The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

26 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Re-sign Gudbranson

Keep Tanev.

If any D are dealt, it should be one of Edler, MDZ or Hutton.

Edler sets us back the furthest but brings the best return and is the better part of 32.

Edler, Vanek to Tampa for Killorn, Foote, Cirelli

Edler won't move. He just won't.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Re-sign Gudbranson

Keep Tanev.

If any D are dealt, it should be one of Edler, MDZ or Hutton.

Edler sets us back the furthest but brings the best return and is the better part of 32.

Edler, Vanek to Tampa for Killorn, Foote, Cirelli

As much as I love our perennial whipping boy (see sig) and yes, he'd be a major set back, Edler really should be the one to go if he'll waive. 

Oldest and one of the better returns. It's time. 

57 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

chirp chirp

what's hilarious is this FTG gem:

Canucks trade Gudbranson + Nilsson to CHI for Seabrook (retained 27%) + 2017 1st round pick

genius idea - to take on healthy scratch Seabrook (and get rekt in the process) - in the 2nd year of an 8 year deal that takes him to age 39. [facepalm]

#proper-rebuildz

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

As much as I love our perennial whipping boy (see sig) and yes, he'd be a major set back, Edler really should be the one to go if he'll waive. 

Edler would net the best return out of the three defensemen, as he is having a banner year. He was golden against the Kings tonight. 

we played real gudd without him tonight.  overall great effort by the forwards.  d made crisp passes.  it just seems with all the drama around the twins the team came out super focused and executed well.  Curious if they got some extra practice time in being back in van. that probably plays a fairly big factor.  I'm wondering if Gudbranson's slow return to his former play was due to leadership in the room. he went from a leader in flordia to the new guy in van where there is a mature and established leadership group. Perhaps his game will come around now that he feels more himself or maybe he will do better in a situation where he can have a bigger role as a leader.  Loved the effort from our d core tonight. I have been very vocal about my displeasure in hutton lately.  I think he earned a solid grade tonight he really did well.  He took time and made the right play instead of tossing it up the ice. nice to see some patience and poise in hutty.  Him being frantic does not lead to good outtings.  

good team effort overall. go nux go!

5 hours ago, rekker said:

Agreed. He really has been playing well. I dare say the best in years. 

Edler is having a better than average season considering all the trails the group have faced. IMHO the Canucks have to make a bold move going into the TDL and for that reason I would trade Tanev if the return included a 1st Rounder. To an extent trading Tanev depends on whether resigning Gudbranson looks positive. If it does not then that kills the deal and I would look to move Guddy and MDZ. 

8 hours ago, oldnews said:

what's hilarious is this FTG gem:

genius idea - to take on healthy scratch Seabrook (and get rekt in the process) - in the 2nd year of an 8 year deal that takes him to age 39. [facepalm]

#proper-rebuildz

I think you've facepalmed yourself one too many times, or did you just forget how to read/skip that part of the proposal that started with 

Ok, ok, just for giggles.  Time to do some wheeling and dealing.

Canucks trade Tanev to TO for Liljegren + 2017 1stround pick

Canucks trade Gudbranson + Nilsson to CHI for Seabrook (retained 27%) + 2017 1st round pick

I'm glad you found that funny, that's the point.  Unlike your sad attempt. 

Word of advice, just stick to your posts where you call people out for reading google reports on players, while you pretend like you know more....

Haha clown shoes... I always get a chuckle reading your post, keep it up

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I think you've facepalmed yourself one too many times, or did you just forget how to read/skip that part of the proposal that started with 

I'm glad you found that funny, that's the point.  Unlike your sad attempt. 

Word of advice, just stick to your posts where you call people out for reading google reports on players, while you pretend like you know more....

Haha clown shoes... I always get a chuckle reading your post, keep it up

*cough* makar isn't a top 5 pick

:P

Sorry had too man.

Morning everyone!

Hey just wanted to point out that there technically was no confirmed other trade for Schneider and trading within the division would have been a nightmare for ownership having to face him 6 times a year.

Horvat at 22 years old is trending towards a selke nominee

Schnieder at almost 32 years old to my knowledge still doesn't even have a vezina nod.

A top flight goalie on a rebuilding team is what we had in Miller and Luongo and that won us what?

A top center like Horvat is something every team needs except now we have him and the domino effect of that trade and ensuing moves left us with Demko and DiPietro as well.

If we could stop playing captain revisionist here that would be great; cause now we can get back to Dermott and a 2nd for Gudbranson

I really worry that we may end up overpaying Gudbranson.  Games like last night where we needed someone on the opposition to get punched in the face show that you need physical and mean players.

He is the only guy we have that has any of that (though he isn't really a dirty mean player with bad intentions like a Torres was).  I still think you trade him if he doesn't agree to a contract at similar numbers as he is getting now.  You can go out and replace that element for cheaper.  There are a dozen guys in the AHL or sitting in press boxes who could be had for next to nothing that can handle those duties for the rest of the season since we don't care as much about winning as making sure the kids are protected (Cody Mcleod is on waivers as an example)... then you have the opportunity to get a couple guys in the offseason.  A guy like Maroon probably isn't going to be re-signed by Edmonton who is in a cap crunch and have a similar player in Kassian already under contract.

12 hours ago, aGENT said:

"We will move players before they become diminishing assets."

- Benning

Hansen out, Edler next on deck.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

"We will move players before they become diminishing assets."

- Benning

Hansen out, Edler next on deck.

Yeah, that could still = next year though (or not at all :unsure: ). I'd certainly understand the motivation for wanting to keep him being that him and Tanev are our only current, legit 1st pair D. Moving either is a major hit to the D corps.

And there's always Edler's NTC to worry about.

So while I hope we move him, I'll not be remotely shocked to still see him at camp next fall either.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If we could stop playing captain revisionist here that would be great; cause now we can get back to Dermott and a 2nd for Gudbranson

Won't be traded from what I am seeing. He is a local kid who dreamed of playing for the team and has paid his dues in the AHL, trading him would be a nightmare from a PR standpoint. I would do two 2nds, I think the scouting staff has done well with 2nd round picks (Demko, Lind, Gadjovich). 

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

You cant continue to move out NTC's without consequence, one being a bad rep from a player perspective that the team doesn't honor the contracts that have been signed by the Canucks.   Not something to make a habit of.  

Don't see that as a problem with the org.

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

Well its not you vying for a place to land a contract and have it fufilled

The only guys we've moved who likely would have preferred/wouldn't minded staying were Garrison and Bieksa. They've honorued every other one including highly limiting themselves in trade options with guys that wanted out (Luongo, Kesler). 

Edler in all likelihood is not with the team beyond next season regardless of whether he wants to be or not. Moving him now, with his input on choice of destination, to a contender and a solid shot at a cup is hardly going to sully the org.

It's a non- issue IMO.

Archived