The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans at Rogers

spook007

What would make you more likely to attend games  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Shift-4 said:

Shouldn't that be the whole arena? :huh: 

hey lets not dump on the people that actually show up, they're not responsible for the empty seats. Arena atmosphere is something that gets built up over time, and the current ownership group has simply done a bad job on this front. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

hey lets not dump on the people that actually show up, they're not responsible for the empty seats. Arena atmosphere is something that gets built up over time, and the current ownership group has simply done a bad job on this front. 

I'm not dumping on the people that show up. Just saying there needn't be a 'cheering section'  :) 

- Have the DJ hold off on the jams if they hear a chant starting. This is part of the reason supporters sections don't work here, they get drowned out by the can music.

- Lower the beer prices. I think this is more important than ticket prices.

- Dress a team that can stick up for themselves, even if you lose the game the fans can have some consolation in not being pushed around as well.

- Promote noise making instead of the opposite, its a sports event for gawds sake.

*last year my wife was at a game with some girlfriends and was swearing at the enemy team. An older lady in front grumbled at her for using profanity and being loud. My passionate wife shh'd up for a minute dreaming of the good old days, when just then a "BULLSH*T" chant erupted due to a bad call by the ref. Needless to say the woman gave my wife a look like she had somehow made the whole arena start to swear. Wife just smiled at the lady finding the humour in it all. The DJ ended the crowds fun though by playing the predetermined PK track, that has to be played every single time, thus reinstalling the Roger library feel.

1 hour ago, DJSkingz said:

That is part of the problem. You can get cheap tickets on re-sale sites but for Season Ticket Holders they are still paying full price. Actually the price of the tickets I buy into went up this year and we are in the last row in the upper bowl. If prices go up again next year I will not be buying into the tickets anymore. I can't stomach spending more when the product is getting worse.

Give up the season tix and go 2nd market :)

16 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I follow you now........

I am slow today........actually most days

I'm just thinking, 'whats going to shift the culture?' at Rogers and the Larscheider's are the best thing to come along in years. 

And also some turnover. If there are fewer phone jockeys thats good too, even if it means a few empty seats. 

4 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Time to loosen up the tightwads who police the stands. Let the fans enjoy the game and build an atmosphere worth going to. My brother in law can’t give his season tickets away if his life depended on it. Especially when they threaten to revoke his tickets if him or his guests mis behave. No wonder why Archie Andrews thinks Vancouver is boring. He must have been to a few games in the lower bowl. 

I've been stone cold sober at games and been warned about being too loud. With all the high costs of going to a game, disenfranchising the fans who want to be there to support the team during the bad times is not a good move. When I went to games as a kid, the atmosphere was so much more enjoyable to be in. Granted, there was almost always a fight or two starting as the stands were clearing out.

Turn it into poll. Why aren’t you going to games? Tix too expensive, boring hockey, bad team etc...

personally, tix prices aren’t a issue if you buy through second market

I was at the game last night but I usually don’t go cause I’m SICK of seeing the same problem this team has had in years. No youth influx and vets Continue to keep them down 

NOW this team needs a superstar. I mean put a Matthews or Laine on this team and the building starts filling up. Easiar said than done though

Dahlin would be that superstar to market around and bring a dash of fresh/new/exciting talent to the team 

Though it is partially to blame, it's not just ticket prices, it's all of the extra costs as well.

Not only do I need to pay for 2 tickets for my girlfriend and I but I also need to pay for 2/3 beers each and usually some food as well. A night out for two to watch, on most nights, a fairly uneventful game  ends up costing near $200. It's just not worth it. I'd rather stay at home and watch the game on my 55" HD screen enjoying $2 beers. 

In my opinion, if they lowered concession prices (say $5 a beer) it would make quite a difference. 

I had a quarter season pack two seasons ago, but once I started to realise how much each night out was costing me (plus not even being able to give my tickets away for free when I couldn't make it) I decided it just wasn't worth it. I now go about 2/3 times a season and that's usually because I got free tickets from work or gave them/got them as a gift.

1 minute ago, billabong said:

Turn it into poll. Why aren’t you going to games? Tix too expensive, boring hockey, bad team etc...

