The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Holm-Pouliot 3rd pairing at practice -- could be in at Vegas

Gaudette Celly

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard Green during one interview say that if he used Horvat in all the situations Bo was the best we have, Bo would be playing 27 plus minutes a game.  We need more top notch players!

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

About time.

Wow even the 2nd unit PP.  Going with the kids love it!  jake on the PP oh I am so excited!!  

Clearly the PK failure the other night has everything swapped around.  I want to know the PK lines batch!   I hope we see Vanek on the point instead of net front duties. guy has a laser beam.  Then again Virtanen's shot would be fun for him to deflect!

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And this is a good point. Any word on the PK personnel?

Likely Sutter, Archibald, Eriksson and Horvat - was Dowd before but Gagner should be back in the lineup and he was the one without a line.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Wow even the 2nd unit PP.  Going with the kids love it!  jake on the PP oh I am so excited!!  

Clearly the PK failure the other night has everything swapped around.  I want to know the PK lines batch!   I hope we see Vanek on the point instead of net front duties. guy has a laser beam.  Then again Virtanen's shot would be fun for him to deflect!

I would like to see more speed and skill, like Jake, on our PK too.  Teams' D on their PP would need to respect Jake's speed, and (maybe?) would back off on 50/50 pucks, allowing us to get loose pucks more often.  Speed is a really good deterrent. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I would like to see more speed and skill, like Jake, on our PK too.  Teams' D on their PP would need to respect Jake's speed, and (maybe?) would back off on 50/50 pucks, allowing us to get loose pucks more often.  Speed is a really good deterrent. 

I like your thinking.  Plus he has a wicked shot. :D  I loved seeing him on the ice in 3 on 3 OT.  

Good to see him get more opportunity.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Wonder how they set this up.  If they keep the same formation, perhaps it's LHS Baertschi on Henrik's half-wall, Vanek low net-front, and Jake high?

Baer has mostly played left circle, Gagner bumper,  Virtanen net front and Vanek right half-wall would be my guess.

I like JB and Green a lot and think they understand player development - but throwing Holm into his first game against the best team in the league with an absolutely smothering, relentless forecheck and tight-as-a-drum defensive coverage in all three zones is not exactly what one would say is 'easing the guy' into the line-up. 

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I like JB and Green a lot and think they understand player development - but throwing Holm into his first game against the best team in the league with an absolutely smothering, relentless forecheck and tight-as-a-drum defensive coverage in all three zones is not exactly what one would say is 'easing the guy' into the line-up. 

This. Green will insert him when he sees Holm is ready. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Remember Bartkowski - Weber.

That is all.

that made me laugh...

and...

I just remembered them today in answer to SmitherJoes statement about players JB has brought in.

I find it interesting that though Bart can't seem to crack the Calgary lineup Webbie is a regular on one of the best Ds in the league.

It kind of goes with my theory the Canucks bring in players and put them in rolls they are unsuited for. Top line Loui, Second line Sutter, Top six Bartman, # 3 Guber

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

So they finally decide to play him and some fans still complain about how, when......

jesus man....

I'm not complaining, I'm pointing out that they are throwing him into the fire and setting him up to potentially be exposed, which in turn will set off the real complainers/media to call him a bust. I'm excited to see him play, but I would also like for him to succeed.

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

that made me laugh...

and...

I just remembered them today in answer to SmitherJoes statement about players JB has brought in.

I find it interesting that though Bart can't seem to crack the Calgary lineup Webbie is a regular on one of the best Ds in the league.

It kind of goes with my theory the Canucks bring in players and put them in rolls they are unsuited for. Top line Loui, Second line Sutter, Top six Bartman, # 3 Guber

Weber is one of the 4Ds that alternate in and out of the lineup.  Lately they've been alternating pairings Emelin-Weber one game, Irwin-Bitetto the next. 

Archived