The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A team in the KHL sacrifices a sheep to break slump....

Odd.

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

That's quite an assumption.  Do you consider it impossible that I've actually thought about this issue for a long time?

Well the idea that animals are mere property under the law can arguably be traced back to the religious belief that the big guy himself God gave Man dominion over all animals on earth. 

Oh Im sure you didnt.  You grew up with the assumption that it was OK to do what you do, but that doesnt make it rationally justified.  FTR I grew up also thinking the same.  For someone that brings up abortion, and Ill assume you think that the moral permissability of that practice is determined by reason (not religion), then your views regarding the ethical treatment of animals is also subject to reason.  Can your beliefs stand up to rational criticism e.g. lacking moral standing?  Again, for someone who ridicules religion as being rationally nonsensical, Im not sure your beliefs hold either.

Are you trying to say anyone who loves/doesnt eat animals are OK with the holocaust?  C'mon now man......

So you changed the font just for those two points?  If so my apologies....

It is ok to do what I do. You might think different. I don't give a &^@# about your morals. I care about the rule of law because I am practical person who happens to live in a (mostly) just society.  

That last point is asinine. Of course not and I question how in the hell you could come to that conclusion.  It was just to point out that beliefs on animals and spiritual beliefs don't need to be remotely connected or show a good person :P

8 hours ago, Master Mind said:

It amazes me that we live in a world where people are still so superstitious, that they think killing something will bring them good luck.

:picard:

It amazes me that we live in a world where a top prospect goalie feels he needs to be the last one off the ice or else the sky will fall in or something! Anywhooo...

9 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Many, many people still believe an invisible sky man is watching everything they do and will decide whether to allow them into his special amusement park after they die or send them to the afterlife's version of Surrey. People are &^@#ing stupid.....

A pure specimen appears.

ypT5XoW.jpg

db9.jpg

50 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No biggie...

I plan on sacrificing a lamb if we get the 1st overall draft pick, Dahlin.

This thread is making me hungry.

I may have to head over to the local Greek restaurant and sacrifice some lamb  .....    yummm.......

7 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

t is ok to do what I do. You might think different. I don't give a &^@# about your morals. I care about the rule of law because I am practical person who happens to live in a (mostly) just society.  

You obviously don't, although they are not my morals strictly speaking but rather normative obligations any rational person would believe as true.   

7 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

That last point is asinine. Of course not and I question how in the hell you could come to that conclusion.  It was just to point out that beliefs on animals and spiritual beliefs don't need to be remotely connected or show a good person :P

11 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Hitler loved animals and didn't eat them and look at his stance on other things.....

I'm having difficulty understanding you.  I'll take your word for it that Hitler loved animals and I do know he was a vegetarian.  I certainly do not know what his beliefs about animal were, and I certainly havnt espoused his views about anything.  So how is Hitler's beliefs on animals (which we do not know are) in any way a relevant point?  Care to explain what you mean by "spiritual beliefs" and "good person" because I certainly dont understand what point you are trying to make.  The only thing asinine here is your very vague rant of some sort. 

Also, trashing religion is an easy target.  You shouldnt be so impressed with yourself.

6 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

You obviously don't, although they are not my morals strictly speaking but rather normative obligations any rational person would believe as true.   

I'm having difficulty understanding you.  I'll take your word for it that Hitler loved animals and I do know he was a vegetarian.  I certainly do not know what his beliefs about animal were, and I certainly havnt espoused his views about anything.  So how is Hitler's beliefs on animals (which we do not know are) in any way a relevant point?  Care to explain what you mean by "spiritual beliefs" and "good person" because I certainly dont understand what point you are trying to make.  The only thing asinine here is your very vague rant of some sort. 

Also, trashing religion is an easy target.  You shouldnt be so impressed with yourself.

Actually I am just going to cease this discussion because it's pointless at this point and I have better things to do with my time.  Enjoy your day.  

It's just their culture... the sheep meat will probably go feed the needy. 

They do this in some other countries too. Not really to break a slump... but there's many reasons to do it. 

Regardless, this ends up feeding the needy or the homeless in most cases. So it's a good thing.

Archived