The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - VANCOUVER VS TAMPA BAY

Where'd Luongo?

1 minute ago, krizzel said:

just tuned in, honestly surprised we aren't down more..

But surprised to see Archie isn't in the lineup, anyone can update me on his status please?

He hasn't arrived yet, will arrive and play tomorrow. This soft team desperately needs his presence.

1 minute ago, krizzel said:

just tuned in, honestly surprised we aren't down more..

But surprised to see Archie isn't in the lineup, anyone can update me on his status please?

playing in Carolina - passport issues or something

2 minutes ago, niknuk85 said:

What ever happened to protecting the front of your net. If that was dowdy or Keith would that have been a penalty. I miss the days of a defenceman taking care of business in front of HIS net.

I hear you. But it's along the lines of what I mentioned earlier. You need to know how to be sneaky about it. IE. Lay the lumber to the top of his hockey pant there. Push down on it if you can. That never gets called. Get up high with your gear and the refs feel the need to whistle it. Crap. But way the game is now . 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They should be playing the same way no matter who's in the lineup. You're style shouldn't change, we learned what that equals under Desjardins.

The injuries piled up because of night after night of 40 shots against and low possession numbers. Thats gonna increase the chances of injuries.

I agree there, in theory that would be the dream. But again, if you don't have the personnel throughout your lineup and system, it's easier said than done to maintain that style of play. Fortunately, things can only go up from here, hopefully.

Archived