The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Burmistrov Retires from NHL

Roberts

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Call ups a hour away for home games, not road games. Lose nhl tickets to ahl , thus a revenue drop. Extra pressure on prospects that some might not be able to handle while young.

Many possibilities.

Lots of NHL teams have their farm teams within a two hour drive, a very few even play in the same city.

Could the Nucks even have a farm team further away than Utica? Take flight connections into account.

4 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Lots of NHL teams have their farm teams within a two hour drive, a very few even play in the same city.

Could the Nucks even have a farm team further away than Utica? Take flight connections into account.

The farm team is only far away when the Canucks are at home.

16 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Call ups in just an hour vs a day? Fans able to watch all the prospects actually play? Why not?

This is the very reason I want them nowhere near the hack media in this town.

We need to develop players out of the media spotlight instead of crushing them before they have a chance to develop. 

43 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I expected to get a decent offensive prospect for Hansen, which they did, correct.

Fast-forward, this prospect is statistically a defensive liability and offers very little in the way of offense either. Am I complaining or stating a fact? Connecting the dots here is not all that difficult. Again, some trades just don’t work out. 

Apparently, the +/- hate-fact stat bothers you to the point of referring to it as my having been whining about the trade. When accessing if a trade has worked out, using objectivity is best. 

Perhaps another poster will will offer an opposing perspective or metric, which would not result in me posting to call an idea or opinion as “whining”. 

189lb...

I responded to the below post originally.

As you said it was a hockey trade. I asked you what did you expect in exchange for Hansen.

Then you went on to ask me if I could not see this being a hockey trade? I never though any differently than that.

It was a gamble JB though was worth taking, as he would likely get around a 4th at best otherwise.

If he trades Goldy now, I'm sure he'd still get the eqivalent of a 4th for him, but probably only as part of a package.

It was just the fact you turned it around as if I hasd a problem with seeing it for what it is. As stated earlier, its a hockey trade. It may turn out alright, but probably won't...

Forget about the whining. Like opposition views...

On 12/26/2017 at 9:43 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

Goldy survived his pk time in the A, but haven’t you seen him in the NHL?

His D game has all the natural timing and ability of an amateur actor. He’s not going to be a hit on the pk. 

I get your point, but there is no point coddling this guy anymore on here. At best, he’s a mid-tier, Barcheese-type player. He’s also exceptionally soft and light on his feet, while offering up sporadic instances of secondary scoring. Exactly not what you want in a playoff roster player. 

The Hansen trade looks worse every game as the minus column for Goldy looks to hit double digits soon. I doubt he is worth a 2nd at this point, but boy, does he ever fit that “age gap” thing the JB was selling, early on. 

Other than Ho/Bo, this is the most tradable roster I can remember, in a purely ho hum sense. It’s like a bunch of factory workers or just a collection of cheap, interchangeable parts, that way. Time for some trades. 

12 hours ago, spook007 said:

189lb...

I responded to the below post originally.

As you said it was a hockey trade. I asked you what did you expect in exchange for Hansen.

Then you went on to ask me if I could not see this being a hockey trade? I never though any differently than that.

It was a gamble JB though was worth taking, as he would likely get around a 4th at best otherwise.

If he trades Goldy now, I'm sure he'd still get the eqivalent of a 4th for him, but probably only as part of a package.

It was just the fact you turned it around as if I hasd a problem with seeing it for what it is. As stated earlier, its a hockey trade. It may turn out alright, but probably won't...

Forget about the whining. Like opposition views...

It was your response that went off into a tangent. 

I stated a problem with Goldy’s play and connected it back to perhaps finally being able to assess the Hansen for a prospect trade...

You respond to this by asking for “enlightenment”; that I spell out what I thought Hansen was worth back then, which was not my point about what this prospect has become for us. 

I’m not going back to that, but while we are here, would you do that trade again, knowing what we know today about what Goldy has become for the Canucks? I would not, but it was worth the shot. That was a “hockey trade” JB had to make, though maybe there were better offers out there, who knows. 

3 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It was your response that went off into a tangent. 

I stated a problem with Goldy’s play and connected it back to perhaps finally being able to access the Hansen for a prospect trade...

