The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver - Montreal

To Van

Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal

Chris Tanev

Montreal needs a top 4 d-man. I think Price would return to form if Tanev joined their d, been pretty bad lately. With Price and Weber and their contracts they still need to try and win.

Mete-Weber

Alzner-Tanev

pretry solid top 4

Galchenyuk definitely seems like he could use a change of scenery. Only getting around 12 mins of ice time a game lately. He scored 30 goals as a 21 year old and was top 10 in scoring last season before he got injured. Still only 23 years old and we could definitely use his speed and skill.

Next season if the twins retire

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Galchenyuk-Gagner?-Virtanen

Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson

Gaunce-Gaudette-Goldobin

Edler-Stecher

Del Zotto-Gudbranson

Hutton-Pouliot

Markstrom

Demko

With Weber and Petry on the right already Tanev doesn't really fit their needs, Defense isn't Montreal's biggest concern. Price has just been struggling.  If Galchenyuk is moved (and I don't think it's a sure thing that he is ) Montreal MUST address thier top 6 C issue

I like the idea of acquiring Chucky, but not at the cost of Tanev. I think our D corp is average at best right now and would only become below average by losing Tanev.

If we had more high end defensive prospects in our pipeline, I would be more inclined, but there is nobody right now that I am banking on that can replicate Tanev's workload/potential in the near future.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

with the way Gaudette is developing I'm not sure Chucky is going to be an upgrade on that. And for Tanev we can get a package of picks and prospects otherwise its not worth it imo. 

I agree I'd rather keep Tanev and package him for picks/prospects to another team if Canucks don't keep him and watch Montreal fail due to poor Management.

16 minutes ago, Shekky said:

I agree I'd rather keep Tanev and package him for picks/prospects and watch Montreal fail due to poor Management.

Tanev doesn't solve their problem anyway.  Before last nights shellacking of Ottawa they were the lowest scoring team in the league.  Montreal needs to put pucks in the net.  Tanev doesn't help with that. At all 

Also.  I don't uunderstand that logic.  Let's say Tanev did fill a need for Montreal and the trade made sense.  Are you under the impression that Vancouver is the only team Montreal could deal with to try to turn their fortunes around?  If there's not a deal to be made with Vancouver they can look elsewhere. Id there's a deal that helps Vancouver. As a Canuck fan you should be I favour for it. Regardless of what it does for the other team  

Personally, I feel we have a lot of offensive depth and more waiting with Dahlen, Goldobin, and Pettersson. We need defensemen more than forwards IMO, so I'd be hesitant to trade Tanev for anything other than a young stud of a defenseman.

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Personally, I feel we have a lot of offensive depth and more waiting with Dahlen, Goldobin, and Pettersson. We need defensemen more than forwards IMO, so I'd be hesitant to trade Tanev for anything other than a young stud of a defenseman.

That's probably where a Liljegren+1st trade for Tanev makes so much sense for both teams.

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

That's probably where a Liljegren+1st trade for Tanev makes so much sense for both teams.

Agreed, though I'm not sure Tanev has quite that much value. Liljegren could be a premier player. Maybe remove the 1st and add a 2nd and 3rd/4th or something. Still, the trade would make a lot of sense conceptually.

23 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Tanev doesn't solve their problem anyway.  Before last nights shellacking of Ottawa they were the lowest scoring team in the league.  Montreal needs to put pucks in the net.  Tanev doesn't help with that. At all 

Also.  I don't uunderstand that logic.  Let's say Tanev did fill a need for Montreal and the trade made sense.  Are you under the impression that Vancouver is the only team Montreal could deal with to try to turn their fortunes around?  If there's not a deal to be made with Vancouver they can look elsewhere. Id there's a deal that helps Vancouver. As a Canuck fan you should be I favour for it. Regardless of what it does for the other team  

Not sure if your talking to me or referencing some other posters here but Montreal isn't the best trade partner for Vancouver they have Galchenyuk but Bergevin won't let him go for next to nothing. Tanev doesn't make the best trade piece for him when Vancouver could get more value out of him from another team. Ideally I think keeping Tanev and seeing how this season goes if they make it to the playoffs could be more useful to keep him than to trade him.

Just now, Shekky said:

Not sure if your talking to me or referencing some other posters here but Montreal isn't the best trade partner for Vancouver they have Galchenyuk but Bergevin won't let him go for next to nothing. Tanev doesn't make the best trade piece for him when Vancouver could get more value out of him from another team. Ideally I think keeping Tanev and seeing how this season goes if they make it to the playoffs could be more useful to keep him than to trade him.

I was referring to you "keep Tanev and let Montreal fail due to poor management" statement.  I've already said Tanev isn't a fit in Montreal.  In fact the two teams make poor trading partners.  what I was saying that IF the trade made sense (which it doesn't).  It shouldn't matter what it will do for Montreal. As long as it helps Vancouver. 

21 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

draft will be a gooder    we get a 30 goal scorer  plus 3 picks soo benning can find more picks that fall in draft like lind gaz dipietro 

It's like you're willfully ignoring the fact that with Weber and Petry, Montreal has no need for Tanev.  The only player that really suits their needs is Horvat.  And that's a non starter.  You may see minor trades between these two teams. But there isn't a fit for a trade involving big name players 

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Agreed, though I'm not sure Tanev has quite that much value. Liljegren could be a premier player. Maybe remove the 1st and add a 2nd and 3rd/4th or something. Still, the trade would make a lot of sense conceptually.

Tanev and Rielly together would be scary. They'd shut down anyone in the league. 

If we knew Tram was returning(say  2 yrs later)..trade CT just prior. Gudbranson, Try, Stecher & Chatfield would make a pretty decent RH-side.

In his contract yr, & if we retained a big chunk, could get back a small fortune in youth for Tanev.

Meantime, the guy settles down our whole core, & improves all lefty's he's paired with.

Maybe we can deal Edler soon?

Archived