this team. Obviously Brock, Pettersson, Dahlen need to outscore Bo if we want to win at the highest level, but Bo is stil the most IMPORTANT player on this team going forward. He exemplifies Canucks hockey.

Linden didn't lead the way offensively either... and Bo may have an even higher offensive ceiling than Trev.

And what's that? Genuinely curious. Keep in mind we're one of those franchises that have never won a cup.

47 minutes ago, guntrix said:

And what's that? Genuinely curious. Keep in mind we're one of those franchises that have never won a cup.

Not that I completely agree with the other guy that Horvat's our "most important player", but I don't quite know what this is supposed to mean? Are you implying that by not winning a cup our players can't exemplify hockey?

Because that would be a lot of hockey hall of famers who apparently don't "exemplify hockey" if not winning a cup cuts you out of that category. lol

7 hours ago, sonoman said:

Just curious about your thoughts on hockey IQ?  Do you consider it the same as vision?  Can Jake improve his hockey IQ with some structure and coaching to become the player we hope he can be?  My thought is IQ is different than vision, some guys have way more for example our 1st this year, Pettersson. 

I think vision is being able to spot things when you have the puck or just before you get it.  It's part of hockey IQ, but only a part of it.  Hockey IQ is what makes people find open areas on the ice, be in the right spot at the right time, check the right man when a play breaks down, make smart plays with and without the puck, knowing what each opposing player tend to try to do, etc.  You can get better at anything but it's a lot easier to put in time in a weight room and get stronger than it is to be able to think the game better.  

On 7/28/2017 at 2:32 PM, Glory_Days said:

http://www.dobberprospects.com/july-31-in-31-vancouver-canucks/

Thought it was interesting that Dobber has done a top 20 Canuck prospect depth chart and how similar, for most part, it is to our own ongoing list of rating our prospects.

1. Brock Boeser (same) - 1st
  2. Elias Pettersson (same) - 2nd
  3. Jonathan Dahlen (+2) - 5th
  4. Thatcher Demko (-1) - 4th
  5. Nikolay Goldobin (-2) - 7th
  6. Adam Gaudette (+3) - 6th
  7. Kole Lind (-1) - 9th
  8. Olli Juolevi (same) - 3rd (Wtf?)
  9. Petrus Palmu (+1) ---
  10. Jake Virtanen (+1) - 8th
  11. Jordan Subban - Looks like 13th/14th
  12. William Lockwood - 12th
  13. Jonah Gadjovich - 11th
  14. Michael DiPietro - Looks like 13th/14th
  15. Dmitry Zhukenov ---
  16. Guillaume Brisebois - 10th
  17. Nikita Tryamkin ---
  18. Jack Rathbone ---
  19. Jalen Chatfield ---
  20. Michael Carcone ---

The only name is severely disagree with on this list is Juolevi is far too low, no idea how Lind/Gaudette/Goldobin are ahead of him.

Would also take Tyramkin out (Is he even a prospect anymore?) Chatfield and Carcone and replace with Gunnarson, McEneny and one of Cassels or Pedan.

I see it a little more like this:

1. Boeser

2. Petterson (#1 potential)

3. Tryamkin (if he's on the list than this is where he belongs)

4. Juolevi

5. Demko

6. Gaudette

7. Dahlen

8. Goldobin

9. Virtanen

10. Lind

11. Gadjovich

12. Brisboids

13. Lockwood

14. Dipietro

15. Macewan (my dark horse pick)

Rest is a crap shoot. 

Rathbone, Gunnarson, Chatfield, Carcone, Subban, McEneny, Palmu?

Boeser should be rated ahead of Pettersson because he will be a Canuck this year...that doesn't mean that Pettersson won't pass him on the prospect chart or the depth chart of the Canucks maybe as early as next year if Elias can gain 15-20 Lbs of muscle in the next year or so...

