The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours] Vanek

aGENT

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If Eriksson had chemistry with Bo he would be with Bo. Plain and simple. There's no reason management/coaching staff would let Eriksson continue to be a stain on the organization if he could fit with Bo and out produce Baertschi. Baer is far from "very overrated". Seems like 90% of CDC is content with sending Baer out for a 2nd round pick. Goldy at his best will become what we have in Baertschi, maybe a bit better offensively but worse defensively. If Goldy could prove he could out produce Baer and not be a liability defensively I'd be all for trading Baer. But as it stands now you don't trade a still relatively youngish guy that can hang in the top 6 to make room for a guy that hasn't proven he can consistently hang in the NHL at all let alone in the top 6. This isn't NHL 18 where you can confidently move guys cause your prospects are almost always gonna improve over the summer.

Eriksson is far from a stain on the organization. How do you figure if he had chemistry?  What?  As if he has played with Bo for a 30 game stretch or something to see if they had chemistry.  Chemistry is developed over time playing together.  If you don't play together it is hard develop chemistry.  Goldobin has a long way to go, but he hasn't been gifted 16 minutes a night playing with the teams best center either.  No guarantees he is as good as Baertschi, but its not a very steep hill to climb to get to that summit.

11 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

So he'll come back if they return. But won't sign pen to paper until they agree too. Lol. So we got 3 twins heading into the off season.

The Sedins belong in the rafters.   Not on the ice anymore with the direction of the club 

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If Eriksson had chemistry with Bo he would be with Bo. Plain and simple. There's no reason management/coaching staff would let Eriksson continue to be a stain on the organization if he could fit with Bo and out produce Baertschi. Baer is far from "very overrated". Seems like 90% of CDC is content with sending Baer out for a 2nd round pick. Goldy at his best will become what we have in Baertschi, maybe a bit better offensively but worse defensively. If Goldy could prove he could out produce Baer and not be a liability defensively I'd be all for trading Baer. But as it stands now you don't trade a still relatively youngish guy that can hang in the top 6 to make room for a guy that hasn't proven he can consistently hang in the NHL at all let alone in the top 6. This isn't NHL 18 where you can confidently move guys cause your prospects are almost always gonna improve over the summer.

Well, from an asset management stand point, it would actually be wise to replace Baertschi with Goldobin provided we could get a decent return for Sven. 

We need to decide whether we're going to play Goldy or watch him bolt to the K. If Goldobin doesn't have a roster spot (and not in the press box) by the start of next season then he's as good as gone. So....we either cut our losses now, give him a roster spot in addition to Baertschi or trade Baertschi and go with Goldy. 

Personally, I don't know if there's room for both Goldobin and Baertschi and I don't like losing an asset for nothing. So I'd roll the dice that Goldobin can become Baertschi's equal (or close to it) and get an asset(s) back for Baertschi. This will also save us roughly $1.5, maybe $2M in salary next season. 

22 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Well, from an asset management stand point, it would actually be wise to replace Baertschi with Goldobin provided we could get a decent return for Sven. 

We need to decide whether we're going to play Goldy or watch him bolt to the K. If Goldobin doesn't have a roster spot (and not in the press box) by the start of next season then he's as good as gone. So....we either cut our losses now, give him a roster spot in addition to Baertschi or trade Baertschi and go with Goldy. 

Personally, I don't know if there's room for both Goldobin and Baertschi and I don't like losing an asset for nothing. So I'd roll the dice that Goldobin can become Baertschi's equal (or close to it) and get an asset(s) back for Baertschi. This will also save us roughly $1.5, maybe $2M in salary next season. 

You don’t replace an asset with a player before that player even proves he can play. Goldy has been up and down from the A cause coaching staff doesn’t feel he is ready. What if we move Baer, give Goldy that spot and he flops? Now we have to try fill the hole Baer left and we potentially damaged Goldy as a prospect.

18 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

You don’t replace an asset with a player before that player even proves he can play. Goldy has been up and down from the A cause coaching staff doesn’t feel he is ready. What if we move Baer, give Goldy that spot and he flops? Now we have to try fill the hole Baer left and we potentially damaged Goldy as a prospect.

For the remainder of this year....not sure it's that big of a concern.

After that we have Gaudette, Pettersson, Dahlen all pressing for spots on top of Goldobin plus the UFA market to fill Sven's role. Not to mention a possible top 3 pick (Svech/Zadina).

If you can get good value for Baer now, you certainly look at it IMO.

Oh this will get the CDC Sedin haters happy :bigblush:

Vanek would re-sign with Canucks if Sedins also stay

Thomas Vanek says he would be willing to return for another season with the Vancouver Canucks, but that desire comes with a rather significant caveat.

The impending unrestricted free-agent forward told Sportsnet's Iain MacIntyrethat he'd take another one-year deal to play with Henrik and Daniel Sedin, but the twins won't tell him if they're going to re-sign.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1491879

Frik Vanek. Guy won't shut up with the quotes lately. Not sure if anything he is saying hurts his value or not. The guy doesn't say squat all year and now on the eve of trade deadline day he has a case of verbal diarrhea. Just sit quiet till we call your name. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but we don't want Vanek back to play with the Sedins... that does our prospects no good whatsoever. 

Maybe it's his gentle way of letting us down/avoiding the hard answer?

It's either them or him, not both. You'd have to think he knows that/his agent has informed him...right?

47 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Oh this will get the CDC Sedin haters happy :bigblush:

Vanek would re-sign with Canucks if Sedins also stay

Thomas Vanek says he would be willing to return for another season with the Vancouver Canucks, but that desire comes with a rather significant caveat.

The impending unrestricted free-agent forward told Sportsnet's Iain MacIntyrethat he'd take another one-year deal to play with Henrik and Daniel Sedin, but the twins won't tell him if they're going to re-sign.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1491879

So the plus minus on that group as a line if they played a whole year together would be , say, minus 150 or so

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

It's either them or him, not both. You'd have to think he knows that/his agent has informed him...right?

Hard to say what his agent knows for sure... if I had to bet I'd say no one really knows yet. So much can happen between now and then with trades, draft and free agency who the heck knows what we're going into next year with besides Bo and Boeser?

All I know is I don't want to see a Sedins-Vanek line next year. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Hard to say what his agent knows for sure... if I had to bet I'd say no one really knows yet. So much can happen between now and then with trades, draft and free agency who the heck knows what we're going into next year with besides Bo and Boeser?

All I know is I don't want to see a Sedins-Vanek line next year. 

“Careful what you [don’t] wish for”. :towel:

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Im also kinda seeing that he would sign a 1 year to be with sedins, if no sedins perhaps he’s looking for a longer term like 3-4 years

but it is a no brainer, no room if sedins stay (they’ve had great careers but are being selfish brats right now)

Archived