The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This oil should be refined before it leaves BC, as Jimmy McGill stated earlier. This country needs to stop being the resource doormat to the world and ensure that it is sending out exports that have supported the local economy first.

An oil spill of dilbit is far harder to clean up than conventional crude oil, due to the fact that destabilized distilled bitumen only floats briefly in saltwater before sinking, making the cleanup much harder to manage and the risks to the coast, and all the animals living on it, far greater. As long as dilbit is what is being proposed to be transported, it should be a resounding no from BC. Safety first.

This sounds right.   THEN PROTEST THIS.  Make an agreement to only do the pipeline if it is refined there like the old days.   Why cannot that be the dialogue instead of these misguided and ironic protests led by people who drive to these sessions.

26 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

They are standing up for all Earthlings  that want a healthy planet

The protestors are standing up for all species on our PLANET

KInder Morgan Pipeline Supporters  are   encouraging the destruction of our planet.  THEY  are part of the problem. 

Canada needs to become a world LEADER in GREEN ENERGY.    Now before it is too LATE. 

You, sir, are hilarious.   So bringing oil to you from the Middle East is "better for the planet"?     You do know that "GREEN ENERGY" can provide less than 30% of Canadian needs today even if we were to go "all in" and essentially triple the cost of that energy?   You don't think that may have a little teeny impact on the most vulnerable in our society?  You know what that would do to the North - which is predominantly indigenous in many communities?

Your snowflake, isolated arguments are just like those in Hollywood make without having a clue on how to make it happen.   Yes, the environment is important but you do realize that oil is also a natural product?   You are aware that the climate has always been changing and that sun activity is the reason for it?    You do also realize that you need public funds for things like GREEN ENERGY (will use your shouting) and other things - where will that revenue come from?    

I always wonder who votes for certain things and when I see some of this nature of posts, where people who demand a style of living and then turn around and protest the means by which it comes, it makes me shake my head.    Good job, you  have me dizzy!   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You, sir, are hilarious.   So bringing oil to you from the Middle East is "better for the planet"?     You do know that "GREEN ENERGY" can provide less than 30% of Canadian needs today even if we were to go "all in" and essentially triple the cost of that energy?   You don't think that may have a little teeny impact on the most vulnerable in our society?  You know what that would do to the North - which is predominantly indigenous in many communities?

Your snowflake, isolated arguments are just like those in Hollywood make without having a clue on how to make it happen.   Yes, the environment is important but you do realize that oil is also a natural product?   You are aware that the climate has always been changing and that sun activity is the reason for it?    You do also realize that you need public funds for things like GREEN ENERGY (will use your shouting) and other things - where will that revenue come from?    

I always wonder who votes for certain things and when I see some of this nature of posts, where people who demand a style of living and then turn around and protest the means by which it comes, it makes me shake my head.    Good job, you  have me dizzy!   

You make me fear for my planet.........  we are doomed if people like you are part of the decision making process  for government policy.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

They will get that money for green energy by selling that green bud. 

:lol:

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

What  is crap is... putting the BC coast at risk all for $$$$  for Alberta..... and encouraging Global Warming in the process...... by the consumption of a very dirty oil.

It is time now for Canada to cancel the Pipeline expansion and commit to developing GREEN ENERGY> 

Canada can become WORLD GREEN ENERGY LEADERS>>>>>>>

So you're pro site C now?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No i am in favour of Green energy....... 

So what would that be?

We need a lot of green electricty to get off of oil.

Wind farms are highly destrutive to birds.

Solar eats up farm land.

The kind that does neither is very VERY expensive and generally not enough to provide a backbone.

Waste to energy is terrific but won't supply it all and not all that popular around here.

So other than say green energy, can you be more specific? I can tell you no matter what you pick, it has an environmental footprint that you, or someone else, isn't going to like.

Oh, and FYI, the number of people on this planet is only going up, as is the demand for energy. And the ones in the poor side of the planet are too busy trying to stay alive than to worry if it's hurting the planet.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

So what would that be?

We need a lot of green electricty to get off of oil.

Wind farms are highly destrutive to birds.

Solar eats up farm land.

