The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks | Young Stars Classic | Sept. 10, 2017 | 2:00 PM PT

-Vintage Canuck-

My Quick thoughts on this game after 2 periods:

1). It seems like the coaching staff is really trying to look at how some of the more under the radar guys do in game action, and a lot of ice time as been given to them as oppose to some of the bigger names (i.e. Boeser, Molino etc.)

2). The defence really missed Chatfield, as he was able to move the puck effectively and with him in the line up, the team spends a lot less time defending and the transition game is a lot better

3). It all depends on the coaching staff, but if they want to win this game, we may see a lot more Boeser, Lind, Gadjovich, Molino, MacEwan etc. in the third and if they want to continue to give a look at some other prospects, the other guys will get more ice time.

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

1). It seems like the coaching staff is really trying to look at how some of the more under the radar guys do in game action, and a lot of ice time as been given to them as oppose to some of the bigger names (i.e. Boeser, Molino etc.)

2). The defence really missed Chatfield, as he was able to move the puck effectively and with him in the line up, the team spends a lot less time defending and the transition game is a lot better

3). It all depends on the coaching staff, but if they want to win this game, we may see a lot more Boeser, Lind, Gadjovich, Molino, MacEwan etc. in the third and if they want to continue to give a look at some other prospects, the other guys will get more ice time.

I wonder if we will see Boeser or Juolevi in the lineup tomorrow if they want to get a better look at the other guys. Also, considering they will play their third game in four nights.

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Where is LaPlante from.....also good to hear that Green has coached LaPlante before, I want to see him in the lineup this year.

He's gotta graduate from the ECHL before he thinks about making the NHL.

He still has a very raw game. Will need at least one more season in the AHL before he gets consideration.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wonder if we will see Boeser or Juolevi in the lineup tomorrow if they want to get a better look at the other guys. Also, considering they will play their third game in four nights.

I was worried about this, I only have tickets for tomorrows game so I'm wondering with them playing the last two games if they will play tomorrow. I sure hope so. 

3 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I'm hoping that our best guys will get some heavy minutes in the third to try and win the game back. I'm okay with a few lesser known players getting a chance, but I'd like to see if our better players can be the heroes and work us back into this game.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Could be those 2 will get an automatic ticket to the main camp anyways

Archived