The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] Jannik Hansen

3 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

I don't get the hate on Sam Gagner doing just fine slow start right now but I'm not pulling my hair out like I did when Chaput or Megnalast season.

Megna and Chaput weren't locked in for 3 more years.  There were temporary. 

3 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Plus we have Brendan Gaunce getting to the point of return to hockey. If we bring back Hansen fans would get angry if he sits because he's not contributing to the success of the club. It's best to not remarry a fan favourite when in rebuild mode let's marry the next generation. 

gaunce it going to be sitting in lieu of gagner and Burmy, when louy finally returns gaunce gets pushed even farther down the depth chart and potentially exposed in waivers.  next year we have Goldy who needs to clear waivers.  That's why a one year contract flips for a gagner 3 year contract makes sense. 

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I understand how unrealistic it would be to re-acquire a player from a team we just traded him to less than 9 months ago (for less value). But but Jannik Hansen has been a healthy scratch for the last 3 games in SJ.  Him and DeBoer do not seem to be on the same page with each other.  I personally would love to see if there was a way we could get back the honey badger.  He's only got a year left on his cap and I think he would look good in greens fast paced system. 

What would it cost to get him back in a canucks uniform?

What would you be willing to give up?

Vanek+ Subban?

Gagner + Gaunce?

Why this is a good idea:

1. Hansen would be a fantastic fit with how Green coaches.

2. Hansen was the best value in hockey as a Canuck, no reason to think otherwise if we get him back.

3. Takes the retained salary off the books, and allows us to retain on a different TDL deal for a high pick. 

I wouldn't want to lose Gaunce, but maybe something like Boucher and a 6th. 

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Megna and Chaput weren't locked in for 3 more years.  There were temporary. 

gaunce it going to be sitting in lieu of gagner and Burmy, when louy finally returns gaunce gets pushed even farther down the depth chart and potentially exposed in waivers.  next year we have Goldy who needs to clear waivers.  That's why a one year contract flips for a gagner 3 year contract makes sense. 

Sam Gagner can be easily flipped he doesn't have a NMC or a NTC IN his contract and teams will be more likely to trade for him unlike Megna or Chaput. If we were to trade Gagner it be better to get a younger prospect then a rental aging forward. 

I understand how unrealistic it would be to re-acquire a player from a team we just traded him to less than 9 months ago (for less value). But but Jannik Hansen has been a healthy scratch for the last 3 games in SJ.  Him and DeBoer do not seem to be on the same page with each other.  I personally would love to see if there was a way we could get back the honey badger.  He's only got a year left on his cap and I think he would look good in greens fast paced system. 

What would it cost to get him back in a canucks uniform?

What would you be willing to give up?

Vanek+ Subban?

Gagner + Gaunce?

Are not you the guy not happy about reclamation projects?   Not trading for other people's cast-offs?    

Put it this way - would YOU trade Goldobin for him straight up right now?   

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Are not you the guy not happy about reclamation projects?   Not trading for other people's cast-offs?    

Put it this way - would YOU trade Goldobin for him straight up right now?   

of course not, but that doesn't mean Hansen wouldn't be a great fit back on the team at some price. Hansen does his job well, works hard, no complaining, it makes me think something's wrong with DeBoer if he can't find use for Jannik Hansen. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

of course not, but that doesn't mean Hansen wouldn't be a great fit back on the team at some price. Hansen does his job well, works hard, no complaining, it makes me think something's wrong with DeBoer if he can't find use for Jannik Hansen. 

Comes down to what player you remove to insert him.   Virtanen is more skilled, faster and plays a heavier game so who else would be removed to make room?   Hansen was a nice player for Vancouver but not sure he is an upgrade on any rostered player once all injuries are taken care off.

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Comes down to what player you remove to insert him.   Virtanen is more skilled, faster and plays a heavier game so who else would be removed to make room?   Hansen was a nice player for Vancouver but not sure he is an upgrade on any rostered player once all injuries are taken care off.

personally I think he is an upgrade on Gagner. Hansen is a bit more physical, much faster, and will put up as many points, and is great on the PK. On a Travis Green system playing 15-16 minutes he'd be great here. 

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Ideally Vanek or gagner are both moved out. 

Sven bo Brock 

sedinx2 Jake 

granlund sutter dorsett

louy burmy Hansen. 

gaunce. 

And hansen isn’t a reclamation project he’s a hard working one year stop gap that is extremely versitle. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

personally I think he is an upgrade on Gagner. Hansen is a bit more physical, much faster, and will put up as many points, and is great on the PK. On a Travis Green system playing 15-16 minutes he'd be great here. 

Don't disagree in terms of short-term but Gagner is much younger and can play center which is something team is still needing more off....particularly if Sedins don't come back.   I am so far quite disappointed with Gagner but also know that it is pretty early in his Canuck career and for the fans, I am hoping he gets it together to the point where more actually spell his name correctly (it is more common to see Gagne on these boards than Gagner)

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Ideally Vanek or gagner are both moved out. 

Sven bo Brock 

sedinx2 Jake 

granlund sutter dorsett

louy burmy Hansen. 

gaunce. 

And hansen isn’t a reclamation project he’s a hard working one year stop gap that is extremely versitle. 

So you would trade Vanek and Gagner for him.   

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

No in a perfect world I’d trade gagner for him and then move vanek in a separate deal for picks. 

I think Vanek will be moved at TDL if he can keep up his 30 goal pace....agreed that would be good.   I wouldn't personally trade Gagner for Hansen as Gagner is more flexible up and down the lineup playing pretty  much any position.   I will admit he has had a slow start but so has the high-pitched Dane.

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think Vanek will be moved at TDL if he can keep up his 30 goal pace....agreed that would be good.   I wouldn't personally trade Gagner for Hansen as Gagner is more flexible up and down the lineup playing pretty  much any position.   I will admit he has had a slow start but so has the high-pitched Dane.

Gagner may be able to take the odd face off but he’s not an effective center. Hansen can play in offensive and defensive zones. He’d be one of our better PKers. 

I think if we are looking for a center next year there are better options that we’d be able to sign for less term in ufa.   But personally I think guadette will prove to be ready 

it's not about living in the past, it's about getting a player that fills our system, (speed and quick transition) and allows us to dump a redundant piece.  For example Gagner makes zero sense on this roster and we have him for 3 more years.  Hansen has one year left on his deal.  If we could swap Gagner and Hansen it's a win/win.  It's not like I want him to be signed for another 5 years.

He's got one year left on his contract, so really, he holds back our youth as much as Vanek does.  I'd much rather have Hansen's work ethic on the team this year than vanek's

Vanek has been good for us.

50 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Don't disagree in terms of short-term but Gagner is much younger and can play center which is something team is still needing more off....particularly if Sedins don't come back.   I am so far quite disappointed with Gagner but also know that it is pretty early in his Canuck career and for the fans, I am hoping he gets it together to the point where more actually spell his name correctly (it is more common to see Gagne on these boards than Gagner)

thats probably why he got the 3 year deal for sure to shore up things at C moving forward. 

Hansen is also a free agent next season and I bet he'd love to come back here to finish his career. Vanek won't be back in all likelihood and getting Hansen back on a year to year basis would be good too. 

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

i dunno

i think he'd look good playing with the sedins

no one else has fit that role as well as him since burrows moved on from it

Archived