The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks assign Boucher, Demko to Utica

Adarsh Sant

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Who's coming out next?  Burmistrov already, so I'd suspect Vritanen may take a seat.

Gaunce was the extra at practice today with Granlund back on the Sutter line.  Eriksson was taking line rushes with the Sedins so he might also draw in over Virtanen.  

They  have to play LE - @$6m a year - he has to do something - I hope he lights it up - put him with the Sedins for a month and see what they can muster up - just watch their ice time.  What else can you do with him? Put him with Ganger and Vanek? Don't think you want  to bust up the BBB line and I don't see him being much good with Dorcett and Sutter either. Someone I would like to see on the Sutter line is Jake for a game or 2

IMO Virtanen has shown enough to not be pulled from the lineup. IMO it has to be Gaunce. If it came down to Gaunce vs Virtanen, for me its Virtanen every single day and twice on Sundays.

Gaunce doesn't have the speed, physicality nor ability with the puck that Virtanen does. Gaunce plays a safe, north/south fairly benign game which is not prone to many mistakes, but it also doesn't lend itself to particularly impacting the game either.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Sutter - Dorsett

Eriksson - Gagner - Vanek

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

If Virtanen's sitting again tomorrow I'm not going to watch. We're a rebuilding team, I don't care to watch the vets when half of them can't produce. Atleast Virtanen brings speed and physical play and has had to make up for for the twins lack of speed and weak defensive play while on their line. I just don't understand what was going through Bennings mind that he thought a 6 year 6 million dollar deal for a declining vet and 3 years for Gagner  was a good idea. 

Just now, Erik Karlsson said:

If Virtanen's sitting again tomorrow I'm not going to watch. We're a rebuilding team, I don't care to watch the vets when half of them can't produce. Atleast Virtanen brings speed and physical play and has had to make up for for the twins lack of speed and weak defensive play while on their line. I just don't understand what was going through Bennings mind that he thought a 6 year 6 million dollar deal for a declining vet and 3 years for Gagner  was a good idea. 

Eh i hardly notice virtanen out there. He is not playing nearly as good as he did in training camp. 

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Eh i hardly notice virtanen out there. He is not playing nearly as good as he did in training camp. 

respectfully disagree. He's made a quite number of really hard working plays, passes to a Sedin and the play dies. I really like the effort I'm seeing out of Jake. 

7 hours ago, VanGnome said:

IMO Virtanen has shown enough to not be pulled from the lineup. IMO it has to be Gaunce. If it came down to Gaunce vs Virtanen, for me its Virtanen every single day and twice on Sundays.

Gaunce doesn't have the speed, physicality nor ability with the puck that Virtanen does. Gaunce plays a safe, north/south fairly benign game which is not prone to many mistakes, but it also doesn't lend itself to particularly impacting the game either.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Sutter - Dorsett

Eriksson - Gagner - Vanek

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

Agreed, Gaunce plays like a robot, I gotta question his hockey IQ.

Virtanen needs more looks with other linemates as the season progresses, now is the time with Louie back in the mix!

Archived