I was at the game last night but I usually don’t go cause I’m SICK of seeing the same problem this team has had in years. No youth influx and vets Continue to keep them down 

NOW this team needs a superstar. I mean put a Matthews or Laine on this team and the building starts filling up. Easiar said than done though

Dahlin would be that superstar to market around and bring a dash of fresh/new/exciting talent to the team 

Dahlin would fill a role we were promised would be filled when Edler was drafted but I'd much rather Andrei Svechnikov. He just comes off as a more complete player and I see Dahlin being a defensive liability, which might be a problem considering he's a defensemen.

3 hours ago, RonMexico said:

When I used to live in the Vancouver area I would go to about 2-3 games a season and mostly because the tickets were usually free or deeply discounted. It was the only way I could justify the cost of the liquor the old lady was going to consume while not paying attention to the game at all.

Back in the old Pacific Mausoleum days, when my wife-to-be and I were still dating, she was going to University in Abbotsford.  There used to be more Sunday afternoon games.  So on my way back to the island I would go to a game.  I used to be able to get single seats in the lower bowl from the scalpers for under $20.  Still had money left over for a beverage or two.  But heck, back then even the ferries were still affordable.

12 minutes ago, billabong said:

Wish I knew how to, but I am illiterate when it comes to these things. If anybody could set it up I'd be delighted...

5 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Dahlin would fill a role we were promised would be filled when Edler was drafted but I'd much rather Andrei Svechnikov. He just comes off as a more complete player and I see Dahlin being a defensive liability, which might be a problem considering he's a defensemen.

Naw you don’t pass on a talent like dahlin. He has karlsson 2.0 written all over him and you only get those guys by drafting them.

he’s shifty, dynamic, hits hard and can skate. He’s only 18 he’ll learn the d game. My only concern is can he transition this kinda game to a smaller ice surface. Probably not to the degree he’s used too but he’ll still be a dynamic offensive force

The cost of living in Vancouver is one huge drawback,people just don't have the disposable income to pay for high ticket prices and food and the odd beverage.

I hate that our team is not good anymore, but I also feel that to get better we need LUCK now with that stupid lotto draft,and the Canucks have never been all that lucky.

About the time that we are going down the rules changed(you know because Edmonton tanking so f$%&*ing often) and being so bad we just can't get better with draft picks.

In almost fifty years our team has never had a first overall draft pick NOT A SINGLE ONE,so no wonder our fans are not showing up to games .VANCOUVER FANS KNOW.

I think if we had gotten Mcdavid or Mathews or Hischier or Nolan things would be different.Other than Bo Horvat who do we really have to get excited over.

FANS HERE ARE TIRED OF LOSING AND IF WE CAN'T GET A BREAK AT THE DRAFT(WENT THE WRONG WAY IN THE LAST TWO FOR INSTANCE)WHY POUR YOUR HEARTS AND SOULS INTO A TEAM LIKE THAT..

Not saying I will give up on our team, it would just be great to be LUCKY once in a while.

13 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

I'm sorry, but who promised you that the completely unknown 3rd round pick was going to be a franchise defining offensive defenceman?

the canucks have got way more than their money's worth out of alex edler over the last 10 or 12 years. 

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I agree with the first half of your post, who is there to go out an watch? The Sedins fading? Eriksson not being an impact player? Even if the team had more player like Horvat then there might be hope.

But after selling hope for 4 years and the preceding 3 years it has been 7 years since this team was relevant and for some die hard fans that have watched this team since inception it is really bad management, maybe the worst in Canuck history and it doesn't take 5 to 7 years of this group to figure that out.

Aquilini continues to allow the team full rein, when the fans and media crucified Gillis he fired him right after he gave him a new contract. Now think about it Gillis got canned because the team missed the playoffs and fans were upset about the Luongo trade, but this group has the team in a death spiral and fans not attending and he is doing nothing. Who has control? The group he hired, so yes, it does fall on him to the point that he hasn't done anything about the situation yet. 

I never want tot see another McCaw type owner here, the team will be in Seattle in a heart beat.

2 hours ago, DSVII said:

I think the fact that trades had to be approved by ownership (Kesler ,  Hamhuis) tells you how much rein management have had. They need to step back and leave it to the professionals they hired.

That being said. They wanted the library atmosphere without any rowdy fans. As well as charging premium prices for a sub par product that was marketed as a playoff team. They made their bed. They should sleep in it. They should have no problem with that, there's plenty of room now

DL-82g7UMAA2RVC.jpg

These 2 posts sums up perfectly, what my concern are....

Its a business and although its only a few games, its definitely a worrying trend if you are the owner of this franchise. 

And as PB correctly put it... this will send shivers down the spine on them.

Archived