The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Buffalo's Rhino?

Apparently Friedman mentioned his name surfacing, with possibilities of him being moved this season. 2014 2nd OA, FWIW.

- Is there justifiable reason for Van to have interest?

- Anyone know..did the guy even grow up as a Nucks fan?

- Do his brother's underwhelming performances serve as a red flag?

...if any cat here is bullish on the Rhino, what would you offer Buffalo?

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Apparently Friedman mentioned his name surfacing, with possibilities of him being moved this season. 2014 2nd OA, FWIW.

- Is there justifiable reason for Van to have interest?

- Anyone know..did the guy even grow up as a Nucks fan?

- Do his brother's underwhelming performances serve as a red flag?

...if any cat here is bullish on the Rhino, what would you offer Buffalo?

Buffalo might be interested in moving him but at what cost? 

Reinhart is a natural centre and I am not sure there would be a fit on the Canucks with Petersson, Horvat and Gaudette. Buffalo would likely want something Like a Tanev plus our 1st for him and there is no way I would pay that price for him. I don't think I would go much higher than Hutton and a 2nd and Buffalo will find a better offer elsewhere.

Reinhart is a good player but his brothers' "underwhelming performance" would actually concern me.......

Its hard to say.... if we did get SR it makes it easier for them to extend Kane. But on the other hand Kane may want to be here anyway so we could get both.

My gut says it will have to be a big overpayment on our part to make it happen. They'd laugh at just Tanev, would likely want that plus Boeser or our 1st, which isn't worth it. 

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

Buffalo might be interested in moving him but at what cost? 

Reinhart is a natural centre and I am not sure there would be a fit on the Canucks with Petersson, Horvat and Gaudette. Buffalo would likely want something Like a Tanev plus our 1st for him and there is no way I would pay that price for him. I don't think I would go much higher than Hutton and a 2nd and Buffalo will find a better offer elsewhere.

Reinhart is a good player but his brothers' "underwhelming performance" would actually concern me.......

Yeah RB..pretty much feel as you've posted here. Figured with our exp cousins(& local boy, etc...) narratives, we should have a thread to discuss; but at this point would sure be cautious.

Also, in all honesty, haven't seen this kid play much, so I'm interested in CDC'ers insights.

His value solely depends on what contract his agent is asking for. 

At 4 years 4.5 million, I'd bite and make an offer. Any more it's too risky.

My friends have seen him out drinking lots this and last summer... seen him once myself. Not sure he's got character like Bo or anything. 

13 minutes ago, Pears said:

Tanev, Goldobin, 2nd for Reinhart+Guhle?

man thats high... Goldy might score as much during his career as SR.... 

Sam really hasn't had a "breakout" year either with numbers that jump out at you. Not great on face-offs. Not very physical. I dunno... I think i'd rather keep the 2nd and Goldy and rob Toronto in a Tanev deal later this year when they start feeling the playoffs coming. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Sam really hasn't had a "breakout" year either with numbers that jump out at you. Not great on face-offs. Not very physical. I dunno... I think i'd rather keep the 2nd and Goldy and rob Toronto in a Tanev deal later this year when they start feeling the playoffs coming. 

Tans is another I was thinking about making a thread to discuss(as if there haven't been enough!)..dude's SO darn valuable, think you could drive up a serious bidding-auction amongst 5 or 6 teams(mostly out east).

IF we ever heard Tree(liked him on RH-D) was returning, moving CT could net us a tidy sum...

I wouldn't even inquire tbh.  We are getting a nice stock pile of prospects so were do your see Reinhart? 1C (Pettersson,Gaudette) 2C? (Horvat) 3C would you give a king's ransom for a 3C?  And if Buffalo is looking to trade him than there is something up, rift with Eichel?

Seems like he's been with Ryan O'Reilly and Okposo on a second line that just hasn't been doing well (Kyle's pointless in 5 games and -7, Sam only has 2 goals and is -8).  Now to be fair I haven't seen him play this season, but for anyone who has would they say that he's a liability?  Are his stats just the product of bad bounces?  Or is this indicative of how his line's just overwhelmed?  

Regardless though, with Gagner, Burmi, Bo and Sutter all still around, and Pettersson and Gaudette as prospects, I'm not sure why we need Rhino.  He'd probably be a solid add short of any red flags about his play, but only at the right price.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I’d certainly like to rip Toronto off, but getting Reinhart and Guhle would be huge for our future. Something’s gotta change in Buffalo. 

I'm kind of torn on this one. He had a lot of potential, but I'm not sure how much he has left. He would also slow down our top-6 as he is not a great skater. If we don't give up too much, I'd consider it. Buffalo does have some very good wingers coming up in Nylander and Mittlestadt though who could insulate him a bit and maybe boost his production. 

One reporter mentioned that he heard Reinhart's name, but he wasn't sure that it was solid.  The assumption is that the Sabres are going to keep him and see how well he does this year.  Just like every other club does with guys on the last year of their ELC's.

He wasn't scoring at 3C so they moved him back to the wing last game and he got a goal.  I think it's safe to say that he is pretty much a converted winger now in the NHL.  He just doesn't have the reps necessary at centre to be effective there anymore. 

If he continues to do well on the wing for the rest of the year, the Sabres will want to keep him of course.  I think he'll most likely get around the same 47 points that he did on the wing last season and get an offer of around 5 million per on a long term contract, less if he decides that he wants a 1 or 2 year bridge deal.

Archived