The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours] Vanek

aGENT

30 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Imo he has.  Considering all of Anaheim's early injury trouble to key guys, Ritchie was a scratch at times.

Lots of potential to be a solid pwr forward though at only 21 I believe. I’d definitely take a chance on him if the price was right.

15 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

Lots of potential to be a solid pwr forward though at only 21 I believe. I’d definitely take a chance on him if the price was right.

I was commenting on another post that involved tanev in a trade for Ritchie.  Crazy talk imo.

but a deal involving vanek or Sven or even Goldie I would entertain....although I think goldy has potential.

i really like vanek but it's a move for the future.

34 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I was commenting on another post that involved tanev in a trade for Ritchie.  Crazy talk imo.

but a deal involving vanek or Sven or even Goldie I would entertain....although I think goldy has potential.

Ritchie + 1st rounder? I probably would for tanev. I’d maybe do baer straight across too but doubt ducks would do it. You’re definitely not getting Ritchie for goldy or vanek straight across imo

Just now, Nancouver said:

Ritchie + 1st rounder? I probably would for tanev. I’d maybe do baer straight across too but doubt ducks would do it. You’re definitely not getting Ritchie for goldy or vanek straight across imo

Agree.  One of the three would have to be added to.

On 2/19/2018 at 7:13 PM, riffraff said:

I see Sven and Goldie as relatively similar type of player. They have skill, neither is ever going to be anything close to abrasive. I think we have a few guys like this in the system, if we needed to move one of them as part of a package for someone with some size and skill and a bit of a mean streak, completely good with it!

13 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I see Sven and Goldie as relatively similar type of player. They have skill, neither is ever going to be anything close to abrasive. I think we have a few guys like this in the system, if we needed to move one of them as part of a package for someone with some size and skill and a bit of a mean streak, completely good with it!

This is where I think the 'hockey trade' is going to come in. We've now got solid, bottom 4 left D depth and smaller, skilled offensive W'er depth. I think we move some of that for pieces we need.

16 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Apparently ANA, PIT, and BOS have made calls on Thomas Vanek. Still likely a 50/50 chance he's dealt.

Hearing something Hutton + Vanek deal might land Nick Ritchie.  Not sure ANA needs Hutton tho.

Not sure about Ritchie. He looks just ok playing in Anaheim. He plays their kind of style so it's kind of a red flag they want to get rid of him. He's listed at 234lbs. Seems pretty heavy for the modern game. 

56 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Apparently ANA, PIT, and BOS have made calls on Thomas Vanek. Still likely a 50/50 chance he's dealt.

Hearing something Hutton + Vanek deal might land Nick Ritchie.  Not sure ANA needs Hutton tho.

Would do that deal in a heart beat. I really wanted Ritchie at #6 when we had the chance in 2014. 

49 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Who are you hearing this from. Do you have a secret source or are you hearing this on the radio. If it's radio like 1040 can you say which person made this claim . Thx.

14 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Would do that deal in a heart beat. I really wanted Ritchie at #6 when he had the chance in 2014. 

No doubt JB would too. I'm suspect of Rush17s sources. Would really help if he clarified if he has a secret source within the Canucks organisation who has provided this info to him or was he listening to the radio and one of these taking heads made this up. 

16 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Who are you hearing this from. Do you have a secret source or are you hearing this on the radio. If it's radio like 1040 can you say which person made this claim . Thx.

Saw it on another board.  Forget who the source was now.  Yesterday was a long time ago.

Ok so I looked it up. Believed to be a quote from Dhalliwal on Sportsnet 650 the Point. Yesterday. Haven't heard the clip myself but huge discussion on it.

Archived