The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

35 minutes ago, coryberg said:

John Cena Laughing 23012018100832.jpg

Not as laughable as Andrew Nielsen as a principle for Gudbranson.

I wouldn't move Alex Biega for Nielsen - Biega can actually skate - and defend at the NHL level.  Nielsen hasn't proven he can manage that at the AHL level.

Biega would be good depth for a playoff team - injuries happen, he's more than serviceable, and a RHD.  5 pts, 44 blocks. 73 hits in 23 games - he's mobile, and aggressive.

I don't buy the rumours - not a whiff - I doubt Toronto management are that daft to offer Nielssen (NHL teams have thngs called pro-scouts and don't depend on google scouts) - I think that Nielsen rumour is the musing a of deluded dreamer (or troll) - almost sounds like the work of a Darren Dreger.

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

I mean...it wasn't that simple. Rumour was that Edmonton offered us a better package but we didn't want to trade within the division, so Gillis accepted less to send him out east. Regardless, Bo turned out to be pretty damn good and is still getting better. I liked CS as much as anyone but I can't be mad at that deal and certainly don't hold anything against Lamoriello.

it's pretty simple Lou robbed us. It doesn't matter how Horvat turned out.

24 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

It sure as hell does matter how Horvat turned out.

And he was about as low risk a pick as they come - absolute beast of a two way, complete game even at the junior level.

If you believe that was 'robbery' - have a look at how many goaltenders have been dealt for top 10 picks in NHL history.

57 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not as laughable as Andrew Nielsen as a principle for Gudbranson.

I wouldn't move Alex Biega for Nielsen - Biega can actually skate - and defend at the NHL level.  Nielsen hasn't proven he can manage that at the AHL level.

Biega would be good depth for a playoff team - injuries happen, he's more than serviceable, and a RHD.  5 pts, 44 blocks. 73 hits in 23 games - he's mobile, and aggressive.

I don't buy the rumours - not a whiff - I doubt Toronto management are that daft to offer Nielssen (NHL teams have thngs called pro-scouts and don't depend on google scouts) - I think that Nielsen rumour is the musing a of deluded dreamer (or troll) - almost sounds like the work of a Darren Dreger.

It'll be great have this media silliness regarding Gudbranson behind the team when he's either re-signed or traded. 

25 minutes ago, oldnews said:

It sure as hell does matter how Horvat turned out.

And he was about as low risk a pick as they come - absolute beast of a two way, complete game even at the junior level.

If you believe that was 'robbery' - have a look at how many goaltenders have been dealt for top 10 picks in NHL history.

No, it doesn't matter how Horvat turned out. There was not one person who thought Vancouver won that trade at the time. "Henrique" and 1st was what Schneider's value was.  "It was a 'safe' pick" give me a break. it was a $&!#ty trade that had Lou laughing all the way to the bank. He knew The Canucks wanted Horvat and they overpaid to get him. 

21 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Amen to that. I’m actually looking forward to when/if canucks do move gudbranson for similar value, how Oldnews will try to spin it in a JB win. 

I'd say that's pretty pathetic - FTG cares more about hoping to refute what a CDCer thinks (how I value Gudbranson)  than the future and health of the franchise.

You're looking forward to a Nielsen//3rd return? 

Why am I not surprised that you're that petty.

The epitome of what makes (parts of) this such a loser fanbase. 

People 'looking forward to excuses to whine and complain, mope and 'I told you so' more than they do the potential success of this franchise.

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

1040 live. is about to talk about Gudbranson's situation. they have a expert on.  

come check it out. should start in next few mins.

http://www.iheartradio.ca/tsn/tsn-vancouver-1040?autoplay=1.1748196

believe its jeff paterson coming on to give us an update on guddy.

Fatterson is an expert in what exactly? 

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

No, it doesn't matter how Horvat turned out. There was not one person who thought Vancouver won that trade at the time. "Henrique" and 1st was what Schneider's value was.  "It was a 'safe' pick" give me a break. it was a $&!#ty trade that had Lou laughing all the way to the bank. He knew The Canucks wanted Horvat and they overpaid to get him. 

