The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 Interview with Chris Higgins

Bissurnette

Does he still live in Vancouver? Pretty sure I saw him at whole foods in west van in the summer but got too star struck to go up and say hello hahaha

Any time you see a member of the Glorious 2011 Vancouver Canucks... it should send shivers down your spine :lol:

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

Does he still live in Vancouver? Pretty sure I saw him at whole foods in west van in the summer but got too star struck to go up and say hello hahaha

Any time you see a member of the Glorious 2011 Vancouver Canucks... it should send shivers down your spine :lol:

Yeah, Higgy loves Vancouver and wants to stay.  Too bad you didn't talk with him, as I think he's the kind of guy that likes talking with fans.

He's a smart man and has a comprehensive understanding of the NHL and being a pro.  I would love to see him return to the game in another form; especially in Vancouver.

Glad he's happy in his retirement from the NHL.

I was a little chapped hearing him say how hard the 2011 run was and how happy he was when it was over. That was the mentality that I think a lot of us saw in those last 2 games and it cost them the cup.

Not saying it wasn't hard and they shouldn't have been tired, but the ones who look past that and work even harder are the ones that win.

53 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I was a little chapped hearing him say how hard the 2011 run was and how happy he was when it was over. That was the mentality that I think a lot of us saw in those last 2 games and it cost them the cup.

Not saying it wasn't hard and they shouldn't have been tired, but the ones who look past that and work even harder are the ones that win.

All the added bs comes from you not him.

3 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

What added Bs? The part where you play through the pain to win? Ask Mr. Linden if he was just happy it was over in 94.

the mentality you saw in those final two games. You see, "when it was over" implies after, not during.

Just now, butters said:

the mentality you saw in those final two games. You see "when it was over" implies after, not during.

Are yoy kidding me? Everyone with their eyes open saw that Kesler was one of the only ones giving it a true effort those games. Maybe you need to watch them again. 

2 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Are yoy kidding me? Everyone with their eyes open saw that Kesler was one of the only ones giving it a true effort those games. Maybe you need to watch them again. 

"everyone with their eyes open" meaning the subset of people who agree with you.

3 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Considering he was playing on a broken foot I'm not surprised he was glad it was over.

I'd love it if the Canucks offered him a role somewhere in the organization. He's a consummate professional. Say what you want about his production the past few seasons, but he's one of the only Canucks to never take a night off. There were games where he was the only out there consistently putting in effort. 

On 10/4/2017 at 2:53 PM, Baggins said:

Considering he was playing on a broken foot I'm not surprised he was glad it was over.

Again, Linden in 94.

EDIT: How is this comment negative when I'm stating that Linden battling through injury in the playoffs is the mark of a true winner?

Listen to this interview starting at 3:45 and then tell me how Higgins saying he was relieved it was over is an ok response. Remember this came from a guy with black eyes, broken nose, broken ribs. He was pissed they lost. I bet if he could go back and do any day over again it would be that day. He wasn't relieved it was over, and I respect that so much more.

Do you think this guy was happy it was over? Does he look it?

Archived