I would also put Gaudette and Juolevi above Demko because they will be Canucks next year at latest and Demko is still 2 or more years away.

The best thing about Boeser's shot...when he really gets it off...you can't even see it until it's bouncing around in the net.

For a lot of his goals Price could be in net and they would still go in...his goal scoring is (4 goals already) and will translate to the NHL just fine.

The same goes for Gaudette...our number 3 or 4 prospect!

Boeser

Pettersson

Juolevi / Gaudette (tied for 3rd)

Demko (#5)

Dahlen

Goldobin

Virtanen

MacEwen (watch him earn a call up this year if we have to get tougher and are down a few forwards)

Lind

Gadjovich

Dipietro

Chatfield

I will stop there because all the rest are long shots for now....go Palmu go....and a few others may get asniff....

All the above have a great shot at an NHL career...over half of them will be top 6 players...I think at least 3 will be stars ....the future is bright!

On 7/28/2017 at 3:12 PM, theo5789 said:

Palmu at 9? He's an interesting prospect and I would like for him to succeed, but I don't think he's that highly ranked in our system right now. ALso, if Tryamkin is still considered a prospect, he has to be in the top 10 at the very least. Perhaps swap Palmu with Tryamkin and it makes a bit more sense. I also agree that Juolevi is too low in this ranking.

Don't underestimate Petrus. His skill levels are at elite levels.

This kid could be the surprise of the 2017 Entry Draft. At 5'7", 179 lbs, he is very big and strong for his size and he carries it with speed and confidence. Scouts say that if he were 6', he would've been in the running for 1st over all.  He has first line wing written all over him if he can translate his Junior talent to pro levels. I'm hoping he goes to Utica and not to the Finnish Elite League next year. I really want to see him in camp this year, just to see him up against pros.

6 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

This kid could be the surprise of the 2017 Entry Draft. At 5'7", 179 lbs, he is very big and strong for his size and he carries it with speed and confidence. Scouts say that if he were 6', he would've been in the running for 1st over all.  He has first line wing written all over him if he can translate his Junior talent to pro levels. I'm hoping he goes to Utica and not to the Finnish Elite League next year. I really want to see him in camp this year, just to see him up against pros.

I'm rooting for him to succeed. I just can't see him being that high in the rankings just yet amongst our prospects. I'm curious to know which scouts have mentioned that he could've been a 1st overall pick because if he had that kind of talent, you wouldn't think he would've been passed up on so many times to be drafted at 20 years old and in the 6th round.

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I'm rooting for him to succeed. I just can't see him being that high in the rankings just yet amongst our prospects. I'm curious to know which scouts have mentioned that he could've been a 1st overall pick because if he had that kind of talent, you wouldn't think he would've been passed up on so many times to be drafted at 20 years old and in the 6th round.

Sorry, I got it wrong. An article said the only thing that may keeping him from being a sure fire NHL draft pick is his size. 

17 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

At 5'7" he is very big for his size?

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

At 5'7" he is very big for his size?

He's about as big as he can get without compromising speed and agility.

I'm 5'7". I was considered to be a very fast skater but, like most undersized players, was told I was way too small. As hockey was my passion, I decided that, since I wasn't going to get taller, I was going to become very strong. In two years I went from 145 lbs to 187. I became extremely strong and powerful. The problem was I became sluggish, and winded easier. My speed lacked and, although I could launch myself into hits more powerfully, my mobility became laboured and it took more effort to work my edges to get into good position.

At the end of the day, I never had the hands to score and went no where but, my point is, Petrus is there in size and it's impressive that he can carry it with speed and agility. He merely needs to prove he can play at the pro level. 

It maybe my familiarity with his situation that causes me to want him to succeed so bad but, he also carries big time skill that would work well with someone like Goldobin. 

Both are speedsters. While Goldy has the finish, Palmu has balance of scoring and passing. Put Horvat in the middle and I see a line that could be a nightmare for any team in the NHL.

Archived