The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks | Young Stars Classic | Sept. 10, 2017 | 2:00 PM PT

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, kilgore said:

Yes.  Which reflects on how they are coached and prepped for the game.

Its like the babyflames are playing more like a team, and the babywhales are playing as individuals looking to make an impression by themselves.

or maybe the babyflames are just more talented 

1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

It's a prospect tournament, these Flames prospect that we are hating today could end up wearing a Canucks jersey in the future. E.g. Sven Baertchi and Markus Granlund

Well today there wearing the wrong jersey.

1 minute ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I hope I'm wrong but Oli still hasn't shown me why they picked him 5th overall last year.... I don't see it

Me neither. I've watched a few games with him on the Knights as well and he looks the exact same. He wasn't even the best defenseman in the draft it seems so odd that out of those available that's who we selected. 

16 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Our defencemen are getting beat on almost every play! They need to really step it up.

14 minutes ago, nuck7635 said:

It's not the score, it's how they're losing. 

14 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

It's not about the score, it's about the players are showing very poorly, not much effort or skill.... not good

Yes, it has been a poor game. The outcome and score do not matter in themselves, but of course we are hoping to see prospects making good progress -- maybe some positive surprises, maybe some blue chip guys who look ready for the NHL.

Instead of that, our D has really struggled. That includes the two top D prospects (Juolevi and Brisebois) and the longshots (Stewart, Candella). The only D who has exceeded expectations is probably Irving (and he only played one period). Maybe he gets a Utica contract or least gets invited to the Utica camp.

Offensively, LaPlante had a good game. Maybe he can earn a spot as a 4th liner in Utica. Boeser, in my opinion, has looked good again and has been unlucky not to get on the scoreboard. He has made a lot of good passes and a lot of good plays offensively and defensively. But I think it is getting more likely that he starts the season in Utica. Molino has been okay as well. He should be a good player for Utica this year.

Can't blame DiPietro. He was not a star by any means, but Calgary had a lot of chances.

But, as with any bad game. the key thing now is whether the guys can bounce back.

Archived