The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

15 minutes ago, Toews said:

Won't be traded from what I am seeing. He is a local kid who dreamed of playing for the team and has paid his dues in the AHL, trading him would be a nightmare from a PR standpoint. I would do two 2nds, I think the scouting staff has done well with 2nd round picks (Demko, Lind, Gadjovich). 

Two 2nds would be a great return for Guddy IMO. But I doubt it. I think a 2nd and a late round pick is more likely. 

17 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Well if we have a replacement for those minutes that's an upgrade from Edler then I would agree with you that he will be gone, but much like the Sedins the Canucks are really in no position as of yet to say clearly they have a body currently under contract to do that.  Pretty much like many of the current roster playing on lines they wouldn't be playing on , on a contending team.  We are bad its just that simple.   A trap quality team playing run and gun shows we are currently displaced. 

14 hours ago, aGENT said:

As much as I love our perennial whipping boy (see sig) and yes, he'd be a major set back, Edler really should be the one to go if he'll waive. 

Oldest and one of the better returns. It's time. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, that could still = next year though (or not at all :unsure: ). I'd certainly understand the motivation for wanting to keep him being that him and Tanev are our only current, legit 1st pair D. Moving either is a major hit to the D corps.

And there's always Edler's NTC to worry about.

So while I hope we move him, I'll not be remotely shocked to still see him at camp next fall either.

25 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Two 2nds would be a great return for Guddy IMO. But I doubt it. I think a 2nd and a late round pick is more likely. 

NYI have 2 2nds. Would they offer both for him tho?

I can see a team maybe offer 1 2nd and then a later pick 4/5th

21 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I'd rather give him 3-3.5 for a few years than trade him for 2 seconds.... 

Well I dont see him taking a pay cut down to 3m, even if it was an 8yr deal. I am sure he is wanting 4m at minimum maybe closer to asking for 5ish million and then settling in the low to mid 4's on a contract in the 4-5yr range

5 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

throw in Tryamkin rights to fatten it up, doubt hes coming back to canucks until a regime change

I say wait Tryamkin out. We could use him, when his KHL deal is up and we try to sign him and he specifically states he wont sign to play in the NHL for us. Then that is when you trade him to a team that he is willing to negotiate a deal with.

I hope he matures, gains confidence or gets whatever he wanted when he decided to leave then gives us another shot when he is ready to return.

9 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I liked him but I think canucks may have burned that bridge somehow and he might be at a good value point to max on right now. 

If he burns the bridge and doesnt give us  chance when we have a new coach and potentially new management then ya we move him because that isnt fair for the player to do after such a short stint. He is also to blame for not listening to us leading into the off season when he came into camp out of shape.

53 minutes ago, Yotes said:

If he burns the bridge and doesnt give us  chance when we have a new coach and potentially new management then ya we move him because that isnt fair for the player to do after such a short stint. He is also to blame for not listening to us leading into the off season when he came into camp out of shape.

Yip. Like any breakup, both parties are usually to blame.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Just need the leafs to lose bad while Morgan Rielly is out and make them desperate for a dman. Jim Benning should hopefully get something done soon.

The Leafs play the Hawks tonight, and lately, the Hawks have been making every team look good.

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

WD had already been fired  when Tryamkin decided to leave the NHL. Maybe he’s just much happier playing at home.  That said. He’s under contract for another 2 1/2 seasons. He won’t be back before then. If at all. His rights are practically worthless atm 

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

WD had already been fired  when Tryamkin decided to leave the NHL. Maybe he’s just much happier playing at home.  That said. He’s under contract for another 2 1/2 seasons. He won’t be back before then. If at all. His rights are practically worthless atm 

Apparently you can buy out your contract in the KHL if you pay your team 2/3s of the remaining amount. Not sure if anyone has ever done this before?

4 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Apparently you can buy out your contract in the KHL if you pay your team 2/3s of the remaining amount. Not sure if anyone has ever done this before?

Yes. But it’s the player that has to buy out his contract.  Considering a Tryamkin willingly left the NHL to sign thst contract I can’t see him paying to get out of it. 

3 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

I'd rather give him 3-3.5 for a few years than trade him for 2 seconds.... 

Sure... but there is not a lot of motivation for him to sign a deal like that.  He may well want to test free agency in case some GM gets stupid and throws a $5 million + offer at him.  He could also just want a fresh start, it hasn't exactly been the best couple of years of his professional life here.

39 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Actually Tryamkin said in an interview that the decision to go back had been made before WD was fired.

There is a significant chance that his team is one of the ones contracted out of the KHL, or their new planned rules on salary caps mean they can no longer afford him and they terminate his contract.

You absolutely don't trade away his rights for next to nothing, he still has a good potential for becoming a unique and very useful player for our team.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

Actually Tryamkin said in an interview that the decision to go back had been made before WD was fired.

There is a significant chance that his team is one of the ones contracted out of the KHL, or their new planned rules on salary caps mean they can no longer afford him and they terminate his contract.

You absolutely don't trade away his rights for next to nothing, he still has a good potential for becoming a unique and very useful player for our team.

My point is that as of right now, his rights are practically worthless.  Could things change? Sure, but I doubt a GM of another team would bet a significant asset on that being the case. 

Archived