The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I will say this about tonight's game. It really looks like Travis Green has the team's buy in on his coaching. They went in with a plan and they executed it very well. They keep at this and I see playoff games. I know it's only one game, BUT great things happen when a team is pulling on the same rope.

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Loved how he handled the Sedins tonight.  They were basically the third line, and with them not being prominent, weren't being exposed.  Liked what I saw from Vanek -- very smart offensive player, can see he's a scorer.

As I said regarding Hutton and Stecher on the third pairing - lower QoC can give them opportunity to shine and truly be effective. Sutter vs line 1, Bo vs line 2, and we have two primarily offensive lines to throw out against the opposition's bottom six. Great deployment by Green.

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

Also what was up with Edler? Haven’t seen him so interested in years.

He has a crush on Tanev, but shhhh... its a secret.

Jokes aside, they were excellent defensively tonight, and I remember Tanev releasing a shot on net that made me sit up as well. Pleasant surprise from two guys that shouldn't really be surprising anymore, which was really fun go see. I honestly don't understand the guys who don't want to watch vets play. Those two, the sedins, and dorsett all had their moments tonight, in addition to our young talent.

Just now, b3. said:

Also what was up with Edler? Haven’t seen him so interested in years.

?

That says a lot, he was almost as unnoticeable as Louiser Eriksson.

Great win by Horvat, would like to see a completely different PP setup, both units. Markstrom better than I hoped and Dorsett really stood out surprisingly. McLoser almost invisible after the first 10 minutes.

Looks like Green is already getting this team playing with more heart than Willy ever did.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Loved how he handled the Sedins tonight.  They were basically the third line, and with them not being prominent, weren't being exposed.  Liked what I saw from Vanek -- very smart offensive player, can see he's a scorer.

Gotta say, I've never been a Vanek fan, but he brought more than I expected tonight. 

And hell yes, Green's deployment was spot on. The twins are gonna light it up and be more effective with reduced minutes, with better match-ups ala Coach Green... and our improved young core.

Archived