Canucks Community

[GDT] CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS | DEC.28 | 7:00PM | SNP | SN650 |

J-23

4 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Talk is swirling around Alex Petrovic

https://www.nhl.com/player/alexander-petrovic-8475755

25 years old. RH/D 
6'4" 206"
Was a big part of their penalty kill. Blocks a lot of shots. 
Things not working out though any longer for whatever reason...

https://puckprose.com/2017/12/22/florida-panthers-trade-rumors-alex-petrovic/

Interesting.  If Guddy is not resigning this guy seems like an okay replacement, and he’s cheap.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interesting.  If Guddy is not resigning this guy seems like an okay replacement, and he’s cheap.

Smells like Arizona is trying to find Anthony Duclair a new home as well

22 y/o
LW/LS
6' 191 lbs
Scored 20 goals 2 years ago then fell off the radar.... = possible Benning "reclamation project"

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/12/anthony-duclair-could-be-given-a-fresh-start.html

Guddy for Duclair ?

Interestingly, even through his struggles Duclair has remained a positive possession player. His shooting percentage was one of the biggest factors in his unfortunate numbers last season, as he scored on just 6.6% of his shots. If he can continue to generate shot attempts at a similar rate while surrounded by better players that 20-goal, 45-point potential could show up quickly. Don’t think the Coyotes haven’t realized that with their analytical front offense, meaning they won’t be just giving him away.

2 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Smells like Arizona is trying to find Anthony Duclair a new home as well

22 y/o
LW/LS
6' 191 lbs
Scored 20 goals 2 years ago then fell off the radar.... = possible Benning "reclamation project"

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/12/anthony-duclair-could-be-given-a-fresh-start.html

Guddy for Duclair ?

That’s an interesting one.  A lot of potential.

11 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

It would have to be a bubble team that really needs a boost... willing to pay a good price for more of Guddy’s services.  

Otherwise it makes no sense for JB to sell before the deadline, where you’d think he would get more.  (If he wants to sell.).

Also surprised this is coming up before they can even try to re-sign him. 

Seems weird. Of course, JD and his Boy Scouts have been trying to sell off Guddy since he was acquired so I guess it’s par for the course on that count.

I guess though if they talked over the break and Guddy wants to move on and/or just try out free agency and/or wants to much, then sure he could be moved right away. for all we know Jim's got some standing offers from some teams like TO that are a nice mix of prospects and picks. No need to wait if the deal is good enough. 

1 minute ago, Henr1k said:

I really want this line to do succeed. Would love this to be in our middle 6 behind bo brock and bear and sedins w/ louie

I like your name - btw - very creative.

That line has a really good mix of skill, speed, grit, and finish.  I hope TG gives them plenty of ice, and allows them to work through mistakes.  

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess though if they talked over the break and Guddy wants to move on and/or just try out free agency and/or wants to much, then sure he could be moved right away. for all we know Jim's got some standing offers from some teams like TO that are a nice mix of prospects and picks. No need to wait if the deal is good enough. 

Yeah, it would have to be a good deal on the table as prices usually skyrocket going into the TDL.  Maybe a team Guddy is willing to re-sign with which would up his value a lot and negate the need to wait.

Petrovic wouldn’t be a bad return either, I guess.  Much cheaper than Guddy but still brings nice size to the 4-5 RHD spot.  

Who knows!  I’m pretty confident JB will make a good deal.

2 hours ago, AllWeatherFan said:

You're asking how conversing with a player during an on ice practice is more private than a post game media scrum?

No, i'm asking how yelling at a player at practice when EVERY person watching has a camera on their phone and subsequently posted a video online is private? You don't think Nillsson has now seen this video? And how do you know that Nillsson will react positively? He is on his FIFTH team in the last 4 seasons for a reason.

33 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

No, i'm asking how yelling at a player at practice when EVERY person watching has a camera on their phone and subsequently posted a video online is private? You don't think Nillsson has now seen this video? And how do you know that Nillsson will react positively? He is on his FIFTH team in the last 4 seasons for a reason.

everyone was watching when he was playing badly, I'm not sure this really matters all that much. Coaches yell all the time. At least its not a Pronger video. 

19 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

No, i'm asking how yelling at a player at practice when EVERY person watching has a camera on their phone and subsequently posted a video online is private? You don't think Nillsson has now seen this video? And how do you know that Nillsson will react positively? He is on his FIFTH team in the last 4 seasons for a reason. though you've completely missed the point I was making. It's really simple if you want to have a look...

Im pretty sure I get what you're saying - though you're completely missed my point. It's super simple so here it is if you're interested...

Some of us have wanted Green to speak more honestly in hist post game pressers about the recent state of our goaltending. He tends to play off the consistent soft goals coming from both guys as no big deal. 

I made the comment last week that I'm sure Green tells it like it is when he's with the players and just not with the media. 

The video posted today from practice shows some of that. He's a good coach and wants to protect his players so he chooses certain places to do it and not others. This is what I meant about the relative privacy of an on ice practice versus a media scrum. 

Sounds like your beef stemming from your concern for Nillson's wellbeing is with Squire Barnes or whoever posted the video. 

1 hour ago, darkpoet said:

Talk is swirling around Alex Petrovic

https://www.nhl.com/player/alexander-petrovic-8475755

25 years old. RH/D 
6'4" 206"
Was a big part of their penalty kill. Blocks a lot of shots. 
Things not working out though any longer for whatever reason...

https://puckprose.com/2017/12/22/florida-panthers-trade-rumors-alex-petrovic/

It's no secret that out PK is hurrrtttiiingggggg right now, and it seems like Sutter retired, so.... Benning is Benning? 

I would love Petrovic. I'd have to dig into his numbers a bit more to learn about his defensive stats though. I liked him when he was younger for sure. Wouldn't be too bad of a deal.

Do we know if Guddy is in tonight?

Archived