Goldobin - Burmistrov - Virtanen

Boucher - Granlund - Gaunce

Edler - Stecher

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Pouliot - Biega

Markstrom

Scratched: Hutton, Chaput, Dowd

Like it.

2 guys on D that won't put up with shenanigans, Good example to others to follow suit, plus Boucher hopefully gets a shot right away while he's on a roll. Maybe on PP2 as well?

15 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

BTW :

" COCONUT SNOW ! "

I took someone to their first hockey game way back in the day (they were from the southeast states where college football = life) and half way through they were like "why are people chanting coconut snow?"

........ i just shrugged.....  :lol::lol:::D

Lol,I see a future username.

GO CANUCKS!!!!(COCONUTS!!!!)

31 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

I'm in agreement. 
Already mentioned the only reason I did that was because we're so banged up it's impossible to tell who's in, and who's playing with whom, until actual game time.

If I do another one, I'll make sure the team is healthy and post with something resembling certainty  ;)

Please make sure the team is healthy even if you don't make another GDT.

Long time reader, first response. In all honesty I was shocked this morning when I read the news about Brock being on the ice, but of course incredibly relieved. I know a lot of fans do not want us to make the playoffs so we can get a higher draft pick, but look at the last two seasons and how we have been screwed by the lottery. I have full faith in our management team to be able to grab us a solid NHL player in the 17-31 range. Just look at Brock Boeser, a top 5 player who we absolutely stole at #23! 

The point I am trying to make about the playoffs is that it would be a great experience for our younger guys who will understand what it takes to get to the playoffs and how much you have to increase your compete level once you are there. I know we are not contenders but I would much rather see the Sedins go out swinging, if this is indeed their last season. I do not live under a rock and know that currently our lineup is decimated by injuries, as it stands we are 4 points out of a playoff spot. For us to have any chance of making it, we need to stay within 5 points by the time Bo, Bae, Tanev, and Sutter are back in the lineup. We can not fall back 10+ points, however it would not be the end of the world if we miss the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, AceRan said:

Long time reader, first response. In all honesty I was shocked this morning when I read the news about Brock being on the ice, but of course incredibly relieved. I know a lot of fans do not want us to make the playoffs so we can get a higher draft pick, but look at the last two seasons and how we have been screwed by the lottery. I have full faith in our management team to be able to grab us a solid NHL player in the 17-31 range. Just look at Brock Boeser, a top 5 player who we absolutely stole at #23! 

The point I am trying to make about the playoffs is that it would be a great experience for our younger guys who will understand what it takes to get to the playoffs and how much you have to increase your compete level once you are there. I know we are not contenders but I would much rather see the Sedins go out swinging, if this is indeed their last season. I do not live under a rock and know that currently our lineup is decimated by injuries, as it stands we are 4 points out of a playoff spot. For us to have any chance of making it, we need to stay within 5 points by the time Bo, Bae, Tanev, and Sutter are back in the lineup. We can not fall back 10+ points, however it would not be the end of the world if we miss the playoffs. 

Good first post; welcome to CDC: the place that sanity forgot.

1 hour ago, darkpoet said:

Guddy in

Hutton out

"This was not an easy decision. I've liked his game this year, although he hasn't been great of late. He hasn't been bad enough to pull, but someone has to come out when you have seven healthy D."

11:24 AM - 19 Dec 2017

Glad it's not Biega coming out. I thought both Troy and Ben could afford to be scratched a game or two... let the Bulldog roll.

Guddy will be huge stabilizing the back end. He has absolutely 0 offensive threat but having him on the ice is always more beneficial than not. Hope we re-sign him. 

Please, please Don't rush or risk Boeser until he is ready. This is not a must win. They did that last year to Tanev and he got hurt again and was out for long term. He may be able to get his skate on but will he have full range of mobility. 

Archived