The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours] Vanek

aGENT

24 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I want Tryamkin back here.

period.

Im tempted to buy an 88 Avtomobilist Jersey with his name on it and sit below the Canucks Mangement Box where they can see it in all it’s official size and bright red-ness !

I'm certain the Canucks management want him back as well, but the damage was done by Willie and he went back to Russia and is committed to completing his contract. Unless the team folds or can't pay their players, I think it's safe to say that he's going to be there at least a couple more years. Once that contract is up though, the Canucks management better be all over bringing him back.

I should add that it's good news that Benning will still be GM when that contract is up and I'm sure he will indeed be pushing to get him back.

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm certain the Canucks management want him back as well, but the damage was done by Willie and he went back to Russia and is committed to completing his contract. Unless the team folds or can't pay their players, I think it's safe to say that he's going to be there at least a couple more years. Once that contract is up though, the Canucks management better be all over bringing him back.

I should add that it's good news that Benning will still be GM when that contract is up and I'm sure he will indeed be pushing to get him back.

I believe any KHL contract has an NHL out clause at season end.. personally I would be letting Nik’s agent know that we wish to make an appointment to see him one week after his season ends this year.

We need him, and that’s all he needs to here from our GM and Coach.

38 minutes ago, Me_ said:

And I would put Virtanen with Pettersson and Dahlen and make him watch every goal Bertuzzi scored and assisted on in front of the net.

Hire Bertuzzi to Coach the power game to our prospects here in Vancouver and Utica.

He has openly expressed, he would like to.

Todd went through the same development,. Where Coach’s just deploy you and expect a type of game from you.. they don’t actually teach you anything.

Yes, it’s a physical game, but more so, a mental one..  and what would be better for this organization, than to have one of the best power forwards of his time teaching the likes of Jake Guance Bo Brock Guadette MacEwen and others the fine points of their game as they grow into their bodies.

... Maybe a great way for Bert to make peace with this organization and himself, his motivation to WANT to do it has sold me.

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I believe any KHL contract has an NHL out clause at season end.. personally I would be letting Nik’s agent know that we wish to make an appointment to see him one week after his season ends this year.

We need him, and that’s all he needs to here from our GM and Coach.

Tryamkin can buy out his contract himself. Vancouver can’t do it for him. That’s the only out clause.  But he’s already in record as saying he wants to play out his contract there. 

Just now, qwijibo said:

Tryamkin can buy out his contract himself. Vancouver can’t do it for him. That’s the only out clause.  But he’s already in record as saying he wants to play out his contract there. 

And I believe his Agent was quoted as saying “everything” or “anything” can happen”.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

And I believe his Agent was quoted as saying “everything” or “anything” can happen”.

That’s what agents do.  Keep doors open. Tryamkin himself said he didn’t see himself buying out his contract and he wants to play it out. 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

That’s what agents do.  Keep doors open. Tryamkin himself said he didn’t see himself buying out his contract and he wants to play it out. 

Players say all the right things too :)  All politics and keeping the status quo.

personally I think Nik is fed up with the KHL,. He’s been suspended twice this season for Quiffing off the officials,. And was just snubbed by the Russian Olympic team for a Swedish D man of all players to play for them.

Kids got growing pains now,. I think it’s less exciting for him to play in a KHL rink we’re the avg attendance is 6k per game.

His comments about how the crowd would react to his hits were very appreciative of the game and culture of hockey here.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Players say all the right things too :)  All politics and keeping the status quo.

personally I think Nik is fed up with the KHL,. He’s been suspended twice this season for Quiffing off the officials,. And was just snubbed by the Russian Olympic team for a Swedish D man of all players to play for them.

Kids got growing pains now,. I think it’s less exciting for him to play in a KHL rink we’re the avg attendance is 6k per game.

His comments about how the crowd would react to his hits were very appreciative of the game and culture of hockey here.

The other thing to consider is any buyout comes directly out of his pocket.  Vancouver can pay him more to cover it. But it’ll affect his AAV

13 hours ago, Me_ said:

And I would put Virtanen with Pettersson and Dahlen and make him watch every goal Bertuzzi scored and assisted on in front of the net.

yeah, I don't want Virtanen playing like the laziest player in Canucks history.  I liked Bert, but he didn't exert a lot of effort in his game

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

yeah, I don't want Virtanen playing like the laziest player in Canucks history.  I liked Bert, but he didn't exert a lot of effort in his game

Not much effort, just 449 points in 518 games as a Canuck while being an intimidating figure and great linemate/teammate and friend. Plus had a 18 year career (could've been 19 without the lockout) with over 1100 NHL games played. Definitely don't want Virtanen having that kind of career.

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Not much effort, just 449 points in 518 games as a Canuck while being an intimidating figure and great linemate/teammate and friend. Plus had a 18 year career (could've been 19 without the lockout) with over 1100 NHL games played. Definitely don't want Virtanen having that kind of career.

Again, I liked Bert and he put up decent points, but he was incredibly lazy

On 2/7/2018 at 2:17 PM, R.Dahlin26 said:

Hutton + 2018 2nd for Spooner screams like a Benning trade.

I really hope that that doesn't happen, Spooner should not be a target.

What should be a target is a prospect D-man,

I would like to see Benning make a deal with Boston, something like Hutton +     for  Jakub Zboril  !

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

With the high price tags for some of the left wingers out there. I'm kind of shocked no team had tried to buy up Vanek before the others. I would think a third and JB would jump on it.

Finally some Vanek talk ;) 

1 hour ago, rekker said:

With the high price tags for some of the left wingers out there. I'm kind of shocked no team had tried to buy up Vanek before the others. I would think a third and JB would jump on it.

I think Vanek will move,  and I think JB will do good with it.  Islanders?

Archived