The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Matt Duchene

19 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Horvat, Boeser, Demko for Duchene, 4th

I hope that's a joke... that would be the worst deal in Canucks history. 

Ok maybe the Neely trade was worse but iono... I wasn't really around then 

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Has only scored 60 points or more twice in his career and the last time was 4 seasons ago.

Maybe Sakic is working on his standup comedy career for when he's out of a job this year.

Can't wait till he's out of a job. All those years he made me miserable as a Canucks fan by spanking us... He's clearly insane if he's asking for PK PLUS... 

58 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

:picard: - Not even worth kicking the tires

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does Duchene fit into a rebuilding team's future though?  JB should not even kick tires on Duchene.  BIG PASS.

almost 63% face-off wins last season... if you would like us to occasionally have possession of the puck this would be a great move. 

We do have some interesting roster players that could make a deal work. 

Hutton, Sutter (they need him for the same reason we need him), maybe 2018 2nd? Thats probably the best we could do, but if that was more than other teams could offer we'd have a C group of (not necessarily in this order) Bo, Duchene, Petterson for our top 3 C. Thats a good group. 

We need to think about the Sedins not being on this team. That is the possible reality after this season. So, when someone suggests Horvat is the #2C moving forward. Who, then, is the #1C? Also keep in mind, Pettersson is years away from being a top 6C in the NHL. Canucks could use Duchene, but Sakic is delusional, so probably no deal there.

19 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

They need a D that can play right away imo. Edler and a pick makes sense for me. An experienced D that can eat a lot of minutes.

A last place team doesn't move one of their more valuable assets for an aging defenseman. Sorry but other teams will be offering way better. 

Of course it is random and unlikely, but always fun to speculate.

Sakic has kind of painted himself into a corner, Duchene is depreciating as he is under club control for less and less time now.  No one is going to pay a king's ransom for a guy that is overpaid for his recent production and you can lose for nothing in two seasons.

He either reduces his asking price or waits until after next July 1st when a team can organize an extension before trading for him

Having said all that, a Hutton+Sutter+Subban deal seems pretty palatable to me... or Baertschi + something.

Archived