The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Seattle to begin season ticket drive, aiming for 2021 entry to NHL

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

2 hours ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

I looked around to see if there was a thread regarding Seattle getting an NHL team. 

Is it happening for sure or still just a rumour?

That would be awesome if they got a team.

There have been so many threads on the Seattle expansion already:

http://forum.canucks.com/search/?&q=seattle&type=forums_topic&nodes=2&search_in=titles&sortby=newest

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Seattle Times did a fan poll and are currently in the Final round

Totems vs Sockeyes

I really like the totems, especially if they use some sort of indigenous art work. I think it would look really cool

hands down the Seattle Seahockeys

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

I looked around to see if there was a thread regarding Seattle getting an NHL team. 

Is it happening for sure or still just a rumour?

That would be awesome if they got a team.

How is it awesome, when the league is trying to "sell parity" ie: competitiveness in a salary cap era..... then turns around and changes the expansion draft rules so teams can basically buy a Stanley Cup Contender?

this is straight up BULL____

Fans like us in Vancouver have been waiting 50 YEARS for a Cup and some team comes out of nowhere last year and goes all the way to the Final?

I was shocked more people weren't irate.

Expansion is cool and all, and Seattle is a great idea - but those draft rules need to get flushed.... Seattle were already chirping people because they know they're gonna get gifted... that is WRONG. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, mpt said:

They have to renovate the arena first then apply.  After the arena is finished, its just a matter of time.  I dont see the NHL denying them

Actually, the whole renovation deal depended on Seattle getting a expansion team, so with recent news they will start construction BEFORE the BoG meeting in December. In fact if my memory serves me right, they just held the last event in the old arena a couple days ago.

39 minutes ago, fecklund said:

How is it awesome, when the league is trying to "sell parity" ie: competitiveness in a salary cap era..... then turns around and changes the expansion draft rules so teams can basically buy a Stanley Cup Contender?

this is straight up BULL____

Fans like us in Vancouver have been waiting 50 YEARS for a Cup and some team comes out of nowhere last year and goes all the way to the Final?

I was shocked more people weren't irate.

Expansion is cool and all, and Seattle is a great idea - but those draft rules need to get flushed.... Seattle were already chirping people because they know they're gonna get gifted... that is WRONG. 

yep and they gave up a lot for Tatar and are still in good position. If Vegas happened to be Quebec instead, one could seriously ask the question of if it would of been the same deal. I dont think it would because the league knows Quebec would be supported regardless.

2 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Actually, the whole renovation deal depended on Seattle getting a expansion team, so with recent news they will start construction BEFORE the BoG meeting in December. In fact if my memory serves me right, they just held the last event in the old arena a couple days ago.

yes, getting the deal to renovate key arena was a huge step forward in the NHL`s approval.