Your perspective is quite slanted. 

Not one person that thought moving a goaltender for a top 10 pick was a reasonable return?

You can't call a trade like that a "win" - for either team - at the time.  Of course it depends on how Horvat turned out - and regardless, you don't seem to realize the real world value that goaltenders traditionally command on the trade market.  They are notoriously and consistently undervalued as assets.

Again, tell me the last time a goaltender returned a top 10 pick.

12 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

1040 live. is about to talk about Gudbranson's situation. they have a expert on.  

not sure if serious Rush. 

honestly, wake me up when there is some real news - an actual trade or re-signing - the rest is spacefiller noise in the interim.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I'd say that's pretty pathetic - FTG cares more about hoping to refute what a CDCer thinks (how I value Gudbranson)  than the future and health of the franchise.

You're looking forward to a Nielsen//3rd return? 

Why am I not surprised that you're that petty.

If that’s all we get offered from around the league and guddy says he’s not resigning I’d gladly take that offer because the “future” is better with an asset than without. 

I’m looking forward to trusting my GM and his judgement on trades. What ever decision he makes, I’m sure it will be the right one. That’s what being a fan is about...right?  

18 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Your perspective is quite slanted. 

Not one person that thought moving a goaltender for a top 10 pick was a reasonable return?

You can't call a trade like that a "win" - for either team - at the time.  Of course it depends on how Horvat turned out - and regardless, you don't seem to realize the real world value that goaltenders traditionally command on the trade market.  They are notoriously and consistently undervalued as assets.

Again, tell me the last time a goaltender returned a top 10 pick.

Your perspective is the one “quite” slanted. Does every trade involve draft picks? No, they don’t. 

“You can’t call a trade like that a win for either team?” Are you serious? Schneider was a top 5 goalie in the league at the time. A bonafide number 1 goalie that was quickly put on the market and then traded just as quickly shocking pretty much everyone for how little he was traded for. According to you a trade like this can’t be called a win by either side until what? Horvat is developed? That’s not how it works. When you make a trade like Pouilot for Pedan that is a trade that you can take some time to evaluate. A trade like Schneider for “Horvat”, a completely unproven prospect that may never amount to anything, is a huge win for The Devils. Schneider was worth a top 6 young forward and a first. We didn’t even get close to fair value for him. 

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Your perspective is the one “quite” slanted. Does every trade involve draft picks? No, they don’t. 

“You can’t call a trade like that a win for either team?” Are you serious? Schneider was a top 5 goalie in the league at the time. A bonafide number 1 goalie that was quickly put on the market and then traded just as quickly shocking pretty much everyone for how little he was traded for. According to you a trade like this can’t be called a win by either side until what? Horvat is developed? That’s not how it works. When you make a trade like Pouilot for Pedan that is a trade that you can take some time to evaluate. A trade like Schneider for “Horvat”, a completely unproven prospect that may never amount to anything, is a huge win for The Devils. Schneider was worth a top 6 young forward and a first. We didn’t even get close to fair value for him. 

you have some fantasy ideas about what goaltenders command in the market.

you might want to look further - and realistically - into what some of the best goaltenders in NHL history have commanded as trade returns.

46 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

:lol:

Good one!  And no doubt their backup "expert" Botchford will vouch for his buddy.

8 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Schneider was a top 5 goalie in the league at the time. A bonafide number 1 goalie

Schneider, who I love, had a grand total of 98 NHL games to his name over 4 years when Vancouver traded him. I don’t remember the last time a goalie with that few NHL games under his belt was traded for a 1st round pick at all, let alone a top 10 pick. Would have been great to get more, but the market was what it was.

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

Are you charged with shop lifting for shopping on Black Friday? Lou didn't rob us. We purposely gave him a slightly discounted rate to keep Schneider out of the west. 

Also, when was the last time a goalie garnered something as high as the 9th OA pick in a trade? You're acting like we traded Schneider for Alex Stojanov.

Archived