The kind that does neither is very VERY expensive and generally not enough to provide a backbone.

Waste to energy is terrific but won't supply it all and not all that popular around here.

So other than say green energy, can you be more specific? I can tell you no matter what you pick, it has an environmental footprint that you, or someone else, isn't going to like.

Oh, and FYI, the number of people on this planet is only going up, as is the demand for energy. And the ones in the poor side of the planet are too busy trying to stay alive than to worry if it's hurting the planet.

Isn’t hydro a really clean and renewable source of energy?  

4 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

So what would that be?

Wind

Run of River - no dam

Solar

Tidal

Wave 

Geothermal

Bio Mass 

There are the one's i would want to see dramatically expanded.

Of course many changes to building code as well. 

Couple of reads for you

https://www.bcsea.org/news/could-bc-become-100-renewable-energy-region-part-1-of-4-part-series

https://www.bcsea.org/energy-info/clean-renewable-energy-british-columbia

9 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

This isn't "our oil"...it's Alberta's and it's just passing through here to go elsewhere.  Yet we will assume all the risk at this end as tanker traffic will increase.  

you do realize the feds get a cut right? Which means all Canadians get a cut.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

You do realize that the Kinder Morgan pipeline is ALREADY  dead don't you...

You need to try to keep up to what the is the WiLL of the PEOPLE ....

KInder Morgan Pipeline Expansion died quite a while back......   Trudeau is just playing Alberta...  and Albertans are too dumb to see it....

image.jpeg.5c8f15159dfaadf6b9df6e0febc22e70.jpeg

6 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

You do realize that the Kinder Morgan pipeline is ALREADY  dead don't you...

You need to try to keep up to what the is the WiLL of the PEOPLE ....

KInder Morgan Pipeline Expansion died quite a while back......   Trudeau is just playing Alberta...  and Albertans are too dumb to see it....

image.jpeg.5c8f15159dfaadf6b9df6e0febc22e70.jpeg

Dumb? You mean like the people who didn't realize a pipeline has already been there for a very long time.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

We get "a cut" while Alberta reaps most of the reward and we incur most of the risk.  Hardly is incentive.  You can't put a price on this coast....and especially one that gives us "a cut".

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Dumb? You mean like the people who didn't realize a pipeline has already been there for a very long time.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/transmountain-craftcms/documents/1491240428-170401_Spill-Chart-for_w_locations_TMEP_FINAL.pdf?mtime=20170622173437

So double this then?

1 hour ago, mightycpc said:

Sure hope the precious BC coast is spared.  Boycott China.

Chinese satellite to CRASH into Earth in March and these are the chances it could hit YOU

A CHINESE spacecraft which was lost in 2016 is set to smash into Earth in the coming weeks.

This is ridiculous and I understand it's meant to mock those of us opposing this project, however, it mostly just proves you don't have much in the way of a good presentation or argument.

So pipelines are foolproof?  Incidents don't happen (see above)?  We're not talking something randomly falling out of the sky...this will be situated in BC.  It's a little different, but thanks for this brilliant contribution.

• Upvote 1

On 12/03/2018 at 12:48 PM, mightycpc said:

It's the white citizens of Burnaby surrounding Elder Robert in support that are responsible for destroying his way of life, not KM. I wonder if they understand this, and I wonder if he understands this.

pipeline-protest.jpg?imwidth=720

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/yes-and-no-protests-kinder-morgan-vancouver-march-2018-1.4571160

Squamish First Nation elder Robert Nahanee said expanding the pipeline will only add more pollution to the coast where he grew up.

"My family was food gatherers. We gathered clams, crabs, oysters, fish — everything. That's how I grew up. Now we can't even do that," Nahanee said. "We need to stand up and hear our voices. My voice is: O, Canada, you're on native land."

Please elaborate on this rather racist statement...getting sort of tired of the strawman stuff you're throwing out here.

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I never insinuated you but it's been proven a large amount of protesters didn't even know there was already an existing pipeline. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I never insinuated you but it's been proven a large amount of protesters didn't even know there was already an existing pipeline. 

It's really sad how so many are ignorant, and choose to stay that way.

• Upvote 1