You respond to this by asking for “enlightenment”; that I spell out what I thought Hansen was worth back then, which was not my point about what this prospect has become for us. 

I’m not going back to that, but while we are here, would you do that trade again, knowing what we know today about what Goldy has become for the Canucks? I would not, but it was worth the shot. That was a “hockey trade” JB had to make, though maybe there were better offers out there, who knows. 

It was worth the gamble and a trade he had to make. 

Better offers...who knows, but doubt it. 

The thing is hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if JB is in the same situation in the future, and think there is an opportunity to get a prospect with potential in return, I sure hope he gambles again. 

4 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Burmistrov is a bum. I would have driven him to the airport for a quarter.

Dude was a first round draft choice  - 8th overall .   

Were you drafted by a NHL team ?    If you ever meet Burmistov it will probably be you as a Uber driver  , ask him for his autograph..

14 hours ago, spook007 said:

It was worth the gamble and a trade he had to make. 

Better offers...who knows, but doubt it. 

The thing is hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if JB is in the same situation in the future, and think there is an opportunity to get a prospect with potential in return, I sure hope he gambles again. 

I agree. He has to make these kind of deals as it is the only way to augment the draft with young players.

I was excited at the trade despite the fact that I knew we would miss a heart and soul guy like Hansen. Goldy may yet come good, I hope he does but if Hansen is available in the summer I would snap him up in a heartbeat. 

Out of Bieksa, Hamhuis and Hansen, Hansen is the only one who is credible now at 31 years of age. I would love to get him back for 3 years.

16 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I see my name but I don't see the relevance Chip. I don't really care what chemistry players have OFF the ice.

Look, I have nothing against the player, in fact along with 2 videos of him this is what I wrote in July.

alfstonker

• Canucks First-Line
  •  
  • alfstonker
  • Members
  • 7,367 posts
Posted July 1 (edited)

I like everything about this guy. He doesn't do ordinary. He even levels players with apparent ease - and makes a clown out of Rask.

(2 Burmistrov videos)

If this guy, Boeser, Rodin, Gagner and Goldobin hit form with Bo Baer Loui and the Sedins, we may never get another top 10 pick. ::D

34 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I agree. He has to make these kind of deals as it is the only way to augment the draft with young players.

I was excited at the trade despite the fact that I knew we would miss a heart and soul guy like Hansen. Goldy may yet come good, I hope he does but if Hansen is available in the summer I would snap him up in a heartbeat. 

Out of Bieksa, Hamhuis and Hansen, Hansen is the only one who is credible now at 31 years of age. I would love to get him back for 3 years.

The one thing I always admired about Hansen, was his work ethics.

One day you may be the star of the show, the next you are garbage, and thats just how it is in sports, but the only thing you are totally in charge of, is giving it your all...

I think the Hansen train has gone, unfortunately, as he was my favorite player.

And yet... I quite fancy him on a line with JV and Gaunce.

If come summer Hansen would be available on a free, yes I'd pick him up as well, just like they did with Vanek. Rather Hansen than Burmistrov any day of the week.

On 12/28/2017 at 8:03 AM, alfstonker said:

I see my name but I don't see the relevance Chip. I don't really care what chemistry players have OFF the ice.

Look, I have nothing against the player, in fact along with 2 videos of him this is what I wrote in July.

alfstonker

• Canucks First-Line
  •  
  • alfstonker
  • Members
  • 7,367 posts
Posted July 1 (edited)

I like everything about this guy. He doesn't do ordinary. He even levels players with apparent ease - and makes a clown out of Rask.

(2 Burmistrov videos)

If this guy, Boeser, Rodin, Gagner and Goldobin hit form with Bo Baer Loui and the Sedins, we may never get another top 10 pick. ::D

Off ice chemistry translates to on ice chemistry. When you are from a foreign country knowing you have a brother or " Russian dad" as Goldobin referred to for Burmistrov hints at the potential chemistry they may have had on the ice which Travis Green never gave a chance to blossom.

Canadians and Americans don't have the same chemistry as 2 Euro guys who speak the same language and grew up in the same culture etc